Elite Dangerous: Horizons Hotfix | 11.01.2022 | For PC & Console Notes

hello Sally. not sure this is the right place, but we're pretty desperate at this point.
It looks like our player faction was given a BGS locked system. It's absolutely impossible for us to take it. Customer support... well, i wouldn't be here if they helped. Any chance for an intervention?
No so much given ... you asked for it didn't you.

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Hey @sallymorganmoore , hope all is well. I know you guys usually have a ton of reports to comb through, but if you have some spare time, could you please check these out for me and maybe escalate them? I only ask here because they have been stuck in confirming and from past experiences, when that happens, they inevitably time out. I have done everything I could to gain attention to this issue, including messaging the elite dangerous FB page, to which I've gotten no reply so far. Hardly anyone seems to be talking about it, and it's impossible to get the bug report people to respond. You're my last hope. This was not in the patch notes, and it negatively impacts gameplay. It's very easy to replicate as well. This change messed up a mechanic that has been the same since the game's inception. Thank you in advance, O7

Hello!! I can take a look for sure but rallying more contributions to the tickets will really really help too.

Again, the reason that issues like this don't "make it into the patch notes" is because they either weren't fixed or they've not been massively jumped upon and brought to major light in discussions enough to amplify OR I just did an awful job of catching the chatter on them

I sadly can't list all of our known issues, so I lean more of a focus on the loud ones in bite size lists, otherwise these posts would be enormous.

I will absolutely have a personal dig into these though! Thank you SO much for posting the links! Again, if more Commanders can also jump on them and contribute if affected then Awesome!

Thanks so much!

sallymorganmoore

I cannot understand how this isn't fixed yet, or what in the previous fixes could have made it break (don't remember anything that could relate to this). Fighting groups of enemies is a hassle when there are a lot of non-hostile enemies around, like in resource extraction sites.
Still no fix for the your total credits not showing the correct amount in the right hand HUD? How difficult can this be to fix? Why do i need to log out of the game for this to update yet all other places that have your total credits amount update just fine?

Naturally always expect comments in line with frustrations over certain issues not making it into a hotfix, despite them being called out as being investigated, known or worked on.

The true fact of things with issues remaining outside of hot fixes is that...Each issue is unique to itself and has its own unique impact on other elements of the game, not to mention that each issue doesn't often take the same amount of time to sort out as other issues might.

It also depends on other team factors like manpower, timing and many other aspects of development, testing, investigation and resources on this side that factor in.

Just want to say I entirely appreciate you're frustrations over some of the outstanding issues not being a part of this hotfix, but we are planning and moving forward in line with how development works and I'll continue to do my best as being as clear as possible with progress on remaining issues to help being as much reassurance as possible.

o7

@sallymorganmoore one of my Squadron plays on PS5 and he reports:
[09:07] Drift Kaiser: That hotfix from yesterday messed the planetary landing up
[09:07] Drift Kaiser: Now it says I need horizon to land on a planet
[09:08] ReallyBored (SO): log out fully then login?
[09:08] Drift Kaiser: I tried everything
[09:28] Drift Kaiser: Restore the licence from my PlayStation seems fixed it

Same issue reported in the PlayStation sub-forum. Also looks as though XBox CMDRs are having transitory game auth issues. Clearly a back end server struggling somewhere - perhaps only Console / Horizons issue as no mention of it from the Odyssey / PC lot.

People have a right to expect the thing they paid for to work, especially 7 months after release, this is not being petulant or acting like a child.

well... the call was from someone extremely impatient (and sort of rude) regarding the no-fix for credits not updating in the right-hand panel.
which is not exactly game breaking and which is not exactly broken for 7 months after release as you claim.

so i'm finding the description rather accurate and juicy :)
but it's ok not to read and play the righteous card in advance

sallymorganmoore

Same issue reported in the PlayStation sub-forum. Also looks as though XBox CMDRs are having transitory game auth issues. Clearly a back end server struggling somewhere - perhaps only Console / Horizons issue as no mention of it from the Odyssey / PC lot.

No worries, sorry I think I failed to respond that id noted this down for further look. Sorry Commander o7

Hey Nick!
When did you report this to Customer support? Do you have the Customer Support ticket ID I can chase please? Thanks!
we're trying to get in touch with the commander who reported it, it was around March 2021.
might as well leave more info about us: the system in question is Wregoe XQ-L C21-29, our minor faction name is Nebula Discoveries LLC. Ticket was submitted by cmdr Nocturnous.
We'll let you know as soon as we get a ticket ID
thank you

sallymorganmoore

we found the report, though i'm not sure how to find ticket ID. could "23719" be it?

Oh I seeee!! Sorry! When you said they committed a Customer Support ticket, that's different to an issue tracker ticket you see - customer support goes through the mail enquiry to CS themselves via the online form.

Ok so, I'll take a look at this ticket tomorrow and see. Apologies if I go quiet on it for a while until I know more of what might be going on o7

Thank you!

sallymorganmoore

Oh I seeee!! Sorry! When you said they committed a Customer Support ticket, that's different to an issue tracker ticket you see - customer support goes through the mail enquiry to CS themselves via the online form.

Ok so, I'll take a look at this ticket tomorrow and see. Apologies if I go quiet on it for a while until I know more of what might be going on o7

Thank you!

In fact @Nick Nicholson I actually urge a direct customer support message in this instance, due to it being a personal issue with the faction.

Here's the link to the specific player faction customer support form.
Once submitted, someone will be directly in touch on that side:

Thank you!
Sally, thank you so much for spending your time on this! I had no idea that issue tracker is separate from CS, sorry if that muddied the water😅
We'll try the CS route now, fingers crossed this will work.
o7 and thank you again

In fact @Nick Nicholson I actually urge a direct customer support message in this instance, due to it being a personal issue with the faction.

Here's the link to the specific player faction customer support form.
Once submitted, someone will be directly in touch on that side:

Happy new year sally 😊
Are you now the HRZN/console chief ? 😅

naw was joking, have a nice evening 👍
o7

Top Bottom