Game Discussions The No Man's Sky Thread

Last edited:
Nothing new in the new game options. Sorry guys this might end up being fake news or a hoax.

No it seems genuine enough, Sean says:

Last edited:
Nothing new in the new game options. Sorry guys this might end up being fake news or a hoax.

They've maybe not been activated yet. Eurogamer is pretty reliable most of the time. For those who can't open the link, the relevant bit is quoted below.

All four Expeditions will be cycled back into No Man's Sky in chronological order, with players having two weeks to complete each one before before it makes way for the next. Expedition 1 (Pioneers) will be available from tomorrow, 24th November, until 7th December, and the Normandy is up for grabs again as part of Expedition 2, returning from 8th-21st December. Expedition 3 (Cartographers) is back between 22nd December and 4th January, and Expedition 4 (Emergence) makes a big, noisy entrance from 5th-19th January.

"This marks the end of 2021," writes Hello Games, "which has been another busy year for our small team, as we celebrated No Man's Sky's 5th anniversary with four major updates! This now takes us to 17 large releases, as well as countless smaller updates, community requests, and hotfixes...We are very proud to have been on this adventure with you, and humbled that we are able to continue taking No Man's Sky to new and exciting places...Already work has started on some exciting plans for 2022 and there are no signs of us slowing."

In a way, I think they could have these expeditions available all the time, or do what they're doing now, restarting them once a year, because there will be new players coming in over time who would like to do them.

Last edited:
Updates in coming...
6.6GB for PS4
So that might explain the delay.... in restarting EXP1..

As a one off, we wanted to give people who missed out on any of this year’s expeditions another chance to experience the unique challenges and rewards they offered over this Thanksgiving and Christmas period, when life slows down a bit and hopefully gives us all more free time! We’ve even managed to bring back the Normandy as a reward for those who missed out, which I know so many have asked for.

Last edited:
Expedition #1 started... here we go. :)

Plenty of other players (and their ships), even on GOG...

aaa1.jpg

Expedition #1 started... here we go. :)

Plenty of other players (and their ships), even on GOG...

View attachment 276929

Yeah - and it was only when I was most of the way back down from there that I remembered you can refine condensed carbon so didn't need to go hunting for it. Back up that darn mountain again!

Neat that you can get rewards from milestones out of sequence - now I am in that S-class explorer already and not even finished phase 1.

Each expedition will run for two weeks, and they have been tweaked to account for this shorter time window. Each expedition has also been given a new starting planet and route through the galaxy...

They have been made very easy compared to the first edition of EXP1 V1... argh... EXP 1 V2 is way easier....

Hum
Yep, this is the end goal free ship on the right... You can import the ship into the next expos, once you jump from the first system which gives you access to the anomaly which let you access this reward ...
Yes you have to bin a ship if your stock is full... Thats bad...
FFDJiPHXoAEO9h-

Hum
Yep, this is the end goal free ship on the right... You can import the ship into the next expos, once you jump from the first system which gives you access to the anomaly which let you access this reward ...
Yes you have to bin a ship if your stock is full... Thats bad...
FFDJiPHXoAEO9h-
I'd rather have the one on the left.

Each expedition will run for two weeks, and they have been tweaked to account for this shorter time window. Each expedition has also been given a new starting planet and route through the galaxy...

They have been made very easy compared to the first edition of EXP1 V1... argh... EXP 1 V2 is way easier....

I'm curious. Do you know what the changes are (approximately) compared to the original? Or does anyone else know?

I note the "new" Exp 1 still seems quite time consuming, as I see they require fleet expeditions and growing/harvesting flora - all with considerable wait times. I suspect the original expedition required more of each?

Top Bottom