Perhaps it's time to stop pinging Sally for every little thing

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
The whole issue is Sally "she who is wonderful and amazing and all the positives and goodness in here" , is one person.
There are other CM's but for whatever reason don't respond back to pings unfortunately .
Sally took the "we shall communicate better" to heart and does so with her own little foibles . I who was once a great forum whinger have seen the light and know that when she finds out she will lettuce know .
So yes let's give the other CM's a hard time and see if they can respond and do their part in helping Elite be great again .
There are other communication platforms besides the forum. So no, let's not give anyone a hard time.

Im just going to point out that Sally and Salvations names start the same … Sally came back in April … the same time Salvation appeared in game… She is very busy right now… lots of messages - which coincides with Salvation getting info on “Thargoid” activity…
Wait... does that make make us...

VWrPDpnn3haOGX28MF2r9AhR6YS6Qf43FigkkGawWxM.gif

I've just had an epiphany...

What if the pings are deliberate attempts at exasperating her, in the vain hope to obtain the new EDSM badge? 🤔

(although my bet is that a forum ban is a much easier achievement, in that respect...)

As long as its Elite Dangerous related then its all good. The pent up explosion of engagement is good, sally hopefully filters and continues the mega engagement she is leading. Reminds me of the bar at lavecon..., loved that white dress... so want to ping sally in this post... resist resist.

Well I mean the other CMs are perfectly content to let the entire console player base sit and think were all getting dropped so maybe if they chimed in from time to time to reassure us we wouldn't have this problem. Sally's the only one so far to at least attempt to ease our fears. Shes a great CM and the only time I ever pinged her was to encourage her. I've been in jobs where everyone just sits around while I do all the work and its infuriating. I hope she doesnt get burned out.

That's not how the issue tracker works.
While agreeing with the main point you're making, it really is something Frontier need to address that the issue tracker is so user-hostile, and so prone to losing bug reports by design, that people find pinging a CM to be by far the more effective way of bringing a bug to their attention.

If it turns out that there's too much work for the CMs and whoever monitors the Issue Tracker to handle, given the size and activity of the Elite Dangerous community - and I'm very sure that's true - well, a company with consistent 8-figure annual profits has an obvious way out of that situation.

While agreeing with the main point you're making, it really is something Frontier need to address that the issue tracker is so user-hostile, and so prone to losing bug reports by design, that people find pinging a CM to be by far the more effective way of bringing a bug to their attention.

If it turns out that there's too much work for the CMs and whoever monitors the Issue Tracker to handle, given the size and activity of the Elite Dangerous community - and I'm very sure that's true - well, a company with consistent 8-figure annual profits has an obvious way out of that situation.
One being to lower the amount of confirmations to a sensible level :D

This is what I've been trying to highlight, Elite has suffered from understaffing, but the damage has been done in the past and it's hard to tell if the people they have on it now are enough to clear the enormous backlag that's built up.

Yeha right? It'l like 3 or 5 for other Frontier games but 10 for us!!! Why????
The cynic in me suggests its because they have so many bugs to fix having a 10 requirement is a way to reduce the amount to vital ones only (i.e. triage). If it was lowered then FD would have a confirmed list a mile long and be snowed under with identically prioritized issues.

The cynic in me suggests its because they have so many bugs to fix having a 10 requirement is a way to reduce the amount to vital ones only (i.e. triage). If it was lowered then FD would have a confirmed list a mile long and be snowed under with identically prioritized issues.
Yeah an from even my own experience I'd say a third of them are probably user error, one third wishlists for features and the other third a mixture of genuine and duplicates.

Yeah an from even my own experience I'd say a third of them are probably user error, one third wishlists for features and the other third a mixture of genuine and duplicates.
Oh, there's definitely a whole load of "not bugs" in there - much of which would still benefit from someone going through and explaining to the reporter what actually happened to them, of course - but those generally don't even get one confirmation.

Top Bottom