Odyssey Going Forwards

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I agree (y)

Although I may have put it that incorporating human scale assets and foot-based activity into the game's framework is a huge undertaking.
Yeah in a space game the scales are more forgiving but as soon as you add in human scales everyone expects it to be 1:1 accurate so everything has to be modelled correctly. Fwiw look at the small Sidey in space it's a gnat compared to the other ships but it's as big as a house when on foot.

That one is certainly the most noticable.
Some of the other older ships suffer from that, to some extent. Only the very newest ones like the Kraits seem to have been designed to the right scale rather than upsized later. It's noticeable in a lot of the cockpits, as well as in the way the Type 7 and the Clipper use large pads despite being the mediums of their series. Those two make a lot more sense if you suspect that the models might have originally been small enough to (just) fit on medium pads.

It's a bit surprising that the Cutter has the problem, actually, as it wasn't in the game at launch. I can only assume most of the design work on it was done then, even if it wasn't released until later.

It's noticeable in a lot of the cockpits, as well as in the way the Type 7 and the Clipper use large pads despite being the mediums of their series. Those two make a lot more sense if you suspect that the models might have originally been small enough to (just) fit on medium pads.
Wasn't the Clipper originally a medium sized vessel that got nerfed by being made large?

I can't remember when I've read it from but Clipper is considered large only because of it's wingspan and Type 7 is classified as large because of it's height.
That's the official 'explanation', but I vaguely remember it being originally classified as a medium ship and it was later nerfed - or am I imagining this?

Just a PSA: People on Playstation 4 ARE Holding out Hope that Odyssey will make it to its console. I think its why people on console still play Horizons.
It would perhaps be a mistake not to release it on PS4/XONE. SO I hope that its still considered for these consoles.
Please update the community soon on console develpment. Thank You, Good Day
Elite on consoles is dead to those who have done everything to do ingame. Devs need to add content soon to horizons before console players move on.

Well as long as the squadron I'm successfully running has breath and holds their breath
For Odyssey I won't quit playing And i suspect they won't either. Iptn only has 9 members but I have not
Had any players quit the squadron yet in the 2 months I've been running it. 😎

If they're looking to Odyssey for that content, then they're plum out of luck. I'm on PC, and what Odyssey offered was really not sufficient to keep me playing much beyond the Alpha.
Same here. The base flying-a-spaceship game (which I really like) has been tossed out the window in favor of a space flavored FPS (which I really dislike).

And I see no indications here on the forum, or anywhere else for that matter, that shows that FD has any interest in providing any new content for a flying-a-spaceship game. So I guess I'm screwed.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom