Elite Dangerous: FSD Reward Module for Phase 2 Colonia Bridge Community Goal | Experimental Effects Revised

It's a bit off topic, but is there any chance the Engineered Enzyme Missile Rack could have its DOT damage properly buffed?

The unengineered module does 5 explosive damage on impact, and about 90 caustic damage over the next 60 seconds.

The engineered version is supposed to have +50% damage, but all it did was take the impact damage from 5 to 7.5, while leaving the caustic damage at 90, so instead of +50% damage, it's closer to +2.6% damage bonus.

Look, if you and Danger Bunny don't leave off about the hull mass on the Anaconda, Imma go full Bazmeson on the both of you. My Paper Jumper best have 80+ ly's when I log on tonight or I'm dropping 720t of biowaste all over both your carriers!

No - my stuphz horde!

Do you have a solution for those explorers though that would get stuck on the fringes in Anacondas that suddenly won't jump as far anymore ? I'm all for normalising the Conda hull mass. Maybe it could be done by adjusting each and every one of them when they dock at the next station.

They can all asphyxiate and do. Especially as it was sarcasm.

It's a bit off topic, but is there any chance the Engineered Enzyme Missile Rack could have its DOT damage properly buffed?

The unengineered module does 5 explosive damage on impact, and about 90 caustic damage over the next 60 seconds.

The engineered version is supposed to have +50% damage, but all it did was take the impact damage from 5 to 7.5, while leaving the caustic damage at 90, so instead of +50% damage, it's closer to +2.6% damage bonus.

Get out.

I genuinely wonder if these were supposed to work through shields but no one ever noticed they didn't.

Greetings Commanders.

Following very recent discussions had around modification issues with the latest Community Goal FSD reward (https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...mentals-follow-up.593785/page-22#post-9613457), I'm here to share the following update on developments since issues arose and imminent action to follow this evening:

FSD modules from the Phase 2 Colonia Bridge Community Goal will allow Experimental Effects to be applied to them for both Odyssey & Horizons Commanders.​

The deployment to enable this action comes with two caveats:
  • Commanders currently online will need to log out to the main menu and back in again before a sudden game client error that will appear (reported as a station services server error) goes away, once this deployment has been made.
  • Commanders who use engineering to apply a Special Effect will see in their UI that their level 5 double-engineered module gets reset down to level 1 or 2 of a normal engineering mod.
    • This is a cosmetic issue and goes away when you relog to the main menu again for the game to read changes in the server's database.
  • Please be careful to not try to use normal engineering on your frame shift drives, as you risk permanently losing their unique nature.

On hand to read continued thoughts and feedback.
Thank you all for the conversation previously on the matter and once again, apologies for frustration and inconveniences caused.

o7 Commanders.
Sally,

Now that the storm is over. What's Frontier stance on applying experimental to future double engineered modules?

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Sally,

Now that the storm is over. What's Frontier stance on applying experimental to future double engineered modules?

Right now? I can hardly remember my home address...

Will pop out a proper like..."clear things up" info thing in the 'as near as poss future'. In short though, we're not doing anything drastic at all, it all blew quite out of proportion from what was a dust cloud accidentally (not maliciously) kicked up.

We do still need to fix the server error thing moving forward and be clearer IF stuff can't be tweaked...but I need a sleep first.
Lil breath.

I fail to understand why one could risk losing the double engineering status permanently. Doesn't look like edge cases have been considered thorougly.

I fail to understand why one could risk losing the double engineering status permanently. Doesn't look like edge cases have been considered thorougly.
It is describing accurately how the system behaves with stale data in the client and more recent data on the server, and only appears to affect players logged in while the server side change occurs.

Sometimes the best way to manage an edge case is to tell people how to deal with it, rather than over-engineering the solution (no pun intended).

Will pop out a proper like..."clear things up" info thing in the 'as near as poss future'. In short though, we're not doing anything drastic at all, it all blew quite out of proportion from what was a dust cloud accidentally (not maliciously) kicked up.
Thank you for clearing things up and staying on top of things. Keeping the community updated is very much appreciated.

A thought for the future: a clear indicator/tag on the module that it is sourced from a CG as a reward. While I don't throw things away casually, it would be a shame to lose hard earned or nearly unique items otherwise.

Cheers!

Right now? I can hardly remember my home address...

We do still need to fix the server error thing moving forward and be clearer IF stuff can't be tweaked...but I need a sleep first.
Lil breath.
You are the best. Tough I have to say it's too late to be working and replying to strangers on the forums ;)
Get some sleep!

Top Bottom