COMPLETED CG Support the Colonia Bridge Project in Alcor (Trade)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Cribbed a lot of this from the wiki, but it looks like upkeep for services are a flat cost, but it would be good to get that confirmed (given there's never been a discount before). Fleet carrier decommission happens on the first Thursday at 7am UTC after triggering it (same time as upkeep is paid). 125m cost associated, otherwise you get back the full cost of carrier and services. Any stored ships/modules are transferred automatically to the nearest star port for free (or as part of the 125m cost, depending how you look at it).

So, if the top tier was met, you could trigger a decomm for the following Thursday - get back 5 billion plus all services, less 125m. Then buy back the carrier with the discount and services, at a 1.5billion (plus discount on services) profit.

Edit: and there's absolutely no chance of there being some horrific bug that zaps all your ships/modules/credits or some random combination of the 3 if you try this. ;)

It's 150M fee for voluntary decommissioning, and if anyone is going to try this, you have to initiate the decommission before 18:00 UTC Monday (I think...?) otherwise your decom will take effect the Thursday after, and you'll pretty much miss the discount window.

Also I'll say it here, as I said it in the Colonia CG thread: please FDev, extend the optional service outfitting discounts to other carrier admin systems. It'll be a nightmare trying to get a parking spot as hundreds of carriers (and potentially hundreds of new carriers) descend on this one system for the week. It'll be like Rackham's all over again.

2 things i realised: 1, a 30% discount means a 3.5 billion buy price, not bad. 2, if the Tritium supply from the megaships are high, Colonia might not be dry for long, depending on what happens there end.

So, for the outfitting discount, you can sell all your services on the FC and then buy them back at a discount? That would be great!

That is IF you're lucky to get your carrier in system within the week the discount will last.

Alcor is already jam-packed with carriers, and I doubt any of them will move out before the discount week is over.

The Sky of Diamonds will be buying Computer Components in Akuntsu (orbiting A1 next to the Orbis station selling them) for 2k profit per tonne and will then be jumping to Alcor to sell them to anyone willing to offload for a sell price lower than the CG station. I can't help in person due to being at Beagle Point, but I'd like to help this CG succeed.

This CG is SO close to perfection, great work CG team!

1. Thermal Cooling Units at near 30k/ton make this a worthy trade route. If you just want to move tonnage, then there's Computer Components for less profit, but the profit isn't too low that you'd like you're getting nothing for your time spent.
2. It will have a permanent global reward through the megaships, and the tiers matter. I actually prefer this over a module or other personal/temporary reward that you'd just do enough for tier 1/top 75% and move on.
3. Doesn't matter if you live in Colonia or in the Bubble, this week there's something for everyone!
4. The top10 reward is pretty unique. I expect there may be some fierce competition.

My only complaint would be regarding the price of Ceramic Composites - at 3,320 cr/ton it doesn't seem like it received a special CG price (best locations for it are about 10.5k) and since it comes from surface ports only it is the one that takes the longest to move.

Last edited:
Okay how do I do 2.5 billi currently in the game. d2ea video for low temperature Diamonds is out. with yesterday's event I have 1.3 Billi current.

Big thanks to the two CMDRs who have selflessly decommissioned their FC and left a handy mark in the Nav panel so I can find the target station more easily just a page below - HEROES!

1633630746788.png

Okay how do I do 2.5 billi currently in the game. d2ea video for low temperature Diamonds is out. with yesterday's event I have 1.3 Billi current.
Massacre Mission stacking (go to a system with only one anarchy faction in 10Ly, get to allied with all the factions there and take massacre missions to kill pirates from each faction) can earn a few hundred million per hour.

My only complaint would be regarding the price of Ceramic Composites - at 3,320 cr/ton it doesn't seem like it received a special CG price (best locations for it are about 10.5k) and since it comes from surface ports only, it is the one that takes the longest to move.

This CG is running a ~x9 galactic price average multiplier...
None are set at a Stations default status effect multiplier...
The easy to get item is allways the lowest price...
Ceramic Composites pay crap as they were crap average prices to start with...
If they were using a stations multiplier, when those BGS states end the price would end in the CG as well so price would tank in CG, CG pay tanking on day 1 would realy upset those who only play Monday to Thursday...

Last edited:
  1. Didn't Zac just say that there was no plan to lower the FC cost and that it is where they want it to be in Supercruise news like 2 days ago???
  2. It's probably going to be impossible to take advantage of the discount for any current FC owners, unless they are ready to take the bet that they can decom the carrier and rebuy it next week without any bugs, which is a risky bet... Even just trying to add some outfitting is gonna be impossible due to not being able to get into the system with the FC.
  3. As others have said, you can already fuel a carrier to go to Colonia and back without refueling, and these megaships won't shorten the trip in any ways so what is the utility? Unless with new megaship interiors they also plan to add apex taxis which might make it possible to book a trip to Colonia, you'd still need to rebook the apex every 2000ly due to the long range limit, but it would make it possible to go to Colonia without a ship, could be interesting even if likely as long at least you can be afk/sleep most of the trip time.
  4. Anyone else who had previously decided that their Free Epic game alt account would not buy a carrier and would just use the main account's carrier, now thinking about buying a carrier if it's just 3.5b ? Cuz I sure am...

As others have said, you can already fuel a carrier to go to Colonia and back without refueling, and these megaships won't shorten the trip in any ways so what is the utility? Unless with new megaship interiors they also plan to add apex taxis which might make it possible to book a trip to Colonia, you'd still need to rebook the apex every 2000ly due to the long range limit, but it would make it possible to go to Colonia without a ship, could be interesting even if likely as long at least you can be afk/sleep most of the trip time.
There are carriers that were bought in Colonia that are clogging up the space as far as I'm aware. The general consensus is these people struggle to leave due to low Tritium supply, even with FCs from the bubble coming to sell Tritium to them. If the megaships have the supply and are close enough, it could finally unclog Colonia. The question then becomes, are you willing to help commanders in Colonia, or do you only care about yourself?

Managed to jump my FC into Alcor just now, despite there being no slots didn't 30 minutes ago. Maybe some CMDRs are jumping out to load up on commodities.

The selling FC and buying back at 3.5 billion thing seems risky! Mine is loaded with ships, modules and trit (guessing I would lose that if I didn't sell it or offload it myself) so not going to bother with that, but intrigued to see if the service discounts come with an upkeep discount too.

Single jump full Cutter trading thermal coolers was netting a nice 23 million profit per loop but supplies going fast now. Computer components only making about 4 million profit per loop.

Its going to take a longer till Computers at 6 mill per cutter are going to replace 18 mill worth of Thermal Cooling Units as it will still be over 3 times the jumps in computers to be worth 1 run of Thermal Cooling Units
Top price may be gone at close locations but supplies at 18-20mill are still going to be there till end of friday as normal as cutters and T9s can jump more than people think with the Size 4 GFSD boosters fitted...

There are carriers that were bought in Colonia that are clogging up the space as far as I'm aware. The general consensus is these people struggle to leave due to low Tritium supply, even with FCs from the bubble coming to sell Tritium to them. If the megaships have the supply and are close enough, it could finally unclog Colonia. The question then becomes, are you willing to help commanders in Colonia, or do you only care about yourself?
There are carriers clogging up the space everywhere to be honest.... It seems building a Bridge and a CG is a lot of work to try to fix a problem when Fdev could just increase the supply of tritium in the Colonia stations... and as another user said if the megaship have the same markets values they will also have no supply of tritium left after a couple weeks just like Colonia so it might not even fix the problem.. :(
Also if anyone's carrier is "stuck" in Colonia, now would probably be a very good time to decommission it, fly back to the bubble and rebuy it next week for only 3.5b...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom