Peregrina Aristocrats

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Well, they can always add Megaships in a bgs locked status if they really want to solve issues with permit-giving-factions being ganked and locked within their own native system

I guess it will take a number of support tickets, but they will eventually need to sort it out. One way or another.

what issue? there is absolutely nothing working incorrectly here. factions can be impacted by players.. permits have rules on who can provide them. all rules are being followed. The game is working as intended.
I'd love it if it was Ben living in that system :D I still remember the RP Powerplay 'mission' to expand there.

what issue? there is absolutely nothing working incorrectly here. factions can be impacted by players.. permits have rules on who can provide them. all rules are being followed. The game is working as intended.

Allowing a smaller group of players to deny content for the bigger mass of players is not a viable policy for a game that is supposed to have a long healthy life instead of a shorter suicidal one.

If enough players will bomb them with support tickets, they will certainly add a megaship controlled by Peregrina Aristocrats in the nearby system.
Even by the means of a CG so the players cannot accuse them of God modding

If enough players will bomb them with support tickets, they will certainly add a megaship controlled by Peregrina Aristocrats in the nearby system.
But it is god modding. No reason the PA permit couldn't be made available if people worked on it. And if they don't then 🤷‍♀️

(Fair enough for fdev to intervene if something just isn't possible, but when its just difficult. Meh. people so impatient. I guess it stops people nagging support for permits)

it's not Got Modding if the masses decide by the means of a CG that PA deserves a permanent megaship in a nearby system
It's just the regular God manipulation :D
Oh yeah, no issues with a CG etc. Just the idea that fdev support have to waste time giving permits to this backwater because people have a ticklist and no patience. Anyway - where are the Colonia Highway megaships - we finished that CG DAYS go ;)

Anyway, I'm doing my part - more tea for the aristocrats 🧐

1633965706884.png

Well, they can always add Megaships in a bgs locked status if they really want to solve issues with permit-giving-factions being ganked and locked within their own native system

I guess it will take a number of support tickets, but they will eventually need to sort it out. One way or another.
They certainly could. I'd prefer they don't though, since it's better to create interesting systems than whack a mole one-off problems.

For instance, with patience its possible to get allied with PA via KWS bounty hunting in neighboring systems. An interesting mechanism for solving permits becoming inaccessible would be if allied players in nearby systems would be eligible to get permit missions via the comms panel random events. So it would take some time but would remain available to the determined.

There seems to be some confusion within FDev about whether the radius is supposed to be 15 or 20 ly, so it would be nice to clear that up. But more broadly, while not a bug as such, it seems odd that a faction put in this position would simply acquiesce to being locked in by no force except their own rules.

Allowing a smaller group of players to deny content for the bigger mass of players is not a viable policy for a game that is supposed to have a long healthy life instead of a shorter suicidal one.

if a small organized group of players aren't supposed to be allowed to impact the game then the entire game needs to be adjusted and changed to reflect your vision of what the game should behave like.

I dont see that happening ever. You may not like it... but just l ike the single player offline players and the open only players and the open pve players out there who want to change the entire DNA of the game, you're not going to get your way.

the game was designed to not give much power to any single player...but a coordinated group of players are well within their power and rights to manipulate the BGS according to it's rules.

The dirty masses can do the same. You can't cry foul if they're too lazy to oppose a "small" group of players. This is how BGS manipulation works and how it has worked for 6 years. Support tickets wont change it.

the proper solution is to create a group of players out of your hypothetical larger mass of players who will free the peregrina faction thru persistent activity (the same as the hypothetical small group of players)... but since your pool of players is bigger, you will succeed where the small group will fail.

That's how the game is played. If you can't muster that kind of interest in the activity, then the faction exists where it should. End of story for them.

the proper solution is to create a group of players out of your hypothetical larger mass of players who will free the peregrina faction thru persistent activity (the same as the hypothetical small group of players)... but since your pool of players is bigger, you will succeed where the small group will fail.

That's how the game is played. If you can't muster that kind of interest in the activity, then the faction exists where it should. End of story for them.
I'd support that effort.

certainly better than wasting the support people's time with frivolous tickets ... really.. creating tickets for problems that are obviously not problems should be against the ToS and lead to banning. The support ticket system is not there to make suggestions.. That's what the forum is for.

if a small organized group of players aren't supposed to be allowed to impact the game then the entire game needs to be adjusted and changed to reflect your vision of what the game should behave like.

They are allowed, within certain limits.
For example BGS is locked in certain systems. So they could do some minor "adjustments" to permit issuing factions.

Someone's freedom might lead to someone else's oppression. Just saying. 🤷‍♂️

Edit: anyway, any other solution would be a better one than pestering support for permits, be it an ad-hoc coalition of players, a FD organized event or an alteration of the permit issuing mechanics so they can pop in Com Panel as random missions.

They are allowed, within certain limits.
For example BGS is locked in certain systems. So they could do some minor "adjustments" to permit issuing factions.

Someone's freedom might lead to someone else's oppression. Just saying. 🤷‍♂️

That's how it's supposed to be. You're supposed to be allowed to alter the game (as far as the BGS alters anyone's game) for other players thru your own actions in your own game.

You are not guaranteed to like the results of other players actions. Fdev specifically wanted that kind of player interaction within this aspect of the game.

Living with other player's activity is what makes this a massively mulitplayer game and not just a single player / multiplayer coop game.

oppression via bgs manipulation is a You problem.. Not a game problem or a "me" problem. You have the same tools and power as your hypothetical oppressors. You can undo their activity and turn the tables at any time. You're not being oppressed. You're losing.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom