Plot Route on Galaxy map screen should be taking your drives fuel use limit into account when plotting routes.

The "Fuel Consumption Exceeded" message is the worst message in the game. It really should just say "Out of range", cos that's what it means. But for some reason FD decided some weird esoteric reference to how much fuel your FSD consumes would be a better idea.
Isnt there a stat that says how much fuel your fsd drive can consume in one jump? Its like X tons no? i assumed that message would be that the jump would use to much fuel.

Isnt there a stat that says how much fuel your fsd drive can consume in one jump? Its like X tons no? i assumed that message would be that the jump would use to much fuel.

Yes, the message is confusing, but that's exactly what the message is saying, the mass of your ship and the category of your FSD drive means the jump you are planning to make requires more fuel than can be put into your FSD.

The amount of fuel required for the jump was more than the FSD could accept because the mass of the ship increased between the time you plotted the route and the time you pressed the jump button
This has happened to me several times since odyssey. And he's right nothing changes.

Hell you can go from a failed jump, to the galaxy map, hit recalculate and still have it trying to jump you too far. It will even do this if you have economic route ticked.

This has happened to me several times since odyssey. And he's right nothing changes.

Hell you can go from a failed jump, to the galaxy map, hit recalculate and still have it trying to jump you too far. It will even do this if you have economic route ticked.

I have done over 45,000 jumps, since Odyssey dropped I have played nothing but Odyssey and this hasn't happened to me a single time playing Odyssey, whether in the bubble running goods,loading up the FC with Tritium or out in the black jumping from star to star, so it must be something you are doing that's different, although what it can be I have no idea. It's just not something that happens when using the route plotter correctly!

Indeed I have seen players accidently target stars a long way away, which will set that for the next jump, and wonder why they get this message even though the next star on their route is close enough to jump to, and that targeting doesn't change when you replot. This is quite a common mistake surprisingly.

Top Bottom