Found the author's quote, and the context is very interesting too, so here is the entire quote:

View attachment 268384

Its an interesting statement, especially given he has something to gain from its purchase, and even so he calls into doubt the usefulness of the official novels and the EE RPG.

Mmm, if it’s just history may give it a miss, never was taken with history. And those remarks are a bit offputting.

Yes, Corr Fellian makes much of a second alien artefact in his theorising. Interesting that it relates to terraforming.

The possible application of a “small child’s hand-sized artefact” for terraforming Mars is presumably FD making a humorous reference to the Total Recall film (I liked the Arnie version) where a huge alien subsurface terraforming machine was triggered by a hand placed in the console indentations. If so it doesn’t reduce my faith in the Raxxla in Sol hypothesis since it still proves that aliens visited Sol (& presumably attempted to terraform Mars, so they were settlers).

But if another similar to the mars artefact was found on Exioce then that would pose another possible location. We know there were 3 Guardian arkships, so maybe another one somewhere?

R A X X L A, Now here we go down the tinfoil hat tunnel.... R - Achernar (Achenar ingame missing its real spelling R)

Now lets find some systems missing Real world naming letters

R - Ache(R)nar - Also linked to Raxxla codex entry date of 2296 (The reforming of the Empire after Marlin Duval death)
A -
X -
X -
L -
A -

the 6 systems may give a center location system and would also follow the 6 sectioned logo with the Sun symbol in the center, this is over the top however everything else seems to have been tried so meh be fun lol

Last edited:
Mmm, if it’s just history may give it a miss, never was taken with history. And those remarks are a bit offputting.

Yes, Corr Fellian makes much of a second alien artefact in his theorising. Interesting that it relates to terraforming.

The possible application of a “small child’s hand-sized artefact” for terraforming Mars is presumably FD making a humorous reference to the Total Recall film (I liked the Arnie version) where a huge alien subsurface terraforming machine was triggered by a hand placed in the console indentations. If so it doesn’t reduce my faith in the Raxxla in Sol hypothesis since it still proves that aliens visited Sol (& presumably attempted to terraform Mars, so they were settlers).

But if another similar to the mars artefact was found on Exioce then that would pose another possible location. We know there were 3 Guardian arkships, so maybe another one somewhere?
Alpha Hydri is between both and is permit locked, however a brief search shows people could obtain this permit 7 years ago???? system was also locked/or made you crash depending on which version of the orignal Elite you owned

This is a couple of notes that an Artefact similar to the mars artefact was found on Exioce and that it was associated with a failed terraforming attempt in the past before the Empire colonised it. This re-inforces the connection between the Mars artefact and terraforming, Mars only being successfully terraformed after finding it.

There seems to be another inconsistency in the galaxy compared to the canon lore novels in that the planet named in the RPG is in fact a gas giant in game, so once more it looks like the systems got regenerated between last edit and game release.
A planet Exioce was probably terraformed by Thargoids, at some point in the past. This is hinted in the FE2 Gazetteer.

Enaness (not in ED) seem to have a similar past, but with a different alien race.

Mmm. Not sure about the wandering moon, the original source for that seems to be Drew Wagar’s fan fiction novels which are not canon for ED.

Yep, pretty sure I made that up first in my Elite fan-fic story "Mutabilis" back in.... wowzers... 2008. It's definitely not canon for ED (unless Fdev adopted the idea independently). Those novellas were written for Oolite and based on the original Elite lore.

You can read it here if you want to > https://www.ascorbius.com/drewwagaroolite

Cheers,

Drew.

A planet Exioce was probably terraformed by Thargoids, at some point in the past. This is hinted in the FE2 Gazetteer.

Enaness (not in ED) seem to have a similar past, but with a different alien race.
Thats consistent with the RPG which says the atmosphere on Exoice was left corrosive by the failed attempt.

The implication here is that the Thargoids attempted to terraform Mars in the ancient past, is it not?

Thats consistent with the RPG which says the atmosphere on Exoice was left corrosive by the failed attempt.

The implication here is that the Thargoids attempted to terraform Mars in the ancient past, is it not?
More likely the Guardians. An ammonia prepped planet would not have been much use for humans (except for all the barnacles).
Attempts at terraforming Mars failed, until shortly after the relic was discovered. The relic may have given blue prints or started a hidden terrafoming machine.
The relic could also be unrelated to the terraforming, but that wouldn't be much fun.:giggle:

Yep, pretty sure I made that up first in my Elite fan-fic story "Mutabilis" back in.... wowzers... 2008. It's definitely not canon for ED (unless Fdev adopted the idea independently). Those novellas were written for Oolite and based on the original Elite lore.

You can read it here if you want to > https://www.ascorbius.com/drewwagaroolite

Cheers,

Drew.
Thanks Drew!
Must get around to rereading your Oolite series. I need a good read after the current (boring) murder mystery I’ve got. Gave up on two others after reading Thursday Murder Club 2 which I really enjoyed.

Mmm, Thargoids or Guardians?
Being pedantic, Terraforming means making it like Terra (Earth), so unlikely to be Thargoids who like Ammonia atmospheres.

Edit: ninjad by Han_Zen!

Maybe, but if Exioce was 'terraformed' by the Thargoids, and the same type of artefact was found there as on Mars, it would seem likely that the artefact was thargoid in origin wouldn't it?

Maybe, but if Exioce was 'terraformed' by the Thargoids, and the same type of artefact was found there as on Mars, it would seem likely that the artefact was thargoid in origin wouldn't it?
I wouldn't put to much on that detail. The RPG writers were probably just spinning on the old Gazetteer article. The Gazetteer is sort of half lore. FD has reused a lot of it, but not followed it accurately. At the time of FE2/FFE, FD already had plans for the return of the Thargoids and at least one more alien race. Only the Thargoid encounters materialized in the games, so we can't know how they had it planned.

The makers of the RPG would have had the same info as the book authors. All they knew of Raxxla was that it was of limits and that TDW hadn't found it.

The Duval Artefact is not the same as the Mars relic. It was made in Achenar, by Mudlarks.
I thought the Duval artifact might have originated at Exioce (if Marlin Duval didn't leave Sol with the Martian artifact). It just wasn't 100% clear if we are dealing with a singular artifact that has made quite a journey or several of them. If that is the case, that we do have a separate one the story of Wanted appears to be about the Duval artifact. Regardless, the last known location was Jackson's Lighthouse (though Ji Khanguire was sent off with the artifact and a new identity towards the end of Wanted).

Any other mentions of the Ryder family, TDW or Raxxla?
I will have to research that ... there was section in the Elite Encounters RPG discussing the origins of CMDRs being approximately during GalCop. I working to get a better idea of when the ships arrived at Teorge and that cloning program happened vs Dr. Walden (whom I believe came to power towards the end of the GalCop era). I have a sneaking suspicion that Teorge happened first then Dr. Walden took that for his own followed by the Imperials stealing the tech from Dr. Walden after GalCop's collapse.

I wouldn't put to much on that detail. The RPG writers were probably just spinning on the old Gazetteer article. The Gazetteer is sort of half lore. FD has reused a lot of it, but not followed it accurately. At the time of FE2/FFE, FD already had plans for the return of the Thargoids and at least one more alien race. Only the Thargoid encounters materialized in the games, so we can't know how they had it planned.

The makers of the RPG would have had the same info as the book authors. All they knew of Raxxla was that it was of limits and that TDW hadn't found it.
I am just going to throw this out there that I am increasingly convinced the Cereberus plague was not a new plague at all. It seems to be a triple parasite much like the Soholia Fever from First Encounters. Both were cured via a special tea. In Elite Dangerous the cure was Ceremonial Heike Tea. I did some digging in Galnet (via Independent Raxxla Hunters Custodian tool) and there appears to have been efforts to make that good harder to get at times. If you look up Heike on Wikipedia it is a Japanese epic about a power struggle. I think there is lot more there than meets the eye.

See iv seen no actual proof of Jacksons cave bar the galaxy search, everyone keeps trying the neutron but what about the Class 5 gas giants or maybe on the outskirts like the voyager probes
Haven't done extensive searches on the fringes. Per Wanted there is a disused station from when it was inhabited (before the gravitational collapse) by the Federation that is in a stable orbit of 2 light-minutes out from Jackson's Lighthouse (but operates with very low power - sound familiar?). The Cave is supposed to be exceptionally close to Jackson's Lighthouse.

I am just going to throw this out there that I am increasingly convinced the Cereberus plague was not a new plague at all. It seems to be a triple parasite much like the Soholia Fever from First Encounters. Both were cured via a special tea. In Elite Dangerous the cure was Ceremonial Heike Tea. I did some digging in Galnet (via Independent Raxxla Hunters Custodian tool) and there appears to have been efforts to make that good harder to get at times. If you look up Heike on Wikipedia it is a Japanese epic about a power struggle. I think there is lot more there than meets the eye.

I seem to remember the Soholian plague was implied to be related to the mycoid in FFE and then later in Lave Revolution it indicates that Walden was involved in the Soholian plague as well…

I seem to remember the Soholian plague was implied to be related to the mycoid in FFE and then later in Lave Revolution it indicates that Walden was involved in the Soholian plague as well…
Sigh ... more stuff to research. Though, I guess we could call these good problems to have. I will be reading the remaining official novels while I am on vacation starting late next week.

Top Bottom