Game Discussions The No Man's Sky Thread

Expedition 4 has started:
"As the end of October approaches, we are thrilled to announce a new seasonal event for No Man’s Sky. Expedition Four: Emergence begins today, and will run over the course of Halloween! This is our first Expedition to feature a narrative, and is also a mini-update, bringing with it a host of enhancements for across the game."

Guess who I saw cheating in the anomaly recently? I think you might know him. He was so generous to give me 3 ferrite dust or something like that. I was hoping for an AI valve worth 50 mil.

Yeah, I tried that exosuit expansion slot being available to upgrade after making a donation and reloading thingie (I am still finding my way in the game having just returned to it). It was very dissatisfying really, spoiled things a bit and in fact I think it mucked something up as I found that installing an upgrade to a ship later on actually didn't stick. So I started a new save - I even found out how to delete a save too. :)

I don't know if that glitch exploit is cheating very much - it just makes the upgrade slot available again - price still goes up per upgrade - so I thought it would just save time. Still. like all these exploit things, it does spoil overall enjoyment.

BTW - I too was given a ferrite dust and I thought that was a bit cheap - I was doling out Cobalt (23-26 I think). I also keep donating the companion eggs from the twitch thingies* - I don't want them but maybe someone might enjoy having a flying worm or giant flea following them about. ;)

* Not for doing the exosuit glitch thing.

P.S. I have never even seen an AI Valve - someone did give me a station override key - I enjoyed the 250K from selling that. :sneaky:

Last edited:
So having picked this up yesterday and still finding out which way is up, is this update anything I need to care about for now?

So having picked this up yesterday and still finding out which way is up, is this update anything I need to care about for now?

Give it a try. It's a different save slot. Expeditions are usually a good way to get introduced into the game, because there's a defined path to follow... and it gives you rewards you can use in your other saves.

Yeah maybe. :unsure: I'm not a noob, but I find Expeditions can sometimes be confusing, but then I play in a very freeform way, so a bit of rigidity is quite comforting.

They're also time-limited, so may as well try.

We get many noobs in the steam forums asking Expedition questions that indicate they never played the basic tutorial. Questions about blueprints and crafting are common and will be answered in the starter tutorial, and seem to be assumed knowledge in the expedition.

My advice is this: Once the game starts to click (should only take a few hours), try the expedition. Each expedition has unique rewards you won't want to miss out on.

I don't get why you have to do it in separate save. I don't want to grind out the start again. Once is enough. Once wasn't bad, but twice?
The milestones are the core of expeditions. If they let us play from an advanced save file, all of the milestones would be completed from the start. The expeditions give you some shortcuts, such as skipping the main quest. You get rewards for milestones and some rewards are unlocked at the QS vendor which means they are available to all your saves.

I don't get why you have to do it in separate save. I don't want to grind out the start again. Once is enough. Once wasn't bad, but twice?
But the grinding in the start is the most exciting part. :D

Actually, I have enjoyed restarting several times in the lifetime of NMS, and honestly, I get bored when I reach the "got everything" level. But the start, when you have nothing, is most fun. To me at least.

But the grinding in the start is the most exciting part. :D

Actually, I have enjoyed restarting several times in the lifetime of NMS, and honestly, I get bored when I reach the "got everything" level. But the start, when you have nothing, is most fun. To me at least.
This is why the expeditions are my fav way of starting a new game. Keep the excitement but skip the boring tutorial.

Top Bottom