THE DRY LANDS - A Desert Zoo Experience

Hi guys! I never got that last NA section update post up, so now I better get to it! This area is a bit more empty in the surroundings, so there is still a lot of work to do around here.

Here we are back at the area just after the Souvenir Shop. Behind the shop there is a small place to buy ice cream, and then we got the prairie dogs to the left!
P Dog TDL.jpg

A better look at the enclosure, still need to make some signs and stuff.
P Dog TDL 2.jpg

Got a nice shot of this guy!
P Dog up close.jpg

Opposite the prairie dog enclosure you can get another view into the bisons with the cougar cliff and a viewing platform in the background.
TDL Bison P Dog.jpg

Oh thank you @Francesca Falcini!

Went with a quick attempt at a piece of some Petrified Forest (thank you for the idea @darthquell). I think it could make up a decent entry for the competition. Still got some time to adjust it a bit. Added it to my Path of the Past area, which we still need to take a look at here in the thread.

View attachment 268065
may i ask, what pieces are those? artifical wood pieces?

Once again thank you guys! And let us go for a proper update today.

We will leave the NA area for now - Just started on the Jaguar Enclosure, so we will return when I get that finished.

We are back on the platform in front of the entrance, from here there is a small bridge leading you to the African area.
TDL Platform left.jpg

From this bridge you can look into a section of a backstage area. The signs will (when I get it done) educate about the various staff in the park or similar.
TDL Backstage.jpg

And your view from the opposite side. Staff is able to drive/walk under the bridge.
TDL Backstage 2.jpg

Here our African adventure starts. The main part of the African area focus on wildlife from the Kalahari and Namib Desert areas. In the African section the foliage is a combination of native North American species and African plants which have been imported to the park.
TDL Africa Gate.jpg

I just started to play a bit around on Twitch. I am completely new to it, so it is probably a bit boring to watch at the moment. I don't really have a plan for it right now, just getting used to it. If anyone is interested in that or maybe want to drop by with some advice or something this is my channel:
Source: https://www.twitch.tv/salamanderspz

It is currently quite random when I stream, but you are welcome to say hi if you notice me on there.

Once again thank you guys! And let us go for a proper update today.

We will leave the NA area for now - Just started on the Jaguar Enclosure, so we will return when I get that finished.

We are back on the platform in front of the entrance, from here there is a small bridge leading you to the African area.
View attachment 268608

From this bridge you can look into a section of a backstage area. The signs will (when I get it done) educate about the various staff in the park or similar.
View attachment 268609

And your view from the opposite side. Staff is able to drive/walk under the bridge.
View attachment 268610

Here our African adventure starts. The main part of the African area focus on wildlife from the Kalahari and Namib Desert areas. In the African section the foliage is a combination of native North American species and African plants which have been imported to the park.
View attachment 268611

I just started to play a bit around on Twitch. I am completely new to it, so it is probably a bit boring to watch at the moment. I don't really have a plan for it right now, just getting used to it. If anyone is interested in that or maybe want to drop by with some advice or something this is my channel:
Source: https://www.twitch.tv/salamanderspz

It is currently quite random when I stream, but you are welcome to say hi if you notice me on there.
The Entrance on the first Picture is nice. Really like it even though it's such a simple Design.
Don't know if there's such a Option on Twitch but if you stream on YouTube there's a Option to save your Stream so People can still watch it after it already ended

The Entrance on the first Picture is nice. Really like it even though it's such a simple Design.
Don't know if there's such a Option on Twitch but if you stream on YouTube there's a Option to save your Stream so People can still watch it after it already ended
I think it is possible on twitch too, but so far I haven't really felt the streams has been worth saving, since I am mostly just trying to get into it right now

Sorry to interrupt our newly started African tour, but I need some help making a decision.

So while working on the Jaguar enclosure (you can see an awkward bit of it in the top left corner), I ended up with a good spot for a restaurant. While planning out that restaurant I almost by accident ended up with this nice enclosure.

TDL Empty.jpg

The thing is I just don't know what to put in there.
As you might be able to tell, it is placed just behind the prairie dog enclosure. A North American animal would be the logic choice for this, I am just out of options for desert(ish) species. If only we had peccaries.

I currently see 3 solutions for it:
  • Leave it empty until a match hopefully shows up in a future DLC.
  • Pronghorns - They are already visible in the bison enclosure and will also be featured in 'the Path of the Past' area, so it is not a very interesting option.
  • Red Kangaroos - I will probably make an Australian area at some point, so this could be their temporary home until that happens.

So what do you think? I am open for ideas.

Sorry to interrupt our newly started African tour, but I need some help making a decision.

So while working on the Jaguar enclosure (you can see an awkward bit of it in the top left corner), I ended up with a good spot for a restaurant. While planning out that restaurant I almost by accident ended up with this nice enclosure.

View attachment 268781
The thing is I just don't know what to put in there.
As you might be able to tell, it is placed just behind the prairie dog enclosure. A North American animal would be the logic choice for this, I am just out of options for desert(ish) species. If only we had peccaries.

I currently see 3 solutions for it:
  • Leave it empty until a match hopefully shows up in a future DLC.
  • Pronghorns - They are already visible in the bison enclosure and will also be featured in 'the Path of the Past' area, so it is not a very interesting option.
  • Red Kangaroos - I will probably make an Australian area at some point, so this could be their temporary home until that happens.

So what do you think? I am open for ideas.
If we would have Desert Bighorn Sheep, it would be perfect for them🙁

Top Bottom