I did read about Astrophel and Stella which was written by Phillip Sidney. And his life contains all about the lovers woe and parents grief.

"No one since 1935 has seriously doubted that Sidney intended the first readers of Astropil and Stella, whoever they may have been, to link "Stella" with Lady Rich. The exact nature of Sidney's relationship with the famous beauty is another and much more ticklish matter ..."[11]

I made extensive search in their names and children but nothing come up as intresting. But I can have made an error somewhere down the way.
We know penelope is a system name. Is her other names like Devereux.
This might be the most obvious lead.

If there is more than one star with each so called person in the story maybe the form a shape or something to give clues. Do we know all of the systems related to the real life author. This seems like something much simpler and realistic for the game devs to implement. We maybe missing the obvious by overcomplicating it. This may be a simpler path. At least to start with.

Phillip Sidney. Aren't these both system names and or NPC's?

I need to go play and test my activation hypothesis and here's the first version. However, I can safely say out of billions of systems in Elite Dangerous there is literally only one place in the galaxy where it can be - Sol. It is the beginning and and end of everything. Stroud's whole concept is point of origin is also the point of departure for the future. The theme is repeated ad nauseum in the story. It is also why he wrote the book that truly connects the Elite Dangerous origin story to the present day timelines. What happened in Lave birthed the CMDRs and the Pilot's Federation and the Club's mean of control galaxy. We may have been the the beginning of their ascent to power but tables can be turned as we are their Achilles' heal (which is rather fitting given what we get our missions from). Now, I must warn you the work I cited was inspirational to the game but there is literally no other system in the galaxy that makes sense for Raxxla. The theory just lays out why it all connects and the most likely connections. I am also uploading the v5 of the Unified Raxxla Theory as it explains extensively how I arrived it can be no other place than Sol

Here's where to download Allen Stroud's doctoral dissertation:

Proof of the connection that Holdstock was the ultimate inspiration:

Chaos Reborn Loremaster's Guide and even more details about the connections to Elite Dangerous:

New Unified Talmor Theory of Raxxla (v5.5): The Holdstock-centric revision (too big for forum upload):

The v5 of the theory (can you believe this has only been since April 1st) is attached to the post. It is the ground work that established Sol as key when my multiple attempts to look externally fell flat. I decided to take FDev at their word that it was a little bit obvious. This was the results (though was also trying to challeng community assumptions and see if everything could fit better than we had achieved (which was minimal progress on the Raxxla front).

Where can the Allen Stroud's doctoral dissertations be found?

Attachments

• Unified_Theory_of_Raxxla_v5_The_Sol-centric_Revision.pdf
    585.1 KB · Views: 122
I look forward with anticipation to seeing your pictures and videos of Raxxla!
🧐
First we have to see how activate it. There are three highly suspect installations in Sol. Otherwise, I would expect we may have to complete missions through Mother Gaia to get somewhere. The bigger question is whether or not they modified the game mechanics with each major update as new stuff was added. I would though start thinking of space-based trigger events.

First we have to see how activate it. There are three highly suspect installations in Sol. Otherwise, I would expect we may have to complete missions through Mother Gaia to get somewhere. The bigger question is whether or not they modified the game mechanics with each major update as new stuff was added. I would though start thinking of space-based trigger events.
I'm interested to know, what the 'highly suspect installations' are in Sol? Old lurker re-lurking so might have missed some important information...

I'm interested to know, what the 'highly suspect installations' are in Sol? Old lurker re-lurking so might have missed some important information...
Primary Transportation Authority near Persephone -- I think this might be the "on" switch once we fix the building mistake in Sol with the Talmor Lens

Chamberlain Foundation -- seem to be related to guy who ran NASA's Lunar Science Institute (see https://history.aip.org/phn/11503003.html) - maybe this is the access to the Moon. If you look at the lore, there is a consistent emphasis on mother goddesses. These are often symbolized by the Moon.

Delphi Control Chapter -- perhaps AEGIS has more reason to be Sol that we've been told. Look up "Delphi" on INARA. There is network of these damn things and I don't think that is a coincidence, either.

Conjoint Mathemathics Services .. possibly the beginning of the trail.

The other big question is have the game mechanics for triggering it evolved as the game evolved. That is not something I can say I know but I am going to start plugging away at possible triggers to see if we can open new doors. The Moon is important. I think it is being held off as a reward for figuring this whole thing out. Also, I'd love to know how and why Triton fits into all this.

Primary Transportation Authority near Persephone -- I think this might be the "on" switch once we fix the building mistake in Sol with the Talmor Lens

Chamberlain Foundation -- seem to be related to guy who ran NASA's Lunar Science Institute (see https://history.aip.org/phn/11503003.html) - maybe this is the access to the Moon. If you look at the lore, there is a consistent emphasis on mother goddesses. These are often symbolized by the Moon.

Delphi Control Chapter -- perhaps AEGIS has more reason to be Sol that we've been told. Look up "Delphi" on INARA. There is network of these damn things and I don't think that is a coincidence, either.

Awesome, thanks for that. Currently taking a step back at what has and hasn't been done and attempting to focus all this into what is a 'tiny bit obvious'. I'll be sure to report back here soon. For what it's worth!
The other big question is have the game mechanics for triggering it evolved as the game evolved. That is not something I can say I know but I am going to start plugging away at possible triggers to see if we can open new doors. The Moon is important. I think it is being held off as a reward for figuring this whole thing out. Also, I'd love to know how and why Triton fits into all this.
These certainly are interesting questions. However, I didn't know the moon was permit locked - though I knew Triton was. I'll check next time I am in-game, I happen to be in Sol ATM anyway.

Without a doubt, I sincerely hope that that at some point someone figures out access to Triton, Polaris or any of the other perma-locked systems... They will definitely become legends in Elite!

In the novel Andromeda's Nebula there was a starship staging base on Tiriton.
Unfortunately, I have not read Triton by Samuel Ray Delany.

And Clark, in his 2001 Odyssey, the first monolith was on Earth, the second on the Moon, and the third was near Japet.
Although as far as I remember the monolith was a gateway.

I need to go play and test my activation hypothesis and here's the first version. However, I can safely say out of billions of systems in Elite Dangerous there is literally only one place in the galaxy where it can be - Sol. It is the beginning and and end of everything. Stroud's whole concept is point of origin is also the point of departure for the future. The theme is repeated ad nauseum in the story. It is also why he wrote the book that truly connects the Elite Dangerous origin story to the present day timelines. What happened in Lave birthed the CMDRs and the Pilot's Federation and the Club's mean of control galaxy. We may have been the the beginning of their ascent to power but tables can be turned as we are their Achilles' heal (which is rather fitting given what we get our missions from). Now, I must warn you the work I cited was inspirational to the game but there is literally no other system in the galaxy that makes sense for Raxxla. The theory just lays out why it all connects and the most likely connections. I am also uploading the v5 of the Unified Raxxla Theory as it explains extensively how I arrived it can be no other place than Sol

Chaos Reborn Loremaster's Guide and even more details about the connections to Elite Dangerous:

New Unified Talmor Theory of Raxxla (v5.5): The Holdstock-centric revision (too big for forum upload):

The v5 of the theory (can you believe this has only been since April 1st) is attached to the post. It is the ground work that established Sol as key when my multiple attempts to look externally fell flat. I decided to take FDev at their word that it was a little bit obvious. This was the results (though was also trying to challeng community assumptions and see if everything could fit better than we had achieved (which was minimal progress on the Raxxla front).
Some good theories in there, some/most have been discussed in this thread I believe... good luck with your search! (Jorki is the resident expert on Sol!)

I am intrigued how you got to Achilles for “..and the yearning of our vagabond hearts”, whilst you found a reference to him being called a vagabond, if I remember correctly Achilles' "anger" is connected to being called a vagabond and so he didn't consider himself one?

And how is Achilles related to the "yearning" or "our vagabond hearts"?

When I looked at the mythology angle ( I think you can just as easily make a case for this element of the toast of the Dark Wheel referring to Homer's Odyssey as Odysseus is described in some translations as a “vagabond” or “beggar” when Athene transforms him in order to ensure he is not killed on his way home (BkXIII:416-440 Athene disguises Odysseus).

You can review my thoughts on it being Homer's Odyssey from posts from here (I broke down the toast in a similar way)

And the final thing that doesn't make sense in this part of the toast when referring to Greek Mythology is that the quote is "the yearning of our vagabond hearts" as heart is plural and doesn't belong to someone specifically as that would be "the yearning of our vagabond's heart"..... and the only explanation for the actual quote I can think of is yearning of something with multiple hearts... which I would suggest is either Thargoid related or the player base.... if Thargoids have no home or can't get home then perhaps it's them... however the "our" part sort of indicates the players...?

We know penelope is a system name. Is her other names like Devereux.
This might be the most obvious lead.

If there is more than one star with each so called person in the story maybe the form a shape or something to give clues. Do we know all of the systems related to the real life author. This seems like something much simpler and realistic for the game devs to implement. We maybe missing the obvious by overcomplicating it. This may be a simpler path. At least to start with.

Phillip Sidney. Aren't these both system names and or NPC's?
I have checked the names again...
No Phillip
No Phillip Sydney
No Penelope
No Isabella

Some good theories in there, some/most have been discussed in this thread I believe... good luck with your search! (Jorki is the resident expert on Sol!)

I am intrigued how you got to Achilles for “..and the yearning of our vagabond hearts”, whilst you found a reference to him being called a vagabond, if I remember correctly Achilles' "anger" is connected to being called a vagabond and so he didn't consider himself one?

And how is Achilles related to the "yearning" or "our vagabond hearts"?

When I looked at the mythology angle ( I think you can just as easily make a case for this element of the toast of the Dark Wheel referring to Homer's Odyssey as Odysseus is described in some translations as a “vagabond” or “beggar” when Athene transforms him in order to ensure he is not killed on his way home (BkXIII:416-440 Athene disguises Odysseus).

You can review my thoughts on it being Homer's Odyssey from posts from here (I broke down the toast in a similar way)

And the final thing that doesn't make sense in this part of the toast when referring to Greek Mythology is that the quote is "the yearning of our vagabond hearts" as heart is plural and doesn't belong to someone specifically as that would be "the yearning of our vagabond's heart"..... and the only explanation for the actual quote I can think of is yearning of something with multiple hearts... which I would suggest is either Thargoid related or the player base.... if Thargoids have no home or can't get home then perhaps it's them... however the "our" part sort of indicates the players...?
Colonel Klink... I know nothink, nothhink!

But the multiple vagabond hearts in the toast are logically those of the TDW themselves, who are a “group of adventurers, explorers, investigators and treasure-hunters” and therefore could rightly be called vagabonds.

@Rochester
I’m still pondering if the titles of the old E/F missions were a clue.
I understand “Song of the Spheres” as Pythagorean ‘musica universalis’, but what could such a ‘silent song’ be?

Unless it only referred to the supposed spherical data crystals that were the target of that mission.

Data crystals - possibly or a clue to a location.

My recent research was to investigate what ‘Song of the Spheres’ might mean, other than the Pythagorean ‘musica universalis’, and the only assumption I could propose was it was describing a physical location.

I then looked into any correlation with Michael Brooks, the clearest was in regards to John Milton, author of Paradise Lost; one of Brookes favourite stories.

It began to become more relevant when I recalled Milton was blind (eyes to see), and was a musician also who endeavoured to promote said harmonies, referencing them in many of his works but mainly that of Paradise Lost.

Within Paradise Lost said ‘silent’ spheres were used to describe the physical boundaries of our universe; with the outermost spheres past Urania, namely the hardened outer crystalline sphere… it took on for me a more physical attribute, as the ‘outer rim’.

What is this, and how does it relate I know not at present, but it is odd how the outer rim of Miltons pendant universe; which Satan walked upon freely, held many an interesting assortment of locations and was described as a physical location with at least 2 ‘portals; 1 to the heavens via stairs and gate, and Satan’s viaduct…to hell.

In regards to the missions, was this simply poetic license? Can’t tell. Not without more insight or evidence. But it feels odd, especially as how Milton liked to throw in obscure geographic locations, eg the mountain range where Satan set foot on Earth, and the many references in game to ‘hills and mountain ranges’.

Still can’t directly correlate but only assume, that the Princess and Spiralling Stars…is another link to Milton and is a play on words; Milton can be linked to Philip Sidney, the Arcadia not just Astrophil… my bet is that Princess Astrophil (Phel) is either Mary Sidney; Mary Worth or Princess Elizabeth I (who quoted Arcadia whilst imprisoned).

All of which point for me at present to Urania and the constellation Virgo (see previous ramblings).

But I’m beginning to suspect we only have part of the puzzle and either FD are holding out on us eg it’s tied to a narrative drop, or the other pieces are located at the real Dark Wheel station.

Last edited:

Has anyone seen this. This guy found a book called the dark wheel with a 6 pointed symbol.

Its a toast, being delivered to a room full of people, and when toasting, the speaker is speaking for all present. Hence more than one Heart (i.e. the yearning of all those present)

These certainly are interesting questions. However, I didn't know the moon was permit locked - though I knew Triton was. I'll check next time I am in-game, I happen to be in Sol ATM anyway.
The Moon isnt locked - just un-landable, despite not really having an atmosphere.

You use the Toast as a map, but the toast is from The Dark Wheel, and we know from the novels that TDW never found Raxxla. So how can they give us a map if they don't know where it is?

Top Bottom