What other games are we all playing?

I took a shot from ground level to see how big my light Assassin mech would seem to a person. Pretty big!
uT4BeJj.png

I have become Death, the destroyer of men.

Nice. Is this from MechWarrior-5 or from MechWarrior Online? Just curious since I've been threatening myself with reloading MWO and giving it another go. I'd prefer seeing if I'm still into MW before I spend money on MW-5.

Off and on 'Door Kickers 2'. Always ETS2, occasionally SE, more occasionally EGS, & a lot of arma2 of course. There are others of much less importance. ;)

Door Kickers 2 is a fine game of tactical play, only spoilt slightly by the ai. But not enough to spoil the game completely.
I like it.

Nice. Is this from MechWarrior-5 or from MechWarrior Online? Just curious since I've been threatening myself with reloading MWO and giving it another go. I'd prefer seeing if I'm still into MW before I spend money on MW-5.
That shot was from Mechwarrior 5 with both DLCs installed. I found the base MW5 game to be bland, but the two subsequent DLCs have added some much-needed improvements. There is still room for more improvement, mind you, but the game feels much better now.

Is Mechwarrier 5 a proper SP game? Or is it aimed at co-op MP with a bit of a SP campaign tacked on?
I would say it is a proper SP game. You have the core story-based campaign with the base game. The first DLC, Heroes of the Inner Sphere, brings the ability to have a sandbox campaign where you manage your own merc unit. The most recent second DLC, Legends of the Kestrel Lancers, brings a new 14-mission mini-campaign. You can play it all as co-op but the game plays just fine as an SP game. In fact, I've read plenty of comments from frustrated MWO players who switched to MW5 to avoid playing with others. :D Mind you, your AI lance mates can be as dumb as a sack of rocks at times, but they get the job done. At least now they are smart enough to use their jump jets!

Last edited:
I would say it is a proper SP game. You have the core story-based campaign with the base game. The first DLC, Heroes of the Inner Sphere, brings the ability to have a sandbox campaign where you manage your own merc unit. Finally, the most recent DLC, Legends of the Kestrel Lancers, brings a new 14-mission mini-campaign. You can play it all as co-op but the game plays just fine as an SP game. In fact, I've read plenty of comments from frustrated MWO players who switched to MW5 to avoid playing with others. :D
Thanks. Been looking at it for a while but wasn't to sure how it fell on the SP/MP line. Will add to the wish list

Thanks. Been looking at it for a while but wasn't to sure how it fell on the SP/MP line. Will add to the wish list

Definitely on the SP side of the line. Piranha Games doesn't want to suck the life out of their MP-based Mechwarrior Online, so they are keeping MW5 SP-centric with a co-op option.

I have to say Legend of the Kestrel Lancers is really packed with content for the $19 bucks. I like it just because I can finally punch another mech in the face! 🤖

Just gave eFootball22 a punt, in between EDO sessions. They switched to UE4 and todays release (f2p) is kind of a demo version with major modes coming later. Gameplay is great, slow & tactical, and it runs smoothly at 60FPS 4k high settings. If you think EDO was received poorly on Steam, hold on to your hats. It got a solid 9% rating, making it arguably the worst game ever on Steam.

lol @ gaming culture. :D
You mean footie game 'released' incomplete? I can see that being unpopular. They probably do the slow cook with the microtransactions too.

Today I have installed Battlefield 1 from my backlog, I hope the single player campaign will be worth for a playthrough.

Oh and finished my XCOM2 ironman campaign on commander difficulty. By accident I forgot to take medikit for the final assault, but fortunately I could manage the last room quite easily. :)
I hope XCOM 3 will be a thing before I get the urge to try it on legendary!

Attempting, again, ME: Andromeda.

I may of discovered a game in there. Still hate the Voice acting and the less said about the character graphics/animations the better, but I may of found a way to enjoy the gameplay at least.

Playing through Nioh, as another Epic freebie. It's... OK? I'm generally a fan of the DarkSoulsLike space but most of the differences Nioh has don't feel like favorable ones. Too much time dealing with loot management, too little variety in enemies, maps are a bit meh, and it's padded out waaaay too long. But, like pizza, even when it's not great it's still pretty good.

Also doing one last great KSP career now that it's finally reached the Final Update.

At some point, I'll break the VR headset back out and try out Squadrons, since that showed up as a Prime Gaming freebie...

Today I have installed Battlefield 1 from my backlog, I hope the single player campaign will be worth for a playthrough.

Oh and finished my XCOM2 ironman campaign on commander difficulty. By accident I forgot to take medikit for the final assault, but fortunately I could manage the last room quite easily. :)
I hope XCOM 3 will be a thing before I get the urge to try it on legendary!
BF1 isn't worth it for SP, but I enjoyed the MP for a while. My fav was the chained battle campaign in the alps. God I loved that map. Then into northern Italy. I kinda sucked at it - and cheaters were a thing. Battles could be quite epic.
The SP - meh. Maybe good for one playthrough.

Attempting, again, ME: Andromeda.

I may of discovered a game in there. Still hate the Voice acting and the less said about the character graphics/animations the better, but I may of found a way to enjoy the gameplay at least.
It is fairly common reception. Gameplay is liked - other parts not as much.

BF1 isn't worth it for SP, but I enjoyed the MP for a while. My fav was the chained battle campaign in the alps. God I loved that map. Then into northern Italy. I kinda sucked at it - and cheaters were a thing. Battles could be quite epic.
The SP - meh. Maybe good for one playthrough.

Yeah I paid €6 for, but probably it was too much as it's not a good game. Way too "cinematic" but by today's standards the graphics are meh.

Top Bottom