This Next DLC is Make or Break

JWE2 makes me hopeful for the future in my opinion. Aviaries, aquariums, and behavior would all be game changing for me personally. I want to build beluga habitats in my arctic areas and see Bald Eagles in my North American trails next to Sea Lions that bark way too much. That magic isn’t lost on me. I want an elephant that is more territorial than the rest and a zebra that is more sickly and always at the vet. All those things bring life to my zoos. I would love to have old ZT2 challenge mode challenges in PZ’s franchise mode to make our zoos feel even more alive and connected to a bigger world. An Earthquake hitting our zoo and we have to repair, you having to take picks for an ad, you trading species with another zoo, you borrowing a world famous dolphin to promote your zoo, you having a celebrity visit your zoo and you have to impress them, and you having your workers go on strike so you need to hire a strike team. Sounds incredible right? Guess what, that’s all from zt2 a game released in 2004. PZ needs this. I need my zoos to feel alive.

JWE2 makes me hopeful for the future in my opinion. Aviaries, aquariums, and behavior would all be game changing for me personally. I want to build beluga habitats in my arctic areas and see Bald Eagles in my North American trails next to Sea Lions that bark way too much. That magic isn’t lost on me. I want an elephant that is more territorial than the rest and a zebra that is more sickly and always at the vet. All those things bring life to my zoos. I would love to have old ZT2 challenge mode challenges in PZ’s franchise mode to make our zoos feel even more alive and connected to a bigger world. An Earthquake hitting our zoo and we have to repair, you having to take picks for an ad, you trading species with another zoo, you borrowing a world famous dolphin to promote your zoo, you having a celebrity visit your zoo and you have to impress them, and you having your workers go on strike so you need to hire a strike team. Sounds incredible right? Guess what, that’s all from zt2 a game released in 2004. PZ needs this. I need my zoos to feel alive.
I really like your ideas! I played ZT2 when I was younger but I’m sure not as much as some of the people on here. I certainly don’t remember these challenges, probably because I only played in sandbox/unlimited mode. A big thing that I would appreciate would be animals getting injuries/sick randomly. For example, a guest throws a cup into an exhibit and an animal chokes on it and becomes ill, or an animal like a Red Panda has to go to the vet because it has a foot infection from climbing around, ya know these issues don’t just occur with two animals involved. And I’m the guy who plays on sandbox but keeps animal welfare on, so I would enjoy this setting as another option you can toggle, which I would toggle on.

I really like your ideas! I played ZT2 when I was younger but I’m sure not as much as some of the people on here. I certainly don’t remember these challenges, probably because I only played in sandbox/unlimited mode. A big thing that I would appreciate would be animals getting injuries/sick randomly. For example, a guest throws a cup into an exhibit and an animal chokes on it and becomes ill, or an animal like a Red Panda has to go to the vet because it has a foot infection from climbing around, ya know these issues don’t just occur with two animals involved. And I’m the guy who plays on sandbox but keeps animal welfare on, so I would enjoy this setting as another option you can toggle, which I would toggle on.
As far as I know animals can get sick from guest food already. And they can get randomly ill with parasites and other infections. They get rarely ill, though. I have illnesses always on.

I barely notice it if they do get sick randomly. Also not a lot of guests throw food in the habitat cause I put don’t feed signs but even when I don’t I only noticed it once when someone threw a burger in a wolf habitat

Animals can definitely get sick but having the diseases researched, clean habitats, animals with high immunity and putting them through quarantine can all decrease the likelihood of illnesses, and as mentioned, eating guest food thrown in can affect the food nutrition, which can also lead to being sick and needing vet care. Though I also agree it doesn't seem to happen that often, or if it does I'm not sure the animals automatically get sick. I've only had to deal with that a handful of times.

Injuries can happen but I think it's just from fights. Though I could be wrong on that.

As far as I know animals can get sick from guest food already. And they can get randomly ill with parasites and other infections. They get rarely ill, though. I have illnesses always on.
I guess I just never realized it. I guess it shows how often I make a complete zoo and have animals around for a while lol😂

I have to disagree respectably with you on PZ being down. I’ll admit I don’t regularly post much anymore in the forums. I haven’t played PZ in awhile and yes YouTube content seems down as well. Which is expected tbh. But this all being said the dlc content still sells magnificently not to mention generates a ton of hype. So imo PZ is still very much still relevant. Due to time issues and being busy being the only reason I haven’t played lately. I’d still recommend the game to anyone interested and also go as far to call it the best game out there atm.

I have the feeling that the worst PZ enemy, and the joy killer is the path system, fix it and it may dont block the interest in new players, and the option to resize stuffs.

Those are non-animal related game changers to me.
That and...the issues with terrain. "Uneven terrain" "Terrain modification failed".

Also, the grid system can be both the best and worst thing at the same time.

I think the option to resize things would be potentially gamechanging, especially for builders.

The previous and on-going revenue of the game is literally the only thing that matters to a company measuring the success of its games.
That's not what I asked.
I asked what YOU use as a measure of success.

A company is there to make money. Their "success" measure isn't really truthful to what most people would consider success.

I ask again... who is more successful... a car company that makes 10 cars a year but charges £1 million per vehicle or the one that produces cheap and cheerful cars that get people from A to B. The main reason for people owning a car is to get from A to B isn't it? If a company brings a vehicle to the masses but has just £1 in the bank, I'd say it's more successful at the true aim of producing cars.
Financial riches isn't important if the aim is to get most people using YOUR product, which is an effective marketing tool for the masses. Most people are not going to buy / be able to afford a Tesla so it's market is very small. Prestige level is very high, supposedly but there is a thing called over-engineering. At the end of the day, it's still just a car. Marketeers will try and convince you different and that's why it's (supposedly) worth an arm and a leg to own that particular vehicle. But it's all just to make you feel special and like you're unique and want to buy. Every company wants to make money, from theme parks to Jimmy on the corner selling hot dogs.

If how much money someone has defines how YOU measure success then that's sad to read.

That's not what I asked.
I asked what YOU use as a measure of success.

A company is there to make money. Their "success" measure isn't really truthful to what most people would consider success.

I ask again... who is more successful... a car company that makes 10 cars a year but charges £1 million per vehicle or the one that produces cheap and cheerful cars that get people from A to B. The main reason for people owning a car is to get from A to B isn't it? If a company brings a vehicle to the masses but has just £1 in the bank, I'd say it's more successful at the true aim of producing cars.
Financial riches isn't important if the aim is to get most people using YOUR product, which is an effective marketing tool for the masses. Most people are not going to buy / be able to afford a Tesla so it's market is very small. Prestige level is very high, supposedly but there is a thing called over-engineering. At the end of the day, it's still just a car. Marketeers will try and convince you different and that's why it's (supposedly) worth an arm and a leg to own that particular vehicle. But it's all just to make you feel special and like you're unique and want to buy. Every company wants to make money, from theme parks to Jimmy on the corner selling hot dogs.

If how much money someone has defines how YOU measure success then that's sad to read.
The purpose of this discussion is to speculate whether PZ will get support and dlcs in the future, and for how long.

In order to get future support, the only measure that matters is the profitability of previous dlcs. If your engagement with the game is watching youtube videos, good for you, but it has no effect on the future of the game as it is not a measure that matters to Frontier (or players which don'twatch videos but do play the game).

The purpose of this discussion is to speculate whether PZ will get support and dlcs in the future, and for how long.

In order to get future support, the only measure that matters is the profitability of previous dlcs. If your engagement with the game is watching youtube videos, good for you, but it has no effect on the future of the game as it is not a measure that matters to Frontier (or players which don'twatch videos but do play the game).
This. So much this.

And to add, for the ones in the last row that did not hear: Profitably = a game makes more money than what it costs to develop it.
Now, anything between +1 $ and 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 $ (you get the picture) is proftable. It's up to the company to decide what percentage oof profit they want to make with a game.

What players do, and that is a totally subjective measurement, is counting value. For some the game might not be worth their money, when not XX Youtubers aren't playing it along with them. For others (like me) a 10 € DLC is already of good value if I get 2 hours of fun out of it. And as much as I love to watch YouTube content of PZ, I could not care less if content creators will still play this game when support ends, when it turns 3 years or 30. I will play it as long as it is technically possible and after that I will search for workarounds to still play it.

I’ve just been on Frontier’s website and they are advertising in the careers section for a new Planet Zoo Producer specifically. This makes me think we have DLC’s and updates to come for a while yet!

I can only speak for myself but, I keep coming back here and there to try it out again, but the complete lack of a player market for most animals dries up my desire to play this game rapidly. I had a great time when the game first came out, but the inability to meaningfully engage in the breeding system just kills it for me. I stopped buying animal packs for this reason. There's a bunch of em for sale at first but everything that doesn't breed like dogs or whatever the fotm is, just evaporates.

Top Bottom