I suspect that the comets are invisible, because FD does not have a satisfactory implementation of them yet. I think they want them to look cool, have a tail and be visible in SC.
Comets don't develop their tails until they come close to a star though. When they're in far off stages of their orbits they would look just like an nice asteroid from a ring (possibly dirtier).

1 ly = 365.2*24*60*60 lsecs (i.e. number of seconds in a year)

1ly is then 31.5kls. so 0.1ly =3155ls, so close enough. Your 17261ls is ~0.55ly

But if you are using Stellarium or other orbital software to find it then you may be disappointed as ED doesnt model the orbits in the same way as they do. Stellarium, for instance uses a multi-body model that corrects for all the interaction between bodies. ED looks like its just simple ellipses, so the comet wont be where the tools say it is. Even tools like Stellarium have doubful accuracy projecting forwards to

I am being honest i have never seen this before...now I think personally it is a graphical glitch where the game crashed and done so before the colour pallet loaded for the background environment of the jump as iv had jumps do this however only maybe 1 colour, however due to the colours being missing I have noticed that there is a group formation of stars I have never seen in the jump that may usually be obscured.....I wonder what group formation of stars this is and are they in every jump? if so whats so special about them to pass you 3-4 times while jumping...

1638382513405.png

1st time

1638382563990.png

2nd time

1638382599402.png

3rd time

and more after and on the other side when jump turns

1638382678999.png

Last edited:
Six stations orbiting a comet? Are you sure? That doesn't sound physically possible. Could they be orbiting something larger?

Not impossible, The comet has the same gravitational pull no mater how many items you put in orbit around it, just like earth, look howmuch we have in orbit around it now with no actual affect on its gravity and orbit

I am being honest i have never seen this before...now I think personally it is a graphical glitch where the game crashed and done so before the colour pallet loaded for the background environment of the jump as iv had jumps do this however only maybe 1 colour, however due to the colours being missing I have noticed that there is a group formation of stars I have never seen in the jump that may usually be obscured.....I wonder what group formation of stars this is and are they in every jump? if so whats so special about them to pass you 3-4 times while jumping...

View attachment 277908

1st time

View attachment 277909

2nd time

View attachment 277910

3rd time

View attachment 277913
Just done the posters exact jump from Burke Horizons in Aranack to Tasheter system in video with a normal jump so nothing out of the ordinary my side

Six stations orbiting a comet? Are you sure? That doesn't sound physically possible. Could they be orbiting something larger?

Comets don't develop their tails until they come close to a star though. When they're in far off stages of their orbits they would look just like an nice asteroid from a ring (possibly dirtier).
That's what makes the tail modeling complex. It's not a static object. I guess it hasn't been the highest priority either. It's mostly eye candy.

The old ADS scanned the entire system for bodies and stations. It did not detect signal sources. We had to be within range of those.

FD are of course free to turn of the scannability on any object in the game. Having one planet in the game that does not show on the fss because it is 'obfuscated', is no problem.
If the object has a BodyID, it's a bit more tricky to hide it. It will show as missing, in the logs. Comets does that to, so they will act as camouflage. If the outermost body in the system is the one that is hidden, there is no way to detect it.

I suspect that the comets are invisible, because FD does not have a satisfactory implementation of them yet. I think they want them to look cool, have a tail and be visible in SC. I hope they get it done, because there seem to be a lot of them. I suspect they are in the proc. gen. systems, as well.

If a system has a few unscanned bodies it can be because the system has been updated. This happened several times in the Pleiades, when things started to happen out there.

The FD servers with downloadable objects is relatively new and is in limited use. For years the entire game was local, with only a few stats being sent to the servers. If Raxxla hasn't been drastically changed, it lives in your computer. ;)
If that last bit is correct then why hasnt it been datamined by now?
I’m not advocating that (quite the contrary!) but somebody on the web would have been unscrupulous enough to do that and broadcast the result by now.

Edit: I remember flying around the FRift, looking for the surface sites. The exploit to detect one (other than a BSOD) was to look at the amount of data being downloaded from the servers and the disc datarate (didnt work if you had an SSD!), so I’d say Raxxla could be downloaded on trigger from the Omphalos.

Last edited:
Not unless the jump to raxxla brings you peer to peer into another instance only located on an fdev server that sends the files to your computer via background update ;) only way i can see fdev have done it so it cant be datamined, either that or its not physically in the game yet until someone "breaks the mold"

If that last bit is correct then why hasnt it been datamined by now?
I’m not advocating that (quite the contrary!) but somebody on the web would have been unscrupulous enough to do that and broadcast the result by now.

Edit: I remember flying around the FRift, looking for the surface sites. The exploit to detect one (other than a BSOD) was to look at the amount of data being downloaded from the servers and the disc datarate (didnt work if you had an SSD!), so I’d say Raxxla could be downloaded on trigger from the Omphalos.
As long as you call the functions something mundane and use standard objects, there is no real danger of dataminig.

View attachment 277908

1st time

View attachment 277909

2nd time

View attachment 277910

3rd time

View attachment 277913
The hyperspace transition seems to be on an endless loop, ending only when the next system poi are downloaded(?), so it’s not surpising you’d see them repeating.

Whether they have any special meaning in-game is a separate question!

Last edited:
The hyperspace transition seems to be on an endless loop, ending only when the next system poi are downloaded(?), so it’s not surpising you’d see them repeating.

Whether they have any special meaning in-game is a separate question!
Yes however if you time the loop towards a normal jump there is adleast 2 times they pass, however either way yes why that formation of stars stands out and now i can make them out in the normal jump, although the backdrop and other stars are usually mixed these are constant and static

Good afternoon, pilots!
I visited the Formidine Rift Mystery yesterday - a very mysterious place, the Dynasty project. Is there anything else interesting in that region who knows? And did you notice the Sirens from the abyss in the text of the message? It's a reference to Raxla! Even before the current events, 33 years ago, an organization called The Club, founded by natives of INRA, was active. The club, veterans of the war with the Targoids, knew that sooner or later they would come back. And they decided to prepare humanity for a new meeting. They were able to learn that the Targoids are divided into 2 dynasties, Orsers and Clasians. Who started a civil war among themselves. The Clasians dragged the Orsers into a protracted war across the galaxy, and the latter began to retreat, surrendering their positions. The club realized that such a retreat would lead them straight into the space of humanity. The Orsers planned to use humanity as a shield to distract the attention of the Clasians, and while they would be busy with humanity, they themselves would go further into the depths of the galaxy.
Realizing that people will not win a full-scale war with the targoids, the club began to prepare a campaign called the "Expedition of Dynasties" to distant worlds where Earth-type planets were found. Such territories were called, the Horror Rift, the Eagle Gap, the Sagittarius Confluence.
The purpose of the expedition was to arrive in these sectors of space, and begin the search for full-fledged Earth-type worlds for subsequent colonization. The club financed the construction of ships, the largest of which was the Gargantia-class megacorp, referred to as Zurara.
Another author of books on the elite, John Harper, on kickstarter, left a comment tip for players:
The Edge of the Galactic Arm. Draw a line from Reorte to Riedquat towards the edge of the sleeve and... keep flying. The stars are thinning out, and you can see the whole galaxy lying in front of you.
Let's stop at the fact that there's serious out there, things you won't believe. Really, no one believed me, they said it was all a setup. I don't have any evidence that I could show you, and my memory was edited pretty well after everything. Gradually, bit by bit, the memory still returns, it's all in somewhere in the Imperial databases, and they thought that the Targoids were a problem…
You'll need a reliable ship and an excellent pilot. It's a long way, so make sure you're prepared, no one will be around to help you if anything happens. Once you reach the Rift, you'll have to plot a course through it. There are no stars for dozens of light-years and dark systems are not marked on maps, so take your time and take care of your rear." The woman leaned closer to the recording device. "What is there? I wish I could tell you, but they did a great job with my memory, it took me a long time to put the grains of memories together. Whatever it is, it's something that the Galactic Police, the Imperials and the Feds don't want to show us. Good luck and... don't turn off, Commander.
You have no idea what I saw. I have sailed beyond the Rift of Terror, seen armadas of Octagonal ships blurring the stars. I was standing on lost worlds, cleaned clean by Targoids and erased from human maps. I saw graves left over from the time of the Targoid wars, countless tombstones stretching over the horizon, small spots of reflected light marking abandoned continents…
The players spent 3 years searching, but they were all unsuccessful, until 2016.
In 2016, a group of players finally decided to solve the riddle of the Rift, and gathered in a group called the Children of Rakksla.
At the same time, they are organizing a major expedition to the Gorge region itself. There, after wandering for a long time, they find 3 lighthouses scattered across various gas accumulations. Parts of the cipher are stored in each beacon.
EXODUSABCFGHIJKLMNPQRTVWYZ
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
When they were able to decipher it, the Children of Rakksla received the coordinates of the star system: SYREADIAE JX-F C0. And we went there.

For the grief of fathers, for the sorrow of loved ones, for the longing that calls for the road!
This probably refers to further Greek mythology - Eros and Psyche. This hint leads to the heart and soul. There is one habitable station in each nebula... our wandering hearts. Wanderer... it is in the same line as the grief of the parent and the grief of the lover. It seems to indicate a wandering star. There is a black hole that was ejected by gravity from the cluster IC1805 (Melotte 15). It is literally a "wandering heart", also directly related to the Heart and Soul nebula. It is best to assume that it could be the Altera eye, unless there is another black hole nearby. There is, of course, the question of what to do with Raxxla when we find it. If this is some kind of time control device, do we really want to point the way to it and attract the attention of the Club?
Ten light-years from the Urgenirk Dark Ones, where black holes permeate the Oisir-Raxlan Sector, is the giant red sun Ivixor B. It is still hot enough to support the shell of 43 planets and the life forms that live on them... the sun, not like Algol... ... 43 worlds are grouped in a narrow plane, and most of them are giants, their gas atmospheres wriggle in the form of a ghost, going into the cosmic void... colors infinitely beautiful, a wealth of red and purple colors and many rocky moons ... They discovered Kiiri, a race of beings living in the upper atmosphere of seven of the 43 worlds, the seven largest planets.
Kiirs are giant jellyfish-like creatures that swim in the hydrogen seas of the worlds on gas bells, lowering their limbs into a denser atmosphere. Some energy tendrils have a length of more than 2000 kilometers. At certain periods of their life, Kiirs change shape, acquiring long and spindle-shaped, grotesquely huge limbs that have increased to a length of 100 kilometers or more. They drift upward, using the energy stored in special locomotor cells in their shells, float through the space between the worlds. It is likely that the kiirs were never connected to the world on which they were discovered. Apparently, at one time they colonized the other six giant worlds in the same way that a herd of beasts spreads throughout the river valley. Their "singing" on subspace frequencies is a deliberate attempt to lure passing ships into their field of influence. They can detect subspace emissions from ships and repeat "melodies", creating a strangely hypnotic effect for most space races. Ships are attracted to the Ivixor solar influence zone... ”.

Last edited:
I am loving this great map by Mita Kondria.

Granted the ‘scope’ is primarily focused upon Thargoid/Guardian etc locations, in that regard it’s a straightforward point based map showing their relative locations and borders.

I’d love to see this as a heat map, but with additional data and ‘all’ points filtered, to show concentrations of ‘developer activity’ and a tonne of other data, pretty sure that would highlight some interesting voids in our understanding - ‘intelligence gaps’.

All in all a tall order to accomplish needless to say, and hats off, I wish I had the time to put something like this together.

Last edited:
I am loving this great map by Mita Kondria.

Granted the ‘scope’ is primarily focused upon Thargoid/Guardian etc locations, in that regard it’s a straightforward point based map showing their relative locations and borders.

I’d love to see this as a heat map, but with additional data and ‘all’ points filtered, to show concentrations of ‘developer activity’ and a tonne of other data, pretty sure that would highlight some interesting voids in our understanding - ‘intelligence gaps’.

All in all a tall order to accomplish needless to say, and hats off, I wish I had the time to put something like this together.
Suggest it to Canonn, they’ve probably already done it!

Edit: and it is an interesting map. It clearly shows that the Guardian space encroaches between the Thargoid Coalsack and other (Pleiades, Witchhead & California) regions. I suspect this is an indication that the Coalsack is a different thargoid faction, that they are the Klaxians, whereas the other areas are the Oresrians. It will be interesting to see if the Klaxians do turn out to be more aggressive than the Oresrians, as indicated by a couple of the ED books and the Dynasty plot.

Last edited:
For the grief of fathers, for the sorrow of loved ones, for the longing that calls for the road!
This probably refers to further Greek mythology - Eros and Psyche. This hint leads to the heart and soul. There is one habitable station in each nebula... our wandering hearts. Wanderer... it is in the same line as the grief of the parent and the grief of the lover. It seems to indicate a wandering star. There is a black hole that was ejected by gravity from the cluster IC1805 (Melotte 15). It is literally a "wandering heart", also directly related to the Heart and Soul nebula. It is best to assume that it could be the Altera eye, unless there is another black hole nearby. There is, of course, the question of what to do with Raxxla when we find it. If this is some kind of time control device, do we really want to point the way to it and attract the attention of the Club?
Ten light-years from the Urgenirk Dark Ones, where black holes permeate the Oisir-Raxlan Sector, is the giant red sun Ivixor B. It is still hot enough to support the shell of 43 planets and the life forms that live on them... the sun, not like Algol... ... 43 worlds are grouped in a narrow plane, and most of them are giants, their gas atmospheres wriggle in the form of a ghost, going into the cosmic void... colors infinitely beautiful, a wealth of red and purple colors and many rocky moons ... They discovered Kiiri, a race of beings living in the upper atmosphere of seven of the 43 worlds, the seven largest planets.
Kiirs are giant jellyfish-like creatures that swim in the hydrogen seas of the worlds on gas bells, lowering their limbs into a denser atmosphere. Some energy tendrils have a length of more than 2000 kilometers. At certain periods of their life, Kiirs change shape, acquiring long and spindle-shaped, grotesquely huge limbs that have increased to a length of 100 kilometers or more. They drift upward, using the energy stored in special locomotor cells in their shells, float through the space between the worlds. It is likely that the kiirs were never connected to the world on which they were discovered. Apparently, at one time they colonized the other six giant worlds in the same way that a herd of beasts spreads throughout the river valley. Their "singing" on subspace frequencies is a deliberate attempt to lure passing ships into their field of influence. They can detect subspace emissions from ships and repeat "melodies", creating a strangely hypnotic effect for most space races. Ships are attracted to the Ivixor solar influence zone... ”.
Ivixor B? as in the Electric Wizard lol hmmm lovecraft inspired again.....

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH9OqfWQslg

Last edited:
Top Bottom