Also like that our friend the Winking Cat has returned… and stolen a Joker…. Trickster…Hermes…. Mercury? Always assume the wink is for us to see… something
Agreed, I sense a secretive subplot in a lot of these Galnets and the Winking Cat has returned. Oddly, this may be in a way secretly related to Cereberus plague (which by the way wasn't a real plague either). There was shenanigans afoot interfering with the ability to get access to this miraculous ceremonial tea. Bast was system where the cure was discovered. Seriously, look up Heike on Wikipedia.

Saw this story in one of his documents...

PART 4

Roberts reads slowly from the screen.

“In 3125, the first Peter Jameson left Lave Station at the start of his great expedition which brought him fame and fortune. After him came Naomi Jameson, his daughter the explorer, who in 3163, crashed into a planet in the Zearla system while chasing a comet and bankrupting the family in the process. In 3200, Peter Jameson II, grandson of the famous pioneer followed the same crazy dream as his grandfather and this time, the money stuck. The Jameson family spread out across the stars, adventuring their way into legend.”

Is this lore?

And any references to Naomi Ryder elsewhere?
I own the Elite Encounters RPG (what EDRPG is sold under presently) and it is a damn gold mine of lore. There is even part about how Hengist Duval was cut by the non-human artifact and that is what allowed the Feds to get his DNA and triggered the votes that put Arissa Lavigny-Duval in as Emperor/Empress. The book is huge and most of it is additional stories.

I own the Elite Encounters RPG (what EDRPG is sold under presently) and it is a damn gold mine of lore. There is even part about how Hengist Duval was cut by the non-human artifact and that is what allowed the Feds to get his DNA and triggered the votes that put Arissa Lavigny-Duval in as Emperor/Empress. The book is huge and most of it is additional stories.
Unfortunatly them selling lore in other titles but not adding that said lore to Elite kills the lore :-(

Nice! … ive been waffling on getting that, wondering how much extra lore was in it. Will have to pick it up.

Unfortunatly them selling lore in other titles but not adding that said lore to Elite kills the lore :-(
It is often buried as hints. For example, there was a GalNet from August 3301 called "Portrait of Bounty Hunter" (see https://community.elitedangerous.com/galnet/uid/55c8a7a89657babd107d9faa) about Ziva Eschel from Wanted. She is chasing "Red Hourglass" to Jackson's Lighthouse. This is CMDR Khanguire and her son Ji + plus Khanguire's crew. They in the book get hold of the non-human artifact (unsure if this is the one likely stolen by Marlin Duval on her way out of Sol or the one from Exioce). In any case, this is all in the book. Ji gets the non-human artifact and is taken to what sounds like Imperial space and gets a new identity. Anyway, at the end of Wanted the final fight happens at Jackson's Cave in Jackson's Lighthouse (the formally populated Federal system that experienced gravitational collapse). The Cave is in the game (search Jackson on GalMap - it at least appears in Odyssey) and I have gotten to within 70 kilometers of Jackson's Lighthouse. Still haven't found the Cave yet but it can generally only be seen visually and it is really hard with the neutron star.

It is often buried as hints. For example, there was a GalNet from August 3301 called "Portrait of Bounty Hunter" (see https://community.elitedangerous.com/galnet/uid/55c8a7a89657babd107d9faa) about Ziva Eschel from Wanted. She is chasing "Red Hourglass" to Jackson's Lighthouse. This is CMDR Khanguire and her son Ji + plus Khanguire's crew. They in the book get hold of the non-human artifact (unsure if this is the one likely stolen by Marlin Duval on her way out of Sol or the one from Exioce). In any case, this is all in the book. Ji gets the non-human artifact and is taken to what sounds like Imperial space and gets a new identity. Anyway, at the end of Wanted the final fight happens at Jackson's Cave in Jackson's Lighthouse (the formally populated Federal system that experienced gravitational collapse). The Cave is in the game (search Jackson on GalMap - it at least appears in Odyssey) and I have gotten to within 70 kilometers of Jackson's Lighthouse. Still haven't found the Cave yet but it can generally only be seen visually and it is really hard with the neutron star.
Iv been in that system lots of times cant get closer to the neutron than 280km in both Horizons and Odyssey before the exlusion sone never seen a cave target only the star though

Iv been in that system lots of times cant get closer to the neutron than 280km in both Horizons and Odyssey before the exlusion sone never seen a cave target only the star though
You have to drop from supercruise (you are hitting the supercruise exclusion zone) and then keep going while generally staying clear of the plasma streamers unless you see it. Like I said haven't gotten lucky enough to see the damn thing but it is there.

You have to drop from supercruise (you are hitting the supercruise exclusion zone) and then keep going while generally staying clear of the plasma streamers unless you see it. Like I said haven't gotten lucky enough to see the damn thing but it is there.
See iv seen no actual proof of Jacksons cave bar the galaxy search, everyone keeps trying the neutron but what about the Class 5 gas giants or maybe on the outskirts like the voyager probes

Any other mentions of the Ryder family, TDW or Raxxla?

See iv seen no actual proof of Jacksons cave bar the galaxy search, everyone keeps trying the neutron but what about the Class 5 gas giants or maybe on the outskirts like the voyager probes
Jacksons Cave.JPG

I do like the idea of raxxla as a wandering moon that jumps from system to system ( possibly the progenitor of the Fleet Carrrier mechanic) and disguises itself among existing moons… working its way on a 50 year cycle… hmmm maybe time to go back over the various “ strange happenings” and look for patterns again.
Mmm. Not sure about the wandering moon, the original source for that seems to be Drew Wagar’s fan fiction novels which are not canon for ED.

Nor is it clear to me what, if any, extent the ED RPG is canon for ED. It might be a clarification, or expansion, or just game-based invention. The ED puzzles should be self-contained within the game (I think FD produced the codex to answer the salt about that point) so I am dubious about such an external source.

The 50 year periodicity which John Harper referred to for Raxxla doesn't appear anywhere else as far as I can see, so I’d really like to know if it is at all canon. Doesn’t have to be a wandering moon, it could apply to a stealthy object orbiting a star, or a known orbit within a system if Raxxla is disguised as a known object. The stealthy object orbiting a star fits for Sol with asteroid 2060 Chiron, aka known as comet 95P/Chiron, since the asteroid/comet dividing line is a little fuzzy (pun intended, it’s as good as you’ll get at this time of day). And I believe FD have said comets are in game. Perhaps the real reason why they have not been visually depicted to date is that they don’t want to make Raxxla any easier to find?

The Duval Artefact is not the same as the Mars relic. It was made in Achenar, by Mudlarks.

Mmm. Not sure about the wandering moon, the original source for that seems to be Drew Wagar’s fan fiction novels which are not canon for ED.

Nor is it clear to me what, if any, extent the ED RPG is canon for ED. It might be a clarification, or expansion, or just game-based invention. The ED puzzles should be self-contained within the game (I think FD produced the codex to answer the salt about that point) so I am dubious about such an external source.

The 50 year periodicity which John Harper referred to for Raxxla doesn't appear anywhere else as far as I can see, so I’d really like to know if it is at all canon. Doesn’t have to be a wandering moon, it could apply to a stealthy object orbiting a star, or a known orbit within a system if Raxxla is disguised as a known object. The stealthy object orbiting a star fits for Sol with asteroid 2060 Chiron, aka known as comet 95P/Chiron, since the asteroid/comet dividing line is a little fuzzy (pun intended, it’s as good as you’ll get at this time of day). And I believe FD have said comets are in game. Perhaps the real reason why they have not been visually depicted to date is that they don’t want to make Raxxla any easier to find?
The official RPG is canon - the history section only mind you. It was written based on the authors pack given to the novelists, afaik.

its available here:

and looks like this:

1634119082139.png

But beware! There is the official RPG and there is this one which is NOT canon:

1634118928675.png

No affiliation, btw :)

Last edited:
The official RPG is canon - the history section only mind you. It was written based on the authors pack given to the novelists, afaik.

its availavle here:

and looks like this:

View attachment 268352
But beware! There is the official RPG and there is this one which is NOT canon:

View attachment 268351

No affiliation, btw :)
Thanks Yelboc, you’re a star! (another pun, two in one day, the coffee is working!)... didn't even know there are two RPG!
But do we have a reference for the official version being canon within the ED game and not just within the RPG?
(It’s that bidirectional dependency that worries me)
If so I’ll add it to my list of FD quotes.

Mmm, not found an FD quote, but Elite Encounters came from the FD writers pack kickstarter which gave authors access to the FD internal lore book(s) and MB had some oversight in its development (apparently after some initial uncertainty as to whether it counted as a book) so I think that probably makes it pukka in its own right, but still a bit unsure about the applicability of EE RPG lore to the computer game.

To those who have it-is it worth the purchase? Don’t want to cloud my hypothesising little grey cells with info that may not be pukka in-game, I can’t take any more obfuscation! Mmm, I can’t even check the UK price, it’s not on the FD Store and my iPad Norton is blocking access to the Daftworks site (but then, today it’s currently objecting to the FD forum! 🧐)

Last edited:
20 squid in the UK for the PDF. There is a fair bit of lore stuff in there. Hard to judge if its worth it just for that, but my son enjoyed playing the RPG with his mates if thats anything to go by :)

So I have a quote from the author about the fact that its a canon source, but my search skills are failing me right now :(

Regards the RPG lore applicability to the game - its only the History section of the manual that is regarded as lore afaik.

[Edit:] Forgot to mention that there are a couple of short stroies included as well so there is a bit more to it..

Last edited:

A ghost world.. a planet .. a legend…. I seem to remember a christmas helpdesk ? Where FD referred to it as a planet as well… the wandering aspect i will admit is a stretch but it does provide obfuscation… no “system” to look for … just a path.. and as part of that obfuscation it would be a small planet …. Hence hide itself as a moon…. Ya the 50 years could be just a total guess on his part… who knows. But still something to check out.

Found the author's quote, and the context is very interesting too, so here is the entire quote:

1634133642028.png

Its an interesting statement, especially given he has something to gain from its purchase, and even so he calls into doubt the usefulness of the official novels and the EE RPG.

This is a couple of notes that an Artefact similar to the mars artefact was found on Exioce and that it was associated with a failed terraforming attempt in the past before the Empire colonised it. This re-inforces the connection between the Mars artefact and terraforming, Mars only being successfully terraformed after finding it.

There seems to be another inconsistency in the galaxy compared to the canon lore novels in that the planet named in the RPG is in fact a gas giant in game, so once more it looks like the systems got regenerated between last edit and game release.

Top Bottom