The Odyssey Materials Exchange thread

I am in need of 4 Financial Projections if anyone has them to spare. I can trade if you like. Let me know what you need and I'll see if i have it. Thanks in advance.
I know an accountant with some to spare after letting SpaceVoyager have 7 sometime tomorrow, hopefully.

Steve 07.

Thanks Ubermick! Appreciate the FPs. Hope You can use the bits I dropped. My best to Zaz too. o7 to both of you.

And to anyone else who reads this, it appears I was bugged when I disembarked and could not comms or select/drop. Had to reboard to unbug then all was good. BUT note if you drop something in open at least it will disappear in like 30 seconds so get it quick. Make sure all is good and youre not bugged or they might get lost. While Ubermick was waiting on me to drop mine he dropped his. I did not feel right picking them up if I could not make the exchange because of the afore mentioned bug. In the interim of me trying to unbug they dissappeard and he called another friend to get them for me. So big thanks to Ubermick and his friend who came through for us. He did mention he seemed a bit buggy too.

Thanks Ubermick! Appreciate the FPs. Hope You can use the bits I dropped. My best to Zaz too. o7 to both of you.

And to anyone else who reads this, it appears I was bugged when I disembarked and could not comms or select/drop. Had to reboard to unbug then all was good. BUT note if you drop something in open at least it will disappear in like 30 seconds so get it quick. Make sure all is good and youre not bugged or they might get lost. While Ubermick was waiting on me to drop mine he dropped his. I did not feel right picking them up if I could not make the exchange because of the afore mentioned bug. In the interim of me trying to unbug they dissappeard and he called another friend to get them for me. So big thanks to Ubermick and his friend who came through for us. He did mention he seemed a bit buggy too.
No bother at all - and am still cheesed off that I had to call in backup. I can't say I'd noticed items thrown on the ground despawning after a bit, but I suppose it makes sense, since if they persisted in open, popular mats sites would be like a rubbish tip. (Shouldn't have felt bad about picking them up tho, just grab 'em!!!) And always happy to meet a fellow Mobius pilot.

Back to the hunt today, I foolishly upgraded extended range to my oppressor instead of my intimidator. DERP!!!

I now have a few engineering UNLOCK materials available free of charge. PM me with your needs and I will see what I can do.

Last edited:
If anyone needs graphene, I have 165 I don't need. Drop me a message if anyone can make use of this heap!
Graphene is always good to have. I used to have 500+ microelecrodes, now down to 223 (can't resist picking them up)
I also have 104 compression liquified gas and 111 building schematics (just in case!). Are you short of anything? If so, we could trade.

Steve 07

I know an accountant with some to spare after letting SpaceVoyager have 7 sometime tomorrow, hopefully.

Steve 07.

I know there is a heated debate about what this game does or does not have, but I do know what the game definitely DOES have - a really cool community. Thank you for the FPs, SteveWW57, I'm glad I didn't need them all so you can help others, too.

I know there is a heated debate about what this game does or does not have, but I do know what the game definitely DOES have - a really cool community. Thank you for the FPs, SteveWW57, I'm glad I didn't need them all so you can help others, too.
Thank you for the Suit Schems.

The game does have a good community, and I have and will continue to do so, to encourage the solo players (me until recently) to try and find someone to join up with every now and again to play as a team. It is different and still enjoyable.

Team play allows the faster gathering and sharing of stuff. The mission rewards go to all the participants in the shared mission. Even when playing solo, you can help your team mate by looking for and gathering stuff they need, and exchange when next meeting.

Restore/Exterminate/Looting missions go a lot faster with two. And they are 'safer', in that when one is concentrating on opening doors and lockers, the other is watching for scavs etc.

One thing that might not be apparent, but I am sure that a lot of CMDRs know this, is that each member of a team can select a mission (say a simple transport one) share/accept and each then head off in their different directions to complete the mission. So long as the missions are successful and shared/accepted, the rewards for each mission can be claimed by all.

Steve 07.

Are people using exchange rates yet? I'd like to offer some stuff for Engineer unlocks in exchange for uncommon Tech (carbon/titanium/tungsten/weapon components), but I don't want to drive a hard bargain.

Are people using exchange rates yet? I'd like to offer some stuff for Engineer unlocks in exchange for uncommon Tech (carbon/titanium/tungsten/weapon components), but I don't want to drive a hard bargain.
Not really. Many like myself will simply donate stuff, undercutting any potential exchange rate. It is not often that many of us need stuff immediately, as we can always return to the thread to see if anyone else has stuff to spare. Do a good deed for someone today, and tomorrow, someone will do a good deed to you. If a CMDR insists, I suspect the exchange rate will be 1:1

Steve 07.

Not really. Many like myself will simply donate stuff, undercutting any potential exchange rate. It is not often that many of us need stuff immediately, as we can always return to the thread to see if anyone else has stuff to spare. Do a good deed for someone today, and tomorrow, someone will do a good deed to you. If a CMDR insists, I suspect the exchange rate will be 1:1

Steve 07.
I appreciate the sentiment, but I also like the idea of player-driven economies. There are also still some question marks about the distribution of data and materials across faction and economy types, possibly involving settlement security as well. Trading and sharing information would possibly allow us to identify which combinations see a higher density of a particular material or piece of data.

For instance, in my neck of the woods, missions and settlements offer a good mix of Data, Chemicals and Circuits, but a lot less Tech. Even if I visit the most likely settlements and building types to find Weapon Components, I'll be lucky if I find one. If there happen to be people with a chronic surplus of Tech, it would be interesting to know how that came about.

Even if I visit the most likely settlements and building types to find Weapon Components, I'll be lucky if I find one. If there happen to be people with a chronic surplus of Tech, it would be interesting to know how that came about.
Ahhhh, I know how to obtain weapon components, and it is not from searching the obvious places, such military bases. Trading is your friend. I find that the big tourist sites can be farmed for tradable material, such as chips and optical lenses. I have spent a lot of time looting the tourist sites that comprise the PWR at one end of the landing pads and the bar and HAB wings at the opposite side of the pads. Each of the HAB wings has 3 floors, with 2/4/4 rooms working top to bottom for a total of 10 in each wing and 20 in total. The average is several chips per room. At 2 chips per room, 2 x 20 = 40 chips = 80 barter points = 4 weapon components plus change. In addition, you can also pick up a lot of stuff for cash.

Steve 07.

Top Bottom