Elite Dangerous: Tourist Beacon Competition Winners Announced!

StefanOS

Volunteer Moderator
Hello congratulations to the winners, but wasnt it supposted to 50 beacons, I see only 48 names and two black entries in the table.

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Hello congratulations to the winners, but wasnt it supposted to 50 beacons, I see only 48 names and two black entries in the table.
Heya!
I haveeeeee just been informed that there are indeed two winners that need adding to the table (this is...an exciting time), which I'll put in right now!
Unfortunately we couldn't include their images in the video because they weren't quite at the right resolution but worthy winners none the less. One secondddd...

Yay!

Elite Dangerous: Tourist Beacon Competition Winners Announced! Update 1.4 incoming​

Heya!
I haveeeeee just been informed that there are indeed two winners that need adding to the table (this is...an exciting time), which I'll put in right now!
Unfortunately we couldn't include their images in the video because they weren't quite at the right resolution but worthy winners none the less. One secondddd...

Great submissions everyone! And cheers to the CMs for a fun contest and for combing through them all.

I think some people must have got back into their long range exploration ships to get screenshots of their favourite systems in time.
Sure did. When the call came out I knew exactly what system I wanted to submit, and when I looked at it in the orrery view I saw that I had about two days to get out there to get the shot I wanted! Fortunately mine is only 8 kylies out, some folks flew a lot farther.

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
@sallymorganmoore If I could ask, are the beacon names going to be chosen by the devs? Or are they going to have the name given in the submission? (if the winner had given one). Thanks!

Hello! It'll be the same as previous times where the beacon is the site name from dev and the Commander's name will then be in the description, liiiiiiiiiike (just looking through some of the previous ones as an example):

Site name: Stars in A Line
Description: "The renowned explorer, Commander Ozric, suggests that within this system you get the most amazing view of virtually all the companion stars stretching out above you."

Like that :)

Hello! It'll be the same as previous times where the beacon is the site name from dev and the Commander's name will then be in the description, liiiiiiiiiike (just looking through some of the previous ones as an example):

Site name: Stars in A Line
Description: "The renowned explorer, Commander Ozric, suggests that within this system you get the most amazing view of virtually all the companion stars stretching out above you."

Like that :)

Just trying to clarify. Does FD do the short description or can we submit our own?

I'm not upset at all, just trying to clarify. Does FD do the short description or can we submit our own?
Sounds like FDev will write the description (good job too, I wouldn't care to have to translate my write-up into all five(?) languages ED supports) and, at their discretion, draw from what you wrote in your submission for the name or other text.

If you really want to get your own description out there, it might be worth submitting a POI to the Galactic Mapping Project (i.e. the EDSM folks). They don't normally accept stuff like ringed ELWs anymore (too many candidates) but having a visitor's beacon might put it over the line for being sufficiently notable.

Approximate map of the new beacons (some of the systems are not in EDSM!)

i12uiPH.png

Top Bottom