Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 8 / Horizons Update | 27 October discussion

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
I've just checked one planet so far but.
Ryzen 5 3600x
16Gb Ram
AMD Vega 56 8Gb
Ultra settings at 3840x2160 FSR set to Quality

Lighting on the surface seems better to me, but I haven't been to sunset yet. The SRV lights are no longer really harsh 🥳 There are still stutters when entering/exiting the SRV and the FPS drops to ~20 for a couple of seconds, but after that it's sitting around 35-50fps while running on foot and scanning (seems to be directly related to the amount of shadows). Looking at the side panels in the SRV no longer makes the FPS tank 👍 Driving the SRV is between 35-50fps.

Maybe 5 fps gain. The terrain still morphs infront of me, and on occasions all the surface textures disappear.
Source: https://youtu.be/3vTjGMZS4ko

Ok, here's a problem. I've just been attacked for being in a Restricted Area, but the area was not restricted. I tried it twice to be sure.

It's happening at Brown Synthetics Site, in Derrim. Go into the PWR building. The first floor is unrestricted except for an area around the power plant. The second floor is unrestricted, but as soon as I went up the stairs the NPC attacked me saying I was in a restricted area.

Not good.

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Ok, here's a problem. I've just been attacked for being in a Restricted Area, but the area was not restricted. I tried it twice to be sure.

It's happening at Brown Synthetics Site, in Derrim. Go into the PWR building. The first floor is unrestricted except for an area around the power plant. The second floor is unrestricted, but as soon as I went up the stairs the NPC attacked me saying I was in a restricted area.

Not good.
That detail is going to absolutely help me out here. Thanks. I'm just whizzing through these for now and making them notes, then if I have further questions I might be pinging :)

That detail is going to absolutely help me out here. Thanks. I'm just whizzing through these for now and making them notes, then if I have further questions I might be pinging :)
I have it on video, I think. I cleared the settlement a few times yesterday, so I'm familiar with the layout. Thus I was surprised by the sudden aggro :)

I must correct myself... my FPS now collapses to below 40 FPS when approaching space stations (even outposts)... this was never the case even with EDO 1.0. I can also confirm that space bases now simply 'pop up' with an unsightly delay of a good 1 - 2 seconds.

I know, I know... I could give more details like specs etc etc... but seriously, I've had enough of this, don't want to get angry about this any more and don't want to get on your nerves with my bad mood - so I'll just finish the current mission, go back to the desktop, uninstall ED and let it rest for another 4 or 5 months.

Until then;

o7 all together

PS: @Bottom Hat
No, you can't - I'll be back.... 🤘

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
I must correct myself... my FPS now collapses to below 40 FPS when approaching space stations (even outposts)... this was never the case even with EDO 1.0. I can also confirm that space bases now simply 'pop up' with an unsightly delay of a good 1 - 2 seconds.

I know, I know... I could give more details like specs etc etc... but seriously, I've had enough of this, don't want to get angry about this any more and don't want to get on your nerves with my bad mood - so I'll just finish the current mission, go back to the desktop, uninstall ED and let it rest for another 4 or 5 months.

Until then;

o7 all together

PS: @Bottom Hat
No, you can't - I'll be back.... 🤘

o7, take care Commander. We'll keep doing what we can.

I think everybody who got low fps now should reset settings to default, then configure, especially if you missed update 7.
As update 7 changed a lot there.

Elite - Dangerous (CLIENT) 27-Oct-21 21_04_02.jpg

This is a very small issue.

Step to produce:
Connect to multi-crew and switch to the external camera (view).

Overall I liked that Lighting has improved.

Top Bottom