New Ranks

It's shaky and sporadic though. I've often noticed mine won't update unless I log in and out of Horizons.

Surely you mean Odyssey? Logging in and out of Horizons will usually screw up your Inara stats as it will show nothing for Merc and Exo ranks. But yes, the ranks only update in Inara if you log in and out and then import ED data into Inara.

These are the lines you want from the journal file:

{ "timestamp":"2021-10-14T08:02:07Z", "event":"Rank", "Combat":7, "Trade":13, "Explore":8, "Soldier":5, "Exobiologist":5, "Empire":14, "Federation":12, "CQC":0 }
{ "timestamp":"2021-10-14T08:02:07Z", "event":"Progress", "Combat":90, "Trade":100, "Explore":27, "Soldier":72, "Exobiologist":18, "Empire":100, "Federation":98, "CQC":0 }
{ "timestamp":"2021-10-14T08:02:07Z", "event":"Reputation", "Empire":99.886299, "Federation":75.000000, "Alliance":75.000000 }

There are two sets in my journal file for today, 57 mins apart. The second one has the empire 1000th of a point higher.

I guess now I need to go into combat and see whether it does update live:

1634205986385.png

The unofficial(!) Wiki says doing missions should count towards progress, however I have not experienced that myself. If the missions actually contribute to progress, it must be an underwhelmingly low percentage. The only significant changes I've ever seen were from CZs or liberating settlements.

I can confirm that for me at least doing missions or killing and scavenging through settlements works, my rating is climbing very slowly but it is going up.

It's shaky and sporadic though. I've often noticed mine won't update unless I log in and out of Horizons.

Quite often the ranks data will only get picked up by inara once you've jumped to a new system / docked somewhere else. Don't expect, for example, your trade rank to update if you're still sat in the port where you've just sold items.

If you're relogging into horizons, inara will end up grabbing the non-odyssey rank info - eg. Elite II will drop back to Elite. While it might then update correctly once you log back in to odyssey, you'll end up messing up your achievement history, as the horizons relog will be recorded as you achieving that rank again.

(you can then delete these 'false' rank achievements, but it's definitely a sub-optimal solution - particularly if you have multiple elite ranks)

Yep, the data is only saved to the journal on a relog. I just did two conflict zones in a row, and nothing updated, and then I relogged and it added 7%

(I didn't try jumping to a different system, but my journal for the whole day only had the 1 entry in.)

1634213196796.png

Last edited:
Quite often the ranks data will only get picked up by inara once you've jumped to a new system / docked somewhere else. Don't expect, for example, your trade rank to update if you're still sat in the port where you've just sold items.

If you're relogging into horizons, inara will end up grabbing the non-odyssey rank info - eg. Elite II will drop back to Elite. While it might then update correctly once you log back in to odyssey, you'll end up messing up your achievement history, as the horizons relog will be recorded as you achieving that rank again.

(you can then delete these 'false' rank achievements, but it's definitely a sub-optimal solution - particularly if you have multiple elite ranks)
Ah, see that makes sense now. (The jumping in/out of a system.) Good to know, taekni, thanks for that.

The rank system should be more worthwhile, triple elite in Horizons gives you a title as does Imp and Fed rank, but no benies no perks no recognition other than an attaboy from the pilot union and powers. You’d think it would qualify you for really neat rank reserved missions.

Seems the same in Odyssey.

Ah, see that makes sense now. (The jumping in/out of a system.) Good to know, taekni, thanks for that.

I've been testing this all evening, and the ranks info is only saved to the journal when you log into the game. So jumping to another system won't do it.

On the plus side during my testing I graduated from Warrior to Gladiator and unlocked the golden Dominator suit. (Still need more ranks for helmet torso and legs though...)

1634229623531.png

I've been testing this all evening, and the ranks info is only saved to the journal when you log into the game. So jumping to another system won't do it.

On the plus side during my testing I graduated from Warrior to Gladiator and unlocked the golden Dominator suit. (Still need more ranks for helmet torso and legs though...)

View attachment 268682
Shiny.

Top Bottom