Game Discussions The No Man's Sky Thread

Quite good fun today doing legs 2 and 3. I was going to only do one leg a day, but I'd already got most of the leg 3 milestones from leg 1. Also, I've purposely avoided watching any YouTube video or forum posts until after I've finished. Along the way, I got my suit and multi-tool maxed out and an A class fighter maxed out, though I missed an exotic by about I second. I was messing about to long at the trade terminal, and as I approached the balcony, I saw it sitting there, so I ran and lept over, only to see it take off as I was in mid-air . I also got the material teleporter thing and 10 storage rooms for my freighter, which makes things much easier.

I kicked myself for selling something that I got by surprise because I thought it would be useless, only to find that I needed it later and had to get it the hard way, and it's not easy to get it. There's a warning for you. If you get something easily that seems irrelevant, it might have been put into your possession deliberately. I now daren't sell anything until the expedition is over.

Quite good fun today doing legs 2 and 3. I was going to only do one leg a day, but I'd already got most of the leg 3 milestones from leg 1. Also, I've purposely avoided watching any YouTube video or forum posts until after I've finished. Along the way, I got my suit and multi-tool maxed out and an A class fighter maxed out, though I missed an exotic by about I second. I was messing about to long at the trade terminal, and as I approached the balcony, I saw it sitting there, so I ran and lept over, only to see it take off as I was in mid-air . I also got the material teleporter thing and 10 storage rooms for my freighter, which makes things much easier.

I kicked myself for selling something that I got by surprise because I thought it would be useless, only to find that I needed it later and had to get it the hard way, and it's not easy to get it. There's a warning for you. If you get something easily that seems irrelevant, it might have been put into your possession deliberately. I now daren't sell anything until the expedition is over.
I decided to store all items/rewards I got from the milestones, just in case. Had a feeling some of it might be important later.

Getting the ship of the ground wasn't exactly tricky, I just had no idea why I was doing it. I Had just started to build my first base when I realised a) I was nearly out of my 2 hours window and b)I have no clue what the reason is I'm doing this.

Maybe if this bit of text had appeared earlier than 6 min 38 sec then you would not have felt so bemused about the premise:

nms message.jpg

which is followed by:

nms message 2.jpg

There then of course follows some stuff for you to do to introduce controls and concepts, you know - a tutorial.

Last edited:
So what may of helped would of been a simple piece of dialogue. "Crumbs my head hurts what the hell happened, how did I get here". Now we're dangling a hook in the water. Don't you want to know what happened and how you got here....don't you want to find out who/what did this to you? Come on bite the hook, look its shiny and very tasty....

Without those words or something similar it just looks like they plonked you down on a random world without rhyme or reason.
I know many go anal with spoilers but finding out the why, how and whos is all the "story" of NMS is all about. Now sue me for that spoiler, I don't care.

Patches incoming... just incase you wonder why your web browser craps out..
https://www.nomanssky.com/2021/10/emergence-patch-3-71/
I was just going to post about this too. Several issues I've had are (hopefully, supposedly) fixed in this. Deleting a portal deletes a bunch of other surrounding objects (without giving full materials back), and sitting in the air in chairs has been a problem for a long while (since last expedition), and other problems. So I'm excited to get back in. Finished Expedition 4 the other day. Getting my very own flying worm pet that I can ride, totally worth it.
C7749BEF5A1111EC3A8753A1F9F18B0C6B07EC3F

It's a shame the pet worms fly so slow. I wonder if you can genetically engineer them to be faster.

I quite enjoyed how fast my robot pet carried me from place to place, never tried this with other "creatures".

BTW - Is it some sort of sick humour that made the weekend quicksilver mission gathering poo? Still, a fast and easy way to get some quicksilver.

I quite enjoyed how fast my robot pet carried me from place to place, never tried this with other "creatures".

BTW - Is it some sort of sick humour that made the weekend quicksilver mission gathering poo? Still, a fast and easy way to get some quicksilver.
LOL. Yeah, quite unusual mission. Had a bunch of Mordite that I "refined" to Crapite (as it used to be called), and mission done. Didn't take long time at all.

Yesterday, I discovered something about flying on pets. If the pet is on the ground when you climb on, it stays on the ground. The beatle just crawls along like a robot but the worm goes underground, which is not a very pleasant experience. In either case, you can jump off and wait for the pet to go airborne, then climb on again.

That's awesome news. Expeditions 3 & 4 were great, but I missed 1 & 2 due to not quite realising what expeditions were.

In fact since completing #4 I decided to restart the game afresh, and thoroughly enjoying it, moreso than in 2016. I've just found a paradise world which ticked a zillion boxes:
No sentinels or storms
Beautiful beach, lake, mountain and poolside location (must show screenies later)
Right next to trading post, outpost, crashed freighter, all within 500 units of new base
The trading post has the first Exotic ship I've found for this save
S class EM energy source within 200 units of base

It's like the jackpot of base locations, discovered after about 50 warps. For the first time, I intend to make a proper base with all the bells and whistles. :)

Top Bottom