Game Discussions Cyberpunk 2077 - official gameplay

Good grief aren't games meant to be fun?
What the hell is going on with this Braindance thing? I've run through this about ten times and still haven't got a clue. I put it on visual (which Judy asks me to do) but he just puts the pad in the draw and thats it, I'm just gets stuck there, you can't move on or escape out.

I love the look of Night City but this is way too complicated to be enjoyable.
Pad in the drawer?

Are you talking about the scene in the penthouse where you have to go forwards and backwards in the various modes a few times to get all the clues?

It helps (a lot) to remember that you're watching a recording - the pad screen isn't visible for too long, but you can pause the playback and then scan the pad. Visual mode wasn't necerssary for me, but that was one or two patches ago.

Also, take your time to look around - you may discover a goodie that can be useful for a surprisingly long time

His pistol - a custom build of one of the standard automatics, fully upgradeable.

In general though - yes. My main peeve with these sequences is that the clues only become available sequentially - you need to follow Judy's directions and can't just forward (or look at the later appearing clues in advance).

Spoiler probably.

Jackie dies, I've run through a few times but he always dies , then V is killed by Dexters bodyguard. Then it black screens and starts again with a completely different set of characters you haven't seen before and launches into some tower battle.

What is this? Is this supposed to happen? They spend all that time building this story and those characters and then just snuff the lot and start something else?

It's very off-putting, feels completely disjointed. It's this just a short diversion and we get V back?

What is this? Is this supposed to happen?
Yes.
It's very off-putting, feels completely disjointed.
😁
It's this just a short diversion and we get V back?
NkCmRcr.gif

It's very off-putting, feels completely disjointed. It's this just a short diversion and we get V back?

Yeah, that was the point where I lost interest in the game. I mean, it's supposed to be an RPG, but you are fixed into this 'V' character. Fine. But the way they did this... it just didn't work.

Sorry, I've no idea what happens next. Don't want to either, because I'll probably return to it someday.

Jackie dies, I've run through a few times but he always dies , then V is killed by Dexters bodyguard. Then it black screens and starts again with a completely different set of characters you haven't seen before and launches into some tower battle.
Did you at least read the text or listen to people talking, about the chip your character (V) plugged directly into his brains ? It's central to the plot. If you didnt understand it so far, it's going to get even more obscure for you as the whole plot (for the "main quest line" at least) revolves around that artifact and the whereabouts of people related to it. The first thing you see (that tower assault) is some kind of flashback, but happening in a cyberspace recreation of someone's memories (that persona inside the chip...).

What is this? Is this supposed to happen? They spend all that time building this story and those characters and then just snuff the lot and start something else?
An experimental neurochip that you just stole from a military-industrial mega corporation.
Yes, and it's not a good sign.
No. There's a new very important plot device, and that's the time they spent building the story for it, actually. Also the persona inside the chip is very important, too. As for Jackie, you'll get the opportunity to say your goodbyes.

Yes and no. It's cyberpunk: multiple levels of reality are to be expected from the genre. And yes, you get V back shortly, and more, as you'll see.

I'm sorely tempted to try this again and see if I can gel with the damn thing...for the 3rd time.

Theres not much else out at the moment that i want to put time into.

Anyone played it recently and found some love for it in updates etc?

I'm sorely tempted to try this again and see if I can gel with the damn thing...for the 3rd time.

I can only guess it depends how much you bought into the original hype behind the game. I picked it up a couple of weeks ago during a GOG sale and pretty much played nothing else for the next 180hrs of game time. I loved every minute (apart from the voice acting from the male V, his voice just grates at me), but there are still issues even to someone who never played at release.

Some odd graphical artefacts (usually resolved by a save-game restart) and the odd hard crash (more often when trying a katana/Mantis Blade V) Are their other bugs? Absolutely, very few caused any major grief for me.

You may never gel. I never have with the Witcher games, and I've lost track of how many times I 've tried those games.

There's incoming major update and/or DLC, due for the next quarter I believe. This may change quite a few things if you can wait until then. Otherwise I had a blast finishing it twice (and with a completionist approach), but I never subscribed to the hype train so I had no specific expectations.

I can only guess it depends how much you bought into the original hype behind the game. I picked it up a couple of weeks ago during a GOG sale and pretty much played nothing else for the next 180hrs of game time. I loved every minute (apart from the voice acting from the male V, his voice just grates at me), but there are still issues even to someone who never played at release.

Some odd graphical artefacts (usually resolved by a save-game restart) and the odd hard crash (more often when trying a katana/Mantis Blade V) Are their other bugs? Absolutely, very few caused any major grief for me.

You may never gel. I never have with the Witcher games, and I've lost track of how many times I 've tried those games.

I loved the Witcher games played those to death. You're right about the hype, after seeing what did with Witcher series it was a non brainer for me to get this.
I cant really put my finger on why this hasn't properly gripped me, I suppose it's a mixture of lots of small things.

I played it when it first came out but I played it on Google Stadia, which was basically glitch free and ran well because cloud gaming, and I absolutely loved it from start to finish, all 70+ hours that I was playing it. If it’s been patched enough to run well on your platform of choice, I’d say go for it. From everything I’ve read about the updates, though, it doesn’t seem like there have been any deep fundamental changes to the story or the design so far. If your disinterest is more fundamental, more based on the design or the setting rather than the bugs/glitches; you might want to write the game off altogether and forget about it for the foreseeable future. Maybe someday CDPR will release a big story/world expansion for the game, but it seems like it might be a long time from now if it ever happens at all, and by all accounts the backlash from the launch has destroyed the company, so I’m not at all optimistic about a Witcher 3 style post-release series of dlcs.

I played it when it first came out but I played it on Google Stadia, which was basically glitch free and ran well because cloud gaming, and I absolutely loved it from start to finish, all 70+ hours that I was playing it. If it’s been patched enough to run well on your platform of choice, I’d say go for it. From everything I’ve read about the updates, though, it doesn’t seem like there have been any deep fundamental changes to the story or the design so far. If your disinterest is more fundamental, more based on the design or the setting rather than the bugs/glitches; you might want to write the game off altogether and forget about it for the foreseeable future. Maybe someday CDPR will release a big story/world expansion for the game, but it seems like it might be a long time from now if it ever happens at all, and by all accounts the backlash from the launch has destroyed the company, so I’m not at all optimistic about a Witcher 3 style post-release series of dlcs.
PC version was basically glitch free. They mingled in the patches and it got worse for me until I updated the gfx drivers. Now, the game saw a bit balance, fixes of perks that didn't work and a streamlining of the crafting which should allow more diversity and ease of use. The Peralez mission chain, however, it hates me and keeps bugging out or crashing on me.
Overall the game is good. A wow effect when you see the city. It has good soundtrack, visuals. Combat feels crisp to sluggish depending on difficulty and bullet sponge but past a breakpoint it is mostly trivial. Don't get hit is maxime, armour doesn't make you a tank and hacking is very powerful to OP. Story is nothing to write home about but a rock solid staple of CP lore and even beginners can get into it well.
Characters are well-designed, Jackie is really awesome and available from start. You run solo most the time in open world but in missions you see backup sometimes. Side missions range from standard Open World fare to quite nicely crafted quests - almost Witcher 3 grade but far, far fewer in number I'd say. And no contracts. There is some similar - the Cyberpsycho Hunt but really it doesn't compare well at all to the Witcher contracts. The Lilith Cyberpsycho was really good, super eerie and creepy. Do it at night. It's Night City after all. You should probably do it all after dark, day is for groceries. Night for party time.

I installed it a few nights ago, for the third time, I'm geling with it more this time overall, I'm not sure if this is because they've patched it up a bit or just I decided to play a bit differently.

I just feel that it lacks the "certain something" that their pinnacle title Witcher 3 had. This feels too open worldy to me, I might aswell be playing any other title with the usual open world "impersonal" cookie cutter feel to the activities. Witcher 3 was also open world yet they managed to make it feel far better than this does.
Overall I think CDP bit off far more than they could chew with this title, devoted a lot of time getting it to where it is. I think to do it justice it needed another 2 years in development but timely releases and money are the barriers.
I think some of my criticism comes down to the setting, it just feels wrong somehow, I'm no big fan of the setting in general but I'd kind of expected that after Witcher series they could pull off the same magic and make it a classic.

I installed it a few nights ago, for the third time, I'm geling with it more this time overall, I'm not sure if this is because they've patched it up a bit or just I decided to play a bit differently.

I just feel that it lacks the "certain something" that their pinnacle title Witcher 3 had. This feels too open worldy to me, I might aswell be playing any other title with the usual open world "impersonal" cookie cutter feel to the activities. Witcher 3 was also open world yet they managed to make it feel far better than this does.
Overall I think CDP bit off far more than they could chew with this title, devoted a lot of time getting it to where it is. I think to do it justice it needed another 2 years in development but timely releases and money are the barriers.
I think some of my criticism comes down to the setting, it just feels wrong somehow, I'm no big fan of the setting in general but I'd kind of expected that after Witcher series they could pull off the same magic and make it a classic.
I think the difference is:
Thew world is urban - and while it's pretty good, the nature of cities and their densities means they are a pain to fill with content and much of it is just backdrop and non-interactable. Buildings you cant enter and that.
The missions just aren't fleshed out so much and while there are good side missions - they just are fewer than in W3.

You get a strong main arc and a couple strong side missions and the rest is more or less standard open world fare.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator

For me the world is a bit too colourful. It makes sense really, but I always imaingned the setting more grim and dark. And it is, on non-visual level, but it's a little too candy visually for me.

Maybe try finding a ReShade that will make it look a bit more grim?

Also, I have a ton of mods installed for it that add/fix/improve a lot of different stuff, from things like hotkey for weapon holster, UI improvement or better vehicle handling to more gameplay related things like making street vendors actual vendors to interact with, better enemy and police AI or some background info on scanned NPC's or a simple flashlight :)

The mods made the game actually amazing for me.

Doubt that you speak Polish :D but if you do, I have this tutorial series on YouTube where I'm talking about all the mods I'm using. Only just started with the very basics of modding covered, but I'll be adding to it.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOPtg4pOlSo&list=PLOq1KPuGCTMYA5FirxkeitXEAdyYcRDoA

For me the world is a bit too colourful. It makes sense really, but I always imaingned the setting more grim and dark. And it is, on non-visual level, but it's a little too candy visually for me.

Maybe try finding a ReShade that will make it look a bit more grim?

I actually like the colourfulness of it. It's a good background social commentary that there is so much apparent deprivation, drug use, and poverty - but everywhere you look there are bright neon signs and adverts that belie the underlying truth. It's a good juxtaposition, and a strong point of the game's narrative for me.

Also, I have a ton of mods installed for it that add/fix/improve a lot of different stuff, from things like hotkey for weapon holster, UI improvement or better vehicle handling to more gameplay related things like making street vendors actual vendors to interact with, better enemy and police AI or some background info on scanned NPC's or a simple flashlight :)

The mods made the game actually amazing for me.

Doubt that you speak Polish :D but if you do, I have this tutorial series on YouTube where I'm talking about all the mods I'm using. Only just started with the very basics of modding covered, but I'll be adding to it.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOPtg4pOlSo&list=PLOq1KPuGCTMYA5FirxkeitXEAdyYcRDoA

Sadly I speak no Polish. :( Is there any chance you could link some of the mods you use?

Same here - I was pen&paper role player. I always imagined it grey and gritty. Rainy, dark. Like Bladerunner. Akira. Those are my visual keys. But it's a different artistic vision and as such I accept it. Jackson's LotR was different than I imagined from Tolkien's books, too.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
I actually like the colourfulness of it. It's a good background social commentary that there is so much apparent deprivation, drug use, and poverty - but everywhere you look there are bright neon signs and adverts that belie the underlying truth. It's a good juxtaposition, and a strong point of the game's narrative for me.

Sadly I speak no Polish. :( Is there any chance you could link some of the mods you use?
Here are all of the mods I use currently :) Sadly Vortex can't export the list (WHY NEXUS, WHY?! such a crucial functionality...) so best I can do is screenshots. The top 4 are extenders and frameworks for other mods to work correctly.

1638547459609.png

1638547554361.png

1638547572529.png

There's a lot of them, but they really enhance the game and make it quite amazing.

Here are all of the mods I use currently :) Sadly Vortex can't export the list (WHY NEXUS, WHY?! such a crucial functionality...) so best I can do is screenshots. The top 4 are extenders and frameworks for other mods to work correctly.

There's a lot of them, but they really enhance the game and make it quite amazing.

Thanks for that. I'll try installing them this weekend. :)

BTW, just an FYI, you can export the modlist from Vortex. At the top of your mod list, the end button that looks a bit like an 'eye' lets you do it. It creates a JSON file with all your mods for a particular game or all games. You can open this in Notepad and edit to suit. It's in JSON, because it also stores the Nexus ids etc for them, so you can literally repopulate a list of mods with one file.

nexus.jpg

Top Bottom