Odyssey sales potential on console

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I think it’s important to criticize and call out the issues. We’re allowed to share opinions, but he’s also right that criticism has been frowned upon since day one of this game. Especially on these forums. Tbh I think a lot of the mods feel the burn now too though, after all these years of watching a very slow development train wreck.
The problem is most of the criticism is justified, the mods don't stop harassment and bullying from PC players towards console players, but console players will get banned from asking about the console release too much. the community management team stopped being our voice at Fdev and just started copy and pasting whatever fdev want them to talk about, not what the community are actually asking about. they are basically a marketing team with a podcast.

Arthur keeps saying he would rather give bad news than no news, but then flat out refuses to interact with the console community.
what questions are they asking fdev about the console version?
who are they asking?
what are the console team doing now and what have they been doing the last year?
why can't fdev split the bgs so PC players cant affect the console and remove the problem with a delayed-release date?
It really is time that everyone at Fdev should stop and reorganise because this situation is good for anyone and they are making it worse for themselves and the community.

well good for you, the rest of us that had ED from day one want access to the game they supported for years and the company benefitted from it. the company is falling, it has no respect among the console community anymore and they need to start doing better. if ship interiors can be talked about every week on their show so can the console version. at this point, you are coming across as a troll trying to get a rise out of console players. your point would have been valid 2 months ago but now it is just a disgrace. if you can spend money and time adding new content that isn't essential whilst not working on the console version, then Fdev needs to priorities what they are doing. Look at what NMS has done in a quarter of the time. they went from being a joke to mike dropping Fdev with their frontier update across all systems (same day) and added everything Fdev had promised and more (with fewer developers).

So, i'm a troll because i want them to release a decent Odyssey on consoles and i dont mind giving them enough time for that.
Ok. 🤷‍♂️

no you're a troll because you managed to hit all the points PC trolls have hit every time and have been shot down, we can't know what state the console version is in or could be in because they stopped work on it. It's never going to get a decent release if they don't work on it. a dev diary or a roadmap cost nothing and would smooth a lot of issues. hell give it to us as a beta or preview program version of the game I would be the first and loudest to tell people to back down and let them work at it and be happy with what we have, but I can't do that because we have nothing because everyone is too busy working out the next emote.

It remains an issue that will continue to fuel discussion. There is a lack of concrete information and plans from FD for the consoles. This problem is likely to take fatal revenge this Christmas. It will be the night of the living dead. Thargoid bio-weapons will hit large parts of the inhabited systems and start the plague. The beginning of the end... It was an honor... Lost contact...

Certainly as much as the post from JaxBlaze right above mine, but it's OK, I know you have a very one-eyed policy when it comes to policing threads.

You might want to be careful with that though, I believe encouraging people to stay on topic doesn't always go over well with the mods for some reason.

The thread isn't about me, it's about the unprecedented sales trends of the new generation of consoles, the existing console player base, and how that might play into Frontier's decisions about developing Odyssey (or not).

I'm not sure why It's being seen as an excuse to stoke a PC vs console war - that serves nothing except to detract from the actual subject.

The thread isn't about me, it's about the unprecedented sales trends of the new generation of consoles, the existing console player base, and how that might play into Frontier's decisions about developing Odyssey (or not).

I'm not sure why It's being seen as an excuse to stoke a PC vs console war - that serves nothing except to detract from the actual subject.
You'd have to ask whoever you feel is stoking a PC vs console war about that because it sure as hell isn't me. As I've pointed out repeatedly.

I didn't say it was you , and I'm not asking anyone, because I'm not interested. I'd rather talk about the subject tbh because that's what I'm interested in.
You were replying to a post I made. You frakking quoted it! Now who's trolling?

In short, stop the passive aggressive digs.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom