State of the Game

View attachment 262572
R1.jpeg

Up at a meeting with the pharm council, their office is in this bloody pricey real estate! It's posh as hell!

I do perform delicate assassinations on the side though, for the right price of course ;)

I love this mate!
Which pharmacy body? I left the pharmacy trade around the time the Royal Pharmaceutical Society 'asked' (i.e. told) technicians they had to register and have to keep on with continual professional development (which is a total waste of time). So if its these useless punks you can send them through 'The Left Door' :D

Of course there is real curry - you just have to travel to one of the 28 states/Union territories of India. My better half's Tamil Nadu recipes are far superior (and hotter) to anything you get around these parts (London)!
Let me 'unpack'. Curry is a myriad of different dishes where some can be very different to others, and thereafter it's down to personal taste. An Indian curry is not inherently better nor worse than one from Bangladesh, Birmingham or Thailand.

An Ozzy bloke I used to know used to order a Phall. A dish that originated in Birmingham. So there is no 'real curry' (singular) in that curry is a very broad term covering many different dishes, cultures and tastes. Each to their own and ymmv.

Here's a cat:
Caterpillar-emporer-1024x535.jpg

:erpillar.

Which pharmacy body? I left the pharmacy trade around the time the Royal Pharmaceutical Society 'asked' (i.e. told) technicians they had to register and have to keep on with continual professional development (which is a total waste of time). So if its these useless punks you can send them through 'The Left Door' :D

It's the general pharm council - they took over the regulation stuff and legal things from the RPS when the changeover you describe happened, not that I can remember which year it was.

As it happens I agree with you over the tech registration and cpd request/demands now and did back at the time - several tech friends left for those reasons.

One thing I'd add is that these guys must be raking it in from retention fees to fund this place, it's quite astonishing really. Good job that I'm publicly posting these comments under a pseudonym though, so they can bite me if they have beef!

I might end up whacking one of them if here until Friday for the slowest meeting ever though....! Trying not to fall asleep when it's in session. I'll give them a polite kick in the crotch from yourself as well though mate, just out of principle! ;)

It's the general pharm council - they took over the regulation stuff and legal things from the RPS when the changeover you describe happened, not that I can remember which year it was.

As it happens I agree with you over the tech registration and cpd request/demands now and did back at the time - several tech friends left for those reasons.

One thing I'd add is that these guys must be raking it in from retention fees to fund this place, it's quite astonishing really. Good job that I'm publicly posting these comments under a pseudonym though, so they can bite me if they have beef!

I might end up whacking one of them if here until Friday for the slowest meeting ever though....! Trying not to fall asleep when it's in session. I'll give them a polite kick in the crotch from yourself as well though mate, just out of principle! ;)
What really annoyed me is that we had to pay these fees (and get them all stamped by a solicitor as well) and got nothing for it in exchange bar a reg Pharm Tech offical name. No legal representation (like pharmacists got) and we had to do CPD. Now, as a hospital pharmacy technician I could make pretty much anything, and felt CPD was useless since I'm trained in what I need to do (unlike community pharmacy which this was for).

For a technician who also single handedly designed the hospitals modern prescription charts and did IT too, I was less than impressed having to be lectured on 'learning'. CPD learning for a hospital tech is going to drug rep meetings and nodding.

grrrrrrr

I can feel my blood pressure rising :mad:

Top Bottom