Elite Dangerous: FSD Reward Module for Phase 2 Colonia Bridge Community Goal | Experimental Effects Revised

phase 1, phase 2 ...blah blah blah.

I remember when powerplay issues were identified like "hey, the powerplay people are all spawning in combat zones with no weapons" and it took over a month to get any action.

Some people cry about a couple extra ly's on an engineered FSD that only a fraction of players even had the chance to acquire and it's all hands on deck for an emergency fix in a couple days.

Spoiled. SPOILED you(pl) are.

Greetings Commanders.

Following very recent discussions had around modification issues with the latest Community Goal FSD reward (https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...mentals-follow-up.593785/page-22#post-9613457), I'm here to share the following update on developments since issues arose and imminent action to follow this evening:

FSD modules from the Phase 2 Colonia Bridge Community Goal will allow Experimental Effects to be applied to them for both Odyssey & Horizons Commanders.​

The deployment to enable this action comes with two caveats:
  • Commanders currently online will need to log out to the main menu and back in again before a sudden game client error that will appear (reported as a station services server error) goes away, once this deployment has been made.
  • Commanders who use engineering to apply a Special Effect will see in their UI that their level 5 double-engineered module gets reset down to level 1 or 2 of a normal engineering mod.
    • This is a cosmetic issue and goes away when you relog to the main menu again for the game to read changes in the server's database.
  • Please be careful to not try to use normal engineering on your frame shift drives, as you risk permanently losing their unique nature.

On hand to read continued thoughts and feedback.
Thank you all for the conversation previously on the matter and once again, apologies for frustration and inconveniences caused.

o7 Commanders.
Great news! FDev did the right thing - eventually. :)

Again, please bring the neg button back for posts like these :D I mean come on Facty, I'm all for a laugh but the forum can't handle a butthurt singularity of that magnitude.
popcorn.gif

Greetings Commanders.

Following very recent discussions had around modification issues with the latest Community Goal FSD reward (https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...mentals-follow-up.593785/page-22#post-9613457), I'm here to share the following update on developments since issues arose and imminent action to follow this evening:

FSD modules from the Phase 2 Colonia Bridge Community Goal will allow Experimental Effects to be applied to them for both Odyssey & Horizons Commanders.​

The deployment to enable this action comes with two caveats:
  • Commanders currently online will need to log out to the main menu and back in again before a sudden game client error that will appear (reported as a station services server error) goes away, once this deployment has been made.
  • Commanders who use engineering to apply a Special Effect will see in their UI that their level 5 double-engineered module gets reset down to level 1 or 2 of a normal engineering mod.
    • This is a cosmetic issue and goes away when you relog to the main menu again for the game to read changes in the server's database.
  • Please be careful to not try to use normal engineering on your frame shift drives, as you risk permanently losing their unique nature.

On hand to read continued thoughts and feedback.
Thank you all for the conversation previously on the matter and once again, apologies for frustration and inconveniences caused.

o7 Commanders.
Brilliant, thanks for your efforts in getting this sorted.

@sallymorganmoore - AWESOME !

Btw, I know it's not quite related, but it's also not too far off... given it is part of the same kind of UI.
Do you think it would be possible to display on a Stored Fighter Hangar the fighter that is currently 'coded' with it?

Right now, I travel in my carrier with 4 Fighter hangar, each with a different fighter but no way to know which is which...

Much love. o7

Top Bottom