I agree. Intelligence analysis IRL is based on exactly that, real life events characters & motivations, and there would inevitably be carry over into a wide range of other events which could be cross-checked to support evidential reasoning. ED is a fictional narrative which cannot be cross-checked, it’s too thin with no supporting evidence. We have very little evidence and it’s all superficial, despite some people’s attempts to link everything together. 🤣

We have two basic alternatives, IMHO, assuming we believe FD claims that it’s real, in-game since the gamma release, & it’s a definite place. If you don’t believe those assumptions then you’re in the wrong thread.

Raxxla could be hidden randomly throughout 400 billion star systems, or it could be hidden within the bubble. I think the latter is much more likely, given the timelines that FD have given us-FD are trying to present a difficult to solve puzzle so evidently those dates and the other lore provide some clues; the lore is a set of hints about what has happened in the FD universe & we’ve been given it for a reason-it makes (some) sense of the FD universe. There may be some obfuscation within the lore, especially if said by some storyline characters, but most is “truthful”. Given the 2296 first rumour and colonisation dates of other systems I believe it’s within 20 ly of Sol, and may have been found by an early probe (hence the 20 ly) or found through Federation analysis of the alien Mars artefact (implying within Sol).

I’m unsure, since there is no support for that claim, about the alleged MB statement that the system has been honked but Raxxla not discovered; but I am highly confidant from this 20ly potential search range that Raxxla is disguised as something so ordinary that it has been overlooked (which is compatible with that alleged statement). There is also a possibility in that it needs a specific set of circumstances to be found (e.g. within 10km when you honk, doesnt show on ship sensors, visually hidden so no viable parallax searching) and this could well be the reason why it has not been found, especially if it is in the dim recesses of a system where nobody is likely to go. I think this is the reason for the “TDW hidden station” reference in the codex and the mention in galnet of a sculpture that could bend light.

It may be within a permit-locked system (that would make sense for several bubble permits to have been applied in-game), so Sol, Sirius, van Maanen...Since it has been in-game from the gamma it will not be a surface site. So it may be within an asteroid belt, near or disguised as a star/planet/moon, or it may be a station or npc.

FD aren't going to give us anything more specific than this line, from the codex: "Raxxla is a definite place, and that it holds a mystical secret"

FD are quite happy to keep it a mystery. Hiding stuff in ED is easy. You could put a decent planet in Sol and no one would find it, as long as it does not scann and has an odd and large orbit.
If it's an asteroid cluster that doesn't scann, it is literally invisible until you get close enough (FD decides what close enough is.)

Non of this takes any programming. It's just settings on a hand placed standard object.

Does someone know if there is an orbitcalculator (rather graphical) outside the game that shows chirons orbit all the way to 3310?
I want to try to land on chiron , even if it not visible. This should be possible to measure distance between landable moons in solar system (to sync orbital time)
And then get three / four point of known moons in the solarsystem to chiron and then land on it.
But I NEED the orbitcalculator , with graphics since it will help when making the distances out.

Is there someone that have found a NPC character with a familyname of Ryder?
I only found one engineer and the player faction (Ryders of the void)
But my guess is that this is important.. could you all search your game logfiles which system Ryder family exists
Found a pirate with the name Tom Ryder in Vaccae. But I dont know if the name Vaccae means something...

Does someone know if there is an orbitcalculator (rather graphical) outside the game that shows chirons orbit all the way to 3310?
I want to try to land on chiron , even if it not visible. This should be possible to measure distance between landable moons in solar system (to sync orbital time)
And then get three / four point of known moons in the solarsystem to chiron and then land on it.
But I NEED the orbitcalculator , with graphics since it will help when making the distances out.
I think I was the first to postulate Chiron in Sol as a possibility, based on John Harper’s statement about Raxxla rumours peaking every 50 years (I have found an alternative possibility which I’m exploring, when I can get in-game!). If you know the in-game star date applicable to Sol’s planets then you could get Chiron’s position from Stellarium. Unfortunately Sol’s planetary positions dont seem to match up for either 2021 or 3307, and FD have repeatedly failed to answer questions about what that date is, which I find highly suggestive!!

You might want to play around with Stellarium and see if you can match the in-game planetary positions to a date (we’d like to know it!!) and then go from there. Good hunting!

Last edited:
I think I was the first to postulate Chiron in Sol as a possibility, based on John Harper’s statement about Raxxla rumours peaking every 50 years (I have found an alternative possibility which I’m exploring, when I can get in-game!). If you know the in-game star date applicable to Sol’s planets then you could get Chiron’s position from Stellarium. Unfortunately Sol’s planetary positions dont seem to match up for either 2021 or 3307, and FD have repeatedly failed to answer questions about what that date is, which I find highly suggestive!!

You might want to play around with Stellarium and see if you can match the in-game planetary positions to a date (we’d like to know it!!) and then go from there. Good hunting!
I think 50 years is just an acknowledgement of the start year of the games. With the exception of Elite (3125), the rest are at 50 year intervals (FE2 3200, FFE 3250, ED 3300).
Raxxla rumours peak when there are players in the Elite galaxy. ;)

I think 50 years is just an acknowledgement of the start year of the games. With the exception of Elite (3125), the rest are at 50 year intervals (FE2 3200, FFE 3250, ED 3300).
Raxxla rumours peak when there are players in the Elite galaxy. ;)
So what im hearing is that we are coming through the Raxxla Gate (starter systems) into the elite universe roughly every 50 years and taking over the lives of pilots federation members (who were possibly bred and supplied with implants to facilitate this). We are the twisted men (AI ?) of Raxxla who are shaping the path of humanity… ?

Raxxla is a key to the permit locked systems.... you should come on over.... there's no gankers and onionhead is free..... Yorkshire tea is not a rare commodity for Jorki too....

I'll send you all the Omphalos/Martian artefact so you can find you way... just honk when you arrive and I'll let you in, but don't be playing that knock knock ginger game like the first chap did... honked and ran!

Sorry got to go and play beach volleyball with the Ryders and the Dark Wheel.... now where did I leave that bloody alien stone thingy.... bloody lost it again..... ;-)

So what im hearing is that we are coming through the Raxxla Gate (starter systems) into the elite universe roughly every 50 years and taking over the lives of pilots federation members (who were possibly bred and supplied with implants to facilitate this). We are the twisted men (AI ?) of Raxxla who are shaping the path of humanity… ?
Nah, the twisted men of Raxxla have already found the dam thing!!! 🙁

I think we’re either the ill-fated red shirts, or maybe the plucky comic relief
(I think FD must find our hypothesising and puerile attempts to find Raxxla immensely amusing! I suspect they have regular casualties due to episodes of hysterical laughter while intaking pizza & beer, which is why it’s taking so long to sort EDO. Perhaps while we’re talking about Intel analysis we should examine the public health records for Cambridge?)

P.S. clearly all those with single name avatars aren't important enough for a last name, because they’re gonna die five minutes in! 😁

Last edited:
Raxxla is a key to the permit locked systems.... you should come on over.... there's no gankers and onionhead is free..... Yorkshire tea is not a rare commodity for Jorki too....

I'll send you all the Omphalos/Martian artefact so you can find you way... just honk when you arrive and I'll let you in, but don't be playing that knock knock ginger game like the first chap did... honked and ran!

Sorry got to go and play beach volleyball with the Ryders and the Dark Wheel.... now where did I leave that bloody alien stone thingy.... bloody lost it again..... ;-)
Yorkshire tea? Ugh, I’m no tea drinker!
But it had better have loads of freshly ground black coffee (medium roast) and lavian brandy on tap!!
And Parkin, to have with the brandy
And Wensleydale cheese
And Yorkshire curd tarts, yum, not had those in over 40 years 🙁
And fishnchips .........

I wonder if commander braben is on EDSM... Looking through his travels would be interesting... You'd have to go and have a look wouldn't you? At least once...lol
Did you check?
I bet if he uses EDSM his flight log is private!
And he probably logs in as Alex Ryder to access Raxxla...let’s hope he does so every month to ensure no bugs are preventing access!!!

That's how most people think RL works. You get stuffed in a random new body, each time the old one dies. :D

So bit of spare time on my hands, decided to try my luck again with customer support.

I continued on from my previous enquiry but expanded it to include the codex, essentially asking if said assets Dark Wheel or Raxxla were actual and could be interacted with, based upon their advertisement in the Codex.

Just to test if FD have changed their policy concerning such discussion, especially in light of my recent confirmation from them that the Polaris permit was not currently accessible.

“In regards to the those elements you've mentioned, I'm afraid we have no additional information to provide from here at Customer Support; whilst here we can assist with technical or account issues, we leave such discovery to the adventurous endeavors of our esteemed Commanders and intrepid explorers!”

So it’s a non-confirmation again, however my initial question was to assess if advertised assets were ‘accessible’ note how this has not been denied.

Albeit their get-out is that they have no information to supply, a non confirmation is as good as a confirmation in my book.

So no real headway there but it was worth a shot, it’s open to interpretation if this is affirmation the Dark Wheel and Raxxla are currently discoverable.

Being in a positive frame of mind I might take this as a confirmation they are…

F84DAEAC-BF96-46FD-BE5D-E5DF12E170B1.jpeg

Last edited:
So bit of spare time on my hands, decided to try my luck again with customer support.

I continued on from my previous enquiry but expanded it to include the codex, essentially asking if said assets Dark Wheel or Raxxla were actual and could be interacted with, based upon their advertisement in the Codex.

Just to test if FD have changed their policy concerning such discussion, especially in light of my recent confirmation from them that the Polaris permit was not currently accessible.

“In regards to the those elements you've mentioned, I'm afraid we have no additional information to provide from here at Customer Support; whilst here we can assist with technical or account issues, we leave such discovery to the adventurous endeavors of our esteemed Commanders and intrepid explorers!”

So it’s a non-confirmation again, however my initial question was to assess if advertised assets were ‘accessible’ note how this has not been denied.

Albeit their get-out is that they have no information to supply, a non confirmation is as good as a confirmation in my book.

So no real headway there but it was worth a shot, it’s open to interpretation if this is affirmation the Dark Wheel and Raxxla are currently discoverable.

Being in a positive frame of mind I might take this as a confirmation they are…

View attachment 270003
Mmm, I think you made a tactical error, since any question related to Raxxla is ignored; I suspect this is a DB-mandated company policy! The first rule of Raxxla is you don’t talk about Raxxla! I think you might have stood a better chance of getting an answer related solely to TDW.

Remember the DB Youtube video ( “ED has a story that "embraces all the players"
m.youtube.com/watch?v=gDh9G1gDgMU) where he talked about an invitation to join a secret organisation as being an event that happens at a certain point in a player’s progression/journey through the game.

At 8 mins 20 he said ED does have a story, but it’s not a single-player threaded “rescue the princess” style story, it’s a story of your progression through the game, we will have things that happen to you at certain stages through the game, you’ll get invited to join things. If you get invited to join a secret organisation that’s a thing that can happen to lots of players, if you don’t get that invitation you’ll think to yourself why? I did kill that policeman the other day, maybe I need to get my reputation higher”....

Now, to my knowledge, after 7 years of gameplay we have had not a single player claim to have achieved membership of any such secret society (I am not counting the EPF, which I think we get at Elite status and certainly doesnt involve any notoriety value). So I want to know
IS THERE REALLY SUCH A SECRET SOCIETY IN-GAME?
IS THAT SECRET SOCIETY TDW?
IS THE MEMBERSHIP TEST/INVITATION REGULARLY TESTED BECAUSE IT DOESN'T SEEM TO BE WORKING!

Frustrated of Mu Leonis!
Triple Elite, Admiral and King
I gave my thumbs to this game and all I got was a lousy t-shirt...
and I had to buy that 🙌

Top Bottom