Updated Permit List

...Yep, definitely 20ly limit now. Got the Jotun permit at the megaship, then did some testing with the Brotherhood of Terra Mater. Permit mission visible at Wolf 12 (18.69ly from Terra Mater), but not at Yen Ti (20.4ly).

Does the Mbooni permit (from the megaship) working finally?
SUCCESS!

vdIyAG3.jpg

56Bgq9T.jpg

MqG2bTZ.jpg

Little edit to my previous post. I bought Odyssey today.
In the EDO, Silver Legal Group at Grasp of Unity megaship is offering HIP 54530 system permit. In Horizons isn't permit acquisition opportunity. When I relog back from Odyssey to the Horizons or exit game, HIP 54530 system permit is revoked. To obtaining that permit I must again complete permit acquisition opportunity mission at Grasp of Unity in Odyssey.
When I tried jump into HIP 54530 system, I got Black Adder error.

Attachments

• Odyssey - HIP 54530 permit acquision opportunity.jpg
    Odyssey - HIP 54530 permit acquision opportunity.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 76
  • Odyssey - permit list with HIP 54530.jpg
    Odyssey - permit list with HIP 54530.jpg
    600.1 KB · Views: 76
  • Horizons - Silver Legal Group missions.jpg
    Horizons - Silver Legal Group missions.jpg
    462.7 KB · Views: 82
  • Horizons - HIP 54530 revoked.jpg
    Horizons - HIP 54530 revoked.jpg
    470.9 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
What is currently the maximum number of accesses?
If you mean how many systems need a permit, then I have this list (what I've been working from personally, hence the annotations):
Code:
Systems That Need A Permit (45 Systems)
=======================================
* = Obtained.  27 of 30 systems.
X = Starter area.  10 systems.
- = Unobtainable at this time.  5 systems.
D = Allied, awaiting permit mission acceptance.
---------------------------------------
https://elite-dangerous.fandom.com/wiki/Permits
Handing in exploration data can get you to allied.
Hand in at a station controlled by the issuing faction.
Can vary depending on faction and faction state! 4-18 MCr possible.

- 4 Sextantis - 4 Sextantis Inc. - Currently unobtainable?
* Achenar - Imperial Rank 4 Squire.
* Alioth - Alioth Independents. 'Meredith's Dream' Megaship, Alcor
X Azoth - Part of the starter area.
* Beta Hydri - Federal Rank 5 Chief Petty Officer.
  CD-43 11917 - Prestige rank in CQC.
- CD-44 1695 - Movement for CD-44 1695 Values Party? Currently unobtainable.
* Crom - Crom Silver Boys. 'The Silver Cove' Megaship, 69 G. Carinae
X Dromi - Part of the starter area.
* Exbeur - Federal Rank 8 Lieutenant.
* Facece - Imperial Rank 10 Earl.
* HIP 22460 - Scan Listening Post (beacon) in Synuefe GB-O C9-8. Use explorer ship, it's 661.83LY from Sol.
* HIP 54530 - Silver Legal Group minor faction in Ts'ao Tach.
* Hodack - Hodack Prison Colony. 'Varuna's Pledge' Megaship, Pemoeri
* Hors - Federal Rank 10 Post commander.
* Isinor - Chapter of Isinor. Contains a persistent Convoy Beacon orbiting the ELW of Maodun.
* Jotun - Dukes of Jotun.
X Lia Fail - Part of the starter area.
- LFT 509 - Currently unobtainable.
D LTT 198 - Torval Mining Ltd. Megaship in EGM 559, after faction change (09-10-21). Berhe Astrophysics Facility UC.
D Luyten 205-128 - Revolutionary Luyten 205-128 Coalition. LHS 449 Choo Biochemical Institution has UC small pads!
* Luyten 347-14 - Luyten 347-14 Prison Colony. 'Warden's Oath' Megaship, Narenses
X Matet - Part of the starter area.
* Mbooni - Taurus Mining Ventures. Participate in one of story missions/CG's when they are available?
- Mingfu - Revolutionary Mingfu Labour. Currently unobtainable.
* Nastrond - Defence Party of Nastrond. 'The People's Vigil' Megaship, Wonorne Nu
X Orna - Part of the starter area.
X Otegine - Part of the starter area.
* Peregrina - Peregrina Aristocrats - Use megaship Peregrina Gateway in HIP 18609 since 14-10-21.
* Pi Mensae - Pi Mensae Brotherhood. 'Shephard of the Mighty' Megaship, LP 91-140
* PLX 695 - Federal Rank 6 Warrant Officer
* Ross 128 - Federal Rank 7 Ensign.
X Sharur - Part of the starter area.
* Shinrata Dezhra - Achieve Elite rank in any category.
* Sirius - Sirius Corporation.
* Sol - Federal Rank 4 Petty Officer.
* Summerland - Imperial Rank 7 Baron.
X Tarnkappe - Part of the starter area.
* Terra Mater - Brotherhood of Terra Mater. 'Daunting Hammer' Megaship, Hecate
* Tiliala - Conservatives of Tiliala or The black Fleet.
X Tyet - Part of the starter area.
* van Maanen's Star - Sublime Order of van Maanen's Star. 'Shadows Endurant' Megaship, Epsilon Eridani
* Vega - Federal Rank 5 Chief Petty Officer.
- Witch's Reach - Currently unobtainable.
X Wolfsegen - Part of the starter area.

This doesn't include areas of space outside the bubble.

Hope that helps. :)

Last edited:
If you mean how many systems need a permit, then I have this list (what I've been working from personally, hence the annotations):
Code:
Systems That Need A Permit (45 Systems)
* = Obtained.  27 of 30 systems.
X = Starter area.  10 systems.
- = Unobtainable at this time.  5 systems.
D = Allied, awaiting permit mission acceptance.
https://elite-dangerous.fandom.com/wiki/Permits
Handing in exploration data can get you to allied.
Hand in at a station controlled by the issuing faction.
Can vary depending on faction and faction state! 4-18 MCr possible.

* Achenar - Imperial Rank 4 Squire.
* Alioth - Alioth Independents. 'Meredith's Dream' Megaship, Alcor
X Azoth - Part of the starter area.
* Beta Hydri - Federal Rank 5 Chief Petty Officer.
  CD-43 11917 - Prestige rank in CQC.
* Crom - Crom Silver Boys. 'The Silver Cove' Megaship, 69 G. Carinae
X Dromi - Part of the starter area.
* Exbeur - Federal Rank 8 Lieutenant.
* Facece - Imperial Rank 10 Earl.
* HIP 22460 - Scan Listening Post (beacon) in Synuefe GB-O C9-8. Use explorer ship, it's 661.83LY from Sol.
* HIP 54530 - Silver Legal Group minor faction in Ts'ao Tach.
* Hodack - Hodack Prison Colony. 'Varuna's Pledge' Megaship, Pemoeri
* Hors - Federal Rank 10 Post commander.
* Isinor - Chapter of Isinor. Contains a persistent Convoy Beacon orbiting the ELW of Maodun.
* Jotun - Dukes of Jotun.
X Lia Fail - Part of the starter area.
D LTT 198 - Torval Mining Ltd. Megaship in EGM 559, after faction change (09-10-21). Berhe Astrophysics Facility UC.
D Luyten 205-128 - Revolutionary Luyten 205-128 Coalition. LHS 449 Choo Biochemical Institution has UC small pads!
* Luyten 347-14 - Luyten 347-14 Prison Colony. 'Warden's Oath' Megaship, Narenses
X Matet - Part of the starter area.
* Mbooni - Taurus Mining Ventures. Participate in one of story missions/CG's when they are available?
* Nastrond - Defence Party of Nastrond. 'The People's Vigil' Megaship, Wonorne Nu
X Orna - Part of the starter area.
X Otegine - Part of the starter area.
* Peregrina - Peregrina Aristocrats - Use megaship Peregrina Gateway in HIP 18609 since 14-10-21.
* Pi Mensae - Pi Mensae Brotherhood. 'Shephard of the Mighty' Megaship, LP 91-140
* PLX 695 - Federal Rank 6 Warrant Officer
* Ross 128 - Federal Rank 7 Ensign.
X Sharur - Part of the starter area.
* Shinrata Dezhra - Achieve Elite rank in any category.
* Sirius - Sirius Corporation.
* Sol - Federal Rank 4 Petty Officer.
* Summerland - Imperial Rank 7 Baron.
X Tarnkappe - Part of the starter area.
* Terra Mater - Brotherhood of Terra Mater. 'Daunting Hammer' Megaship, Hecate
* Tiliala - Conservatives of Tiliala or The black Fleet.
X Tyet - Part of the starter area.
* van Maanen's Star - Sublime Order of van Maanen's Star. 'Shadows Endurant' Megaship, Epsilon Eridani
* Vega - Federal Rank 5 Chief Petty Officer.
X Wolfsegen - Part of the starter area.

This doesn't include areas of space outside the bubble.

Hope that helps. :)

There seems to be an error in your list: The Luyten 205-128 system doesn't seem to require a permit:
1638169745784.png

Or is it included in another permit?

Except for that, I can confirm this list. I currently have 28 of these permits, with only the CQC (i.e. CD-44 1695) permit missing:
Permits_x28_A.jpg

Permits_x28_B.jpg

I applied my permits on that list (starter systems removed because to include them makes no sense, also they make up only a single permit):
Systems That Need A Permit
- = Unobtainable at this time. 5 systems.
* = Obtained by Darkcyde. 27 of 29 systems.
D = Missing for Darkcyde. 2 of 29 systems.
X = Obtained. 28 of 29 systems.
M = Missing. 1 of 29 systems.

X * Achenar - Imperial Rank 4 Squire.
X * Alioth - Alioth Independents. 'Meredith's Dream' Megaship, Alcor
X * Beta Hydri - Federal Rank 5 Chief Petty Officer.
M D CD-43 11917 - Prestige rank in CQC.
X * Crom - Crom Silver Boys. 'The Silver Cove' Megaship, 69 G. Carinae
X * Exbeur - Federal Rank 8 Lieutenant.
X * Facece - Imperial Rank 10 Earl.
X * HIP 22460 - Scan Listening Post (beacon) in Synuefe GB-O C9-8. Use explorer ship, it's 661.83LY from Sol.
X * HIP 54530 - Silver Legal Group minor faction in Ts'ao Tach.
X * Hodack - Hodack Prison Colony. 'Varuna's Pledge' Megaship, Pemoeri
X * Hors - Federal Rank 10 Post commander.
X * Isinor - Chapter of Isinor. Contains a persistent Convoy Beacon orbiting the ELW of Maodun.
X * Jotun - Dukes of Jotun.
X D LTT 198 - Torval Mining Ltd. Megaship in EGM 559, after faction change (09-10-21). Berhe Astrophysics Facility UC.
M D Luyten 205-128 - Revolutionary Luyten 205-128 Coalition. LHS 449 Choo Biochemical Institution has UC small pads!
X * Luyten 347-14 - Luyten 347-14 Prison Colony. 'Warden's Oath' Megaship, Narenses
X * Mbooni - Taurus Mining Ventures. Participate in one of story missions/CG's when they are available?
X * Nastrond - Defence Party of Nastrond. 'The People's Vigil' Megaship, Wonorne Nu
X * Peregrina - Peregrina Aristocrats - Use megaship Peregrina Gateway in HIP 18609 since 14-10-21.
X * Pi Mensae - Pi Mensae Brotherhood. 'Shephard of the Mighty' Megaship, LP 91-140
X * PLX 695 - Federal Rank 6 Warrant Officer
X * Ross 128 - Federal Rank 7 Ensign.
X * Shinrata Dezhra - Achieve Elite rank in any category.
X * Sirius - Sirius Corporation.
X * Sol - Federal Rank 4 Petty Officer.
X * Summerland - Imperial Rank 7 Baron.
X * Terra Mater - Brotherhood of Terra Mater. 'Daunting Hammer' Megaship, Hecate
X* Tiliala - Conservatives of Tiliala or The black Fleet.
X * van Maanen's Star - Sublime Order of van Maanen's Star. 'Shadows Endurant' Megaship, Epsilon Eridani
X * Vega - Federal Rank 5 Chief Petty Officer.

Edit: You cannot strikethrough in code, so I moved the list to a quote.

Last edited:
I would also like to stress that 4 Sextantis might still be accessible according to in-game descriptions, but the other systems in that list are not.
The other systems have a statement
This system is locked by the Pilot's Federation, no permits are currently issued.
written under 'System Information', while 4 Sextantis does not:
permit_4 Sextantis.jpg

permit_CD-44 1695.jpg

permit_LFT 509.jpg

permit_Mingfu.jpg

permit_Witch's Reach.jpg

This is also indicated in the list by "Currently unobtainable?" vs. "Currently unobtainable.", but this is very subtle and easy to miss.

These are my gatherings and ramblings unashamedly copied from various sources that I use as a personal tracking tool. No credit to me.

Permit/ActionLocationStatusWho Aligned WithBenefits
4 SextantisHIP 48768 ClosedPermit not given by 4 Sextantis Inc or Uniting 4 Sextantis; likely 4 Sextantis Jet Dragons, but they don't exist outside the systemPermit not given by 4 Sextantis Inc or Uniting 4 Sextantis; likely 4 Sextantis Jet Dragons, but they don't exist outside the system. It is possible to see the permit, but ranking up to allied with the 4 Sextantis faction that gives it makes the permit mission disappear; this is apparently not a bug, but FDEV's way of locking this system for a future content release.
Alpha HydriUnoccupied
BellicaEDDB says no permitUnoccupied
CD-43 11917CQC ONLYAttilius Oribtal shipyard has all (29) ships for sale. 20% off certain ships such as the Fer-de-Lance and the Vulture, 50% off chaff and heatsink launchers, 30% off most small and medium weapons and more.
CD-44 1695Closed"Locked by PF, no permits currently issued"
DRYIO FLYUAE IC-B C1-377
HD 33766Not on EDDB
HIP 10332Not on EDDBUnoccupied
HIP 104941EDDB says no permitUnoccupied
HIP 22182Unoccupied
HIP 23874Not on EDDB
HIP 39425EDDB says no permitUnoccupied
HIP 51073EDDB says no permitUnoccupied
HIP 87621EDDB says no permitUnoccupied
HR 4413Unoccupied
Kamba (not permit locked, see Mbooni)Hmmm Chati Imperial Society
LFT 509No infoUnoccupiedPossible location of TDW station? Exploit showed it has GG with 8 moons,
LHS 2894Unoccupied
LHS 2921Unoccupied
LHS 3091Unoccupied
MingfuClosedMingfu may be locked because it's the secret home of something nasty, probably disease related? Plague Generation ship Artemis in Mu Cass is only 11ly from Mingfu.
PolarisNo infoUnoccupiedOutside Human Space - Old links to Thargoids?? Possible location of TDW station? Exploit showed it has GG with 8 moons,
Ross 354Unoccupied
Scheau Bli NB-O d6-1409
Witch's ReachNo infoUnoccupied
Wolf 262EDDB says no permitUnoccupied
AchenarDoneImperial Capital. Engineer (Tiana Fortune)
AliothDoneImperial Capital. Engineer (Tiana Fortune)
Beta HydriDoneEdmondson High Station has 10% discount on eagle . Black Mausoleum station from book?
CromDonerare good (Crom Silver Fesh)
ExbeurDone
FaceceDoneImperial Navy Dockyard
HodackDone
HorsDoneHeadquarters of Brightlight Training
IsinorDone1.2 patch notes says Isinor, Witch's Reach, and LFT 509 had valuable salvage conveys added but all 3 permit lockedIsinor appears on one of the books where Alex Ryder travels. federation ships carrying weapons grade hafnium. TDW gameplay??
JotunDoneRare good (Juton Mookah); convoy dispersal pattern(0)?Djaujang*, Caleta. Blanquichu has a HAZ RES where you can boost your influence.
LTT 198Done
Luyten 347-14Done
NastrondDone
PeregrinaDone
Pi MensaeDone
PLX 695DoneHeadquarters of military supplier In Depth Protection
Ross 128DoneLocation of the infamous Warren Prison Mine
Shinrarta DezhraDone
SiriusDone
SolDoneFederation Capital. 20% discount on Eagle MkII and 10% discount on Federal Dropship and Vulture at Daedalus. Engineer (Colonel Bris Dekker).Sol has an achievement/trophy tied to visiting it.
SummerlandDoneHQ of private military corporation Darkwater Inc.
Terra MattaDonerare good (Terra Mater Blood Bores); convoy dispersal pattern??rare good (Terra Mater Blood Bores); convoy dispersal pattern??Anarchist Farmers and Miners
TilialaDone
Van Maanen's StarDone
VegaDone10% discount on Eagle MkII at Edmondson High. Rare good (Vega Slimweed)
HIP 54530DoneFaction not present outside locked system. After Jupiter Rochester expose & conflict Silver Legal Group has been awarded permit control at the Iron Wings of Justice megaship in Ts'ao Tachthe HIP 54530 Gold Universal Group has been renamed as Jupiter Division. It is assumed to have long been infiltrated by Rochester’s loyalists. Permit granted to all by PF on 11Feb2021
HIP 22460Done
MbooniDone

There seems to be an error in your list: The Luyten 205-128 system doesn't seem to require a permit:
Hmm, that must be a very recent change in-game then. As noted, I had gained allied with the corresponding faction only a couple of weeks ago, and had the permit mission available to accept on the mission board. The reason I hadn't done so yet, is because I was helping out the EDDI team with updating their code that handles permit missions. I'd held onto this one (and one other) in case they needed me to try anything else out for them.
Or is it included in another permit?
Not that I'm aware of. So I guess this one is redundant now. 🙂 Unless, of course, FDev have messed up and accidentally removed it. 😅
Edit: You cannot strikethrough in code, so I moved the list to a quote.
Yeah, I only made it code because when I copied the text from my text file, and tried a quote, the plain-text file formatting put things all over the place, and code was the quickest and easiest way to post it.
I would also like to stress that 4 Sextantis might still be accessible according to in-game descriptions, but the other systems in that list are not.
The other systems have a statement
written under 'System Information', while 4 Sextantis does not:
This is also indicated in the list by "Currently unobtainable?" vs. "Currently unobtainable.", but this is very subtle and easy to miss.
Yeah, I had noticed that too, hence the question mark for that entry. However, I've now had another look over the elite-dangerous.fandom.com page, and it has this entry:
"Become Allied with 4 Sextantis Inc and complete invitation mission(Blocked)"
The 'blocked' link text reads:
"Completing this permit's invitation mission never rewards a permit. According to Frontier Developments, this is by design and 4 Sextantis is not yet meant to be accessible."
So yeah, still not available after all. 🤷‍♂️

Like I said, it was only a list I was working from personally. I hadn't intended it for a public release at all, I just thought it would be helpful when Hudiny asked the question. ☺️

EDIT: So, I went to Luyten 205-128 to check it out. Turns out I'd been there three times already, so I was a bit confused. However, I think I know why I thought that it needed a permit, because it seems that it did at one time. Not sure when it was changed though, and it seems my getting allied was a waste of time, although I was sure I'd seen a permit mission for it. Guess I was just misremembering. Apologies for that.

I did find where I got that idea from though. Apparently EDDB says it needs one https://eddb.io/system/12975, and an (old?) fan page mentions it too http://www.fenris.co.uk/elite/project/permits-access-required/

So it definitely needed a permit at one point, I'm just not sure when it was removed.

Last edited:
Hmm, that must be a very recent change in-game then. As noted, I had gained allied with the corresponding faction only a couple of weeks ago, and had the permit mission available to accept on the mission board.
It cannot be very recent, since I completed my permits (except CQC) about a year ago. I'd guess they removed the permit a longer while ago, but they forgot to also remove the mission.
I was still constantly interested in new obtainable permits, and I noticed nobody mentioning that particular permit in recent years (but I have noticed obsolete permit lists as well).

Last edited:
Little edit to my previous post. I bought Odyssey today.
In the EDO, Silver Legal Group at Grasp of Unity megaship is offering HIP 54530 system permit. In Horizons isn't permit acquisition opportunity. When I relog back from Odyssey to the Horizons or exit game, HIP 54530 system permit is revoked. To obtaining that permit I must again complete permit acquisition opportunity mission at Grasp of Unity in Odyssey.
When I tried jump into HIP 54530 system, I got Black Adder error.
Disappearing of HIP 54530 permit from permit list is fixed. No Black Adder error message, when I jump into that system.

Top Bottom