Perhaps it's time to stop pinging Sally for every little thing

Sally was also not railing against the number of pings but trying to help people to be patient and understand that their issues take time to solve if I read it correctly.

They really don't - check out the number of posts the CMs have made the last couple of months and the sort of posts they are. Sally responds to more in a day than the others do combined in the whole month.
Sure doesnt feel like it. Check out which CMs have responded on the Playstation or Xbox forums :unsure: and the number of posts.

On Xbox last Community Manager non-Sally post was Arthur Tolmie Feb 26th 2021, then Paul Crowther March 16th 2020.
On PS last Community Manager non-Sally post was Zac Cocken June 25th 2021 (and only to confirm "no plans" basically), then Stephen Benedetti July 7th 2020.

We've had community managers be hired, promote/leave, and never post a single thing on our forums. It's barely an exaggeration to say we've had literally 1 (one) post a year from distinct CMs. I'd consider that not great community engagement for a playerbase.

Last edited:
Although the problem with roadmaps is that people expect you to stick to them, as if circumstances don't change with time.

:D S
True, Powerplay (from my information at the time) was probably a few months away from being redone around 2.4 and then FD had its funny time.

Sure doesnt feel like it. Check out which CMs have responded on the Playstation or Xbox forums :unsure: and the number of posts.

On Xbox last Community Manager non-Sally post was Arthur Tolmie Feb 26th 2021, then Paul Crowther March 16th 2020.
On PS last Community Manager non-Sally post was Zac Cocken June 25th 2021 (and only to confirm "no plans" basically), then Stephen Benedetti July 7th 2020.

We've had community managers be hired, promote/leave, and never post a single thing on our forums. It's barely an exaggeration to say we've had literally 1 (one) post a year from distinct CMs. I'd consider that not great community engagement for a playerbase.
How many CM posts in the PC subforum?

The general forum is for console players just as much as for PC players.

True, Powerplay (from my information at the time) was probably a few months away from being redone around 2.4 and then FD had its funny time.
Who knows - maybe someone found something unfixable.

Possible scenario:
"YOU drank from my glass."
"I... I..."
"You drank from MY glass, David!"
"It was a mistake - I confused with mine, I'm sorry."
"I'm done here! This is just too much!!!"

I agree. There are a lot of reasons why people try to ping CMs, not the least of which is that players often feel ignored by the devs when things get broken and then never addressed. Combine that with the fact that 75% of the CMs virtually never actually do anything, and you end up with the one actual active CM bearing the brunt of the workload.

I don't think people should ping CMs over every little petty thing, but this is also clearly an indicator that FDev's hiring standards and management of CMs is lacking. It's an issue on both sides of things; users are too obsessive sometimes with pings, and some CMs themselves also don't seem to actually...do their job much.

Now I understand that the job description of CMs isnt PURELY to lurk forums and answer questions; they're also responsible for social media posts, streaming events, PR etc. But engaging with the community (hence the title community manager) IS still a prominent part of that job.

I agree. There are a lot of reasons why people try to ping CMs, not the least of which is that players often feel ignored by the devs when things get broken and then never addressed. Combine that with the fact that 75% of the CMs virtually never actually do anything, and you end up with the one actual active CM bearing the brunt of the workload.

I don't think people should ping CMs over every little petty thing, but this is also clearly an indicator that FDev's hiring standards and management of CMs is lacking. It's an issue on both sides of things; users are too obsessive sometimes with pings, and some CMs themselves also don't seem to actually...do their job much.

Now I understand that the job description of CMs isnt PURELY to lurk forums and answer questions; they're also responsible for social media posts, streaming events, PR etc. But engaging with the community (hence the title community manager) IS still a prominent part of that job.
As in most companies, I expect the devs and CMs are doing what they are told to do, as in the traditional employer, employee model.

Top Bottom