State of the Game

Well, at least we know why we got firmly put on the naughty step earlier... and whatever Leo did.
Silly muppets.
kitty-kitten.gif

When I was growing up, everybody (who fed me) cooked eggs either hard boiled or sunny side up (fried). I never liked sunny side up, some of the egg white on top was always never cooked all the way. When I leaned that I could cook (fry) an egg "over easy", I was in heaven (runny yolk with whites cooked on both sides). This is now my preferred way to enjoy eggs.

The station or the manbot?
Station you sit there forever waiting to dock.

When I was growing up, everybody (who fed me) cooked eggs either hard boiled or sunny side up (fried). I never liked sunny side up, some of the egg white on top was always never cooked all the way. When I leaned that I could cook (fry) an egg "over easy", I was in heaven (runny yolk with whites cooked on both sides). This is now my preferred way to enjoy eggs.
There is a simple trick to get "sunny side up" with the egg white cooked and still runny egg yolk

1. pan heated up to medium heat - about 160c - pan slightly coated with your preferred fat - but just coated, there shouldn't be excess fat left in the pan
2, crack the egg in, season it and fry for 3 minutes
3 put a lid on the pan and fry for another 1-2 minutes dependent on the size of the egg
4. done - take it out and serve immediately

The lid on the pan will help the egg white to fully cook, whilst the egg yolk will be cooked, but still be runny - because it is much thicker than the egg white. This way you get the egg yolk cooked on the upper side as well and avoid having it 2/3 cooked and 1/3 still raw.

To just coat the pan with fat instead of leaving access fat in the pan will give the egg a nice searing on the lower side, whilst avoiding bubbles - you get a perfect "sunny side up" this way.

Not that I'd imagine any mod would seriously believe a normal person would want to impersonate Ender.
Their Mexican branch of the family reported me for inline quote editing - I was advised to leave the original just with strikethrough and preferabl put my flippancy in a different colour.
I can only assume they're letting you serve the animals you're supposed to care for now.

View attachment 277584
They were practising animal husbandry previously...

...then they were caught!

Well, I got Odyssey in the Friday sale and I've tried it briefly. Too buggy; I'm back to playing Horizons now.

In case anyone is taking notice here:
  • When I drop from SC at a station and begin approach, there's no engine sound for about 8 seconds.
  • Odyssey doesn't seem to be doing anti-aliasing: stars flicker and HUD lines show staircases. Frame rate is lower.
  • The UI is clunky. E.g. in the Passenger Lounge unavailable missions are greyed out, but nothing tells me whether it's the number of passengers or the cabin type which is the problem.
  • Also in the mission board: it's much less clear which faction's missions I'm looking at.
(That was all in about a half-hour's play).
  • When I went back to Horizons, my keybinds were gone. Lucky I had them backed up.

Well, I got Odyssey in the Friday sale and I've tried it briefly. Too buggy; I'm back to playing Horizons now.

• When I drop from SC at a station and begin approach, there's no engine sound for about 8 seconds.
That varies between machine - I 'lose' perhaps a second...
  • Odyssey doesn't seem to be doing anti-aliasing: stars flicker and HUD lines show staircases. Frame rate is lower.
Anti-aliasing is slated to be improved 'soon'
  • The UI is clunky. E.g. in the Passenger Lounge unavailable missions are greyed out, but nothing tells me whether it's the number of passengers or the cabin type which is the problem.
I'll have to look closer at that.
  • Also in the mission board: it's much less clear which faction's missions I'm looking at.
The faction giving missions is always visible. Perhaps you missed that.
  • When I went back to Horizons, my keybinds were gone. Lucky I had them backed up.
I've created seperate bindings for my controllers for years, I now have names files for both Odyssey & Horizons and switch when I must go back to Horizons for any reason.

I'd think that most of us are aware of the current issues with performance in EDO, it is overall improved from the state it was in at launch, but how much benefit any individual gains from the 'fixes' appears to be determined by both CPU & GPU (which is why folk like myself with reasonable CPU & GPU see less issues in performance than some) in the main. Further improvements are hinted at by Frontier, but no-one, bar themselves, know when they might arrive.

Sounds like something for a state of the game thread.

@Rubbernuke what kind of pie?

Top Bottom