Console Profile Transfers and 2022 Updates

I know they won't allow a "merger" of the 2, but I wish they'd at least allow us to transfer worth in credits to an existing commander.

I'd be happy with just assets and purchased cosmetics, even if it deleted my console character.
Credits are the easiest part of the game! It doesnt take long to make them. Its the engineering, builds, guardian unlocks and ranks that matter. Perhaps I am wrong, never tried the fleet carriers thing...might do one day...is it that? Please tell me if so because I really cant see why the rather good offer from FD can in any way be seen as anything other than generous.

What do you mean by Horizons only?
Well, Console players have only paid for Horizons on their consoles. So - when they transfer to PC, they get a PC version of horizons allocated to them without further charge. Console players transferring never paid for Odyssey on their consoles, and the transfer needs to go to a "non-existing" CMDR name on PC (per Frameshift Live on 5th May)... so if you want to play Odyssey with your newly transferred CMDR, you'll have to buy it again. Just like anyone else who wants to run an Alt account.

Your console commander name would be the default unless it is already in use on the PC.
So, I'll have to ask a name change for my "destination-copy" CMDR... as currently my PC and XBOX CMDR have the same name (I hope they put this in the form we have to fill up for the transfer).

Credits are the easiest part of the game! It doesnt take long to make them. Its the engineering, builds, guardian unlocks and ranks that matter. Perhaps I am wrong, never tried the fleet carriers thing...might do one day...is it that? Please tell me if so because I really cant see why the rather good offer from FD can in any way be seen as anything other than generous.
Meh, I've already done most of the engineering I had on my console account. I think I'm only missing my Beluga. I don't have ANY of the suit engineering done on my console account, so I'd rather keep my pc account. So since mergers are out, the assets are better than nothing. I'd really like all my console painjobs and DBX ship kit, too (without torching my PC CMDR).

If only I had a gaming PC. Of course, one of the main reasons I play on console these days is, other commitments mean I just cant justify the cost of upgrades etc. I guess it "Good bye Elite" for me. :(. It was fun while it lasted....

Right.
Hypothetical here, but probably very important for a few CMDRS out there.

First started playing Elite D on the PS4.
Then purchased a copy on Steam a year later.

Both accounts use the exact same CMDR name.

Can I just copy over the PS account over the existing PC account with same name?
All explorer first discoveries would not be affected in the backend (seeing as it's the same name afaik) and I don't mind pasting over my PC progress.
Can it be done FDev?

Edit: Okay. It seems my question is answered already. I don't want to merge. That's not my issue.
Console CMDR gets pasted over existing PC Commander is that the Gist of it guys?

Last edited:
So, I'll have to ask a name change for my "destination-copy" CMDR... as currently my PC and XBOX CMDR have the same name (I hope they put this in the form we have to fill up for the transfer).
Yep brand new again "Name"...
This is better than what Valve did when they moved console players to PC versions they Put a console prefix to the name they were transfering...
Aka if you moved from PSN a PSN prefix was added so you became psn_rebel or Live_rebel... on the account screen...

100% not used on fdev name...
So for me some thing Like...
GraphiteGB_completely_free_account_Ta
Or
GraphiteGB-FDEV
Or
Graphite GB - PC - 2

Greetings Commanders,

We’d like to thank you all for your patience whilst we’ve been working on our communications and development plans for the remainder of the year.

Following the launch of Odyssey, our primary focus has been on performance, optimisation and bug fixing, along with adding more features. This focus has had a knock-on effect with regards to our plans for this year and beyond and delayed our communications.

We understand the concern and frustration this has caused and hope this post goes some way to alleviate those feelings. Below we discuss profile transfers for console players and give an overview of the updates coming before the end of 2022.

Console Profile Transfers

We can now confirm that players will be able to copy their profiles from console to PC in light of Odyssey’s cancellation on Xbox and PlayStation. This process will be time limited and optional. We will provide a date for this process once it is confirmed.

The original profile will remain playable on console and the new PC profile will be a copy. Only one profile may be copied over per copy of the game. Please also be aware that this will be a one-time only process.

Elements that will be copied
  • Ships, Holo-Me, weapons, SRVs and SLFs
    • Including Cobra Mk IV if owned
  • Core progression (this includes…)
    • Inventory
    • Permits
    • Codex Discoveries
    • Engineering progress
    • Guardian Tech Broker progress
  • NPC Crew progress
  • Cosmetics*
*Cosmetic items applied through the Livery (ships and Fleet Carriers) and Holo-Me will remain applied.

Elements that won’t be copied
  • Commander name*
  • ARX Balance**
  • Squadron membership
  • Friends lists, Block lists and Private Groups
  • Current mission progress
  • NPC Crew names and appearances

*The process will require a new name to be chosen if the original name is not available on PC.

**ARX balances cannot be transferred. We recommend that anyone who submits their account for the transfer process purchases any desired cosmetics beforehand. Any unspent ARX post-transfer will remain available on the original console profile.

Fleet Carriers and their contents

Fleet Carrier ownership cannot be transferred from one Commander to another. To players that wish to own a Fleet Carrier post-transfer we would advise the following:
  1. Decommission your Fleet Carrier ahead of the transfer
  2. Wait for the decommissioning to complete (two weeks).
  3. Check that credits from the decommissioning have been returned.
  4. Complete the profile transfer process
  5. Re-purchase a Fleet Carrier on PC
Precise dates for the opening and close of this process will be announced closer to the time.

Roadmap

Here we present our top-level roadmap for the remainder of 2022. Our three focuses before the year ends are launching the next phase of the narrative, stability and optimisation. We’ll release three more updates to support these.

Within the narrative, human space balances on the precipice as tension mounts within the bubble. The Azimuth Saga will conclude in a grand finale event, the consequences of which will mark the beginning of the next stage of the Elite story in Update 14.

Meanwhile, updates 12 and 13 will largely focus on quality-of-life changes, stability and optimisation. Work has also begun on a major feature overhaul for 2023 that we’ll discuss later in the year.

Please note that the details and timings of each release are subject to change and that any adjustments will be shared ahead of time. Beyond this we are also discussing additional game content, and we’ll reveal it once confirmed.

May 2022 

Update 12
  • A new mission variant
  • Stability
  • Optimisation

August 2022

Update 13
  • Narrative content
  • Stability
  • Optimisation

November 2022

Update 14
  • Next major narrative phase
  • Stability

Early 2023 
  • Key feature overhaul

Development Updates and Streams

Following the launch of Odyssey in 2021, we started publishing monthly development posts to share our progress on subsequent updates. In light of the remaining updates for 2022 being confirmed above, these will not continue. However, we will still provide detailed patch notes, information, and other relevant details around updates and hotfixes as they are released between each development post.

Regular streams from the Community team have returned. Going forwards, these will be fortnightly on Thursdays at 16:00-18:00 BST. This additional time between streams will allow us to put on longer shows and take full advantage of the in-office studio. Frameshift Live has only just started and we have many exciting ideas to explore in the future! If you have not been watching, these streams now feature new and exclusive Twitch Drops that can be earned simply by watching.

We will also be launching our Partnership Programme later this year, offering content creators their own exclusive Twitch drops their communities can earn by watching them. More on this in the coming months!

We hope this post clarifies our continued support and plans for Elite. As always, we thank you for your
feedback and support.

O7
Glad I got the game on Steam for $7 last year.

Glad FDev have come through with a port mechanism. Shame it wasn’t there when the Console severance was announced.

Do I want to play again? Maybe, maybe, but not when the future development plans aim so low.

More like cutting their losses, even though they're giving away Horizons accounts they're still going to sell copies of Odyssey to console owners who wouldn't have bought it otherwise.
Well you can't really blame Frontier for hoping that newly transferred console commanders may also purchase an Odyssey expansion to go with it.

Well you can't really blame Frontier for hoping that newly transferred console commanders may also purchase an Odyssey expansion to go with it.
that would still be great if they allowed us to replace a commander with odyssey, but with less progress ( that we already have on pc i mean)

Last edited:
If only I had a gaming PC. Of course, one of the main reasons I play on console these days is, other commitments mean I just cant justify the cost of upgrades etc. I guess it "Good bye Elite" for me. :(. It was fun while it lasted....
Whichever PC you may have, if it's from the last five years, it will most likely run Horizons as good as the Xbox One, I originally used to play Horizons on Intel Graphics on a quad core i5 from 2015, with 8gb RAM.

Of course Odyssey ramps up the specs, and we will see what the merge brings, performance-wise, but you're being given the chance to get a free copy of PC Horizons and an almost full transfer of your console commander to it, and you can keep playing your commander on your console.

Seriously, why wouldn't you, or anyone else for that matter, take that offer up so it's there for the future?

that would still be great if they allowed us to replace a commander with odyssey, but with less progress ( that we already have on pc i mean)
I agree with those who suggest to wait for official confirmation one way or another, but an earlier post looked like it suggested that Frontier could replace your current PC commander with your console one, which would include access to Odyssey if you've already bought it. But again, I suggest caution in treating that as a solid promise.

If you're suggesting that you want to merge your commander, I think Frontier have said a definite no to that, and if you think of the process, I think it's not too hard to see why. However, the details are still being worked on, and while I won't say don't hope for more, like a way to merge commanders, I think Frontier have come up with something that is delivering much more than what was expected already.

Nope, Arf said people optioning for the transfer will be given a free horizons copy

That's unfortunate for me anyway... I also have the PC version but with the lifetime expansion pass so already have the content. I stayed away from the PC version for years though because I simply enjoyed playing the game more on Xbox so all my progress is there. Spent a little time building up my PC character but nothing compared to Xbox. Plus Odyssey at launch was unplayable so I never bothered returning to it. If the future is PC, all I'd really need is my Xbox progress, ships, etc added to my existing PC account and I'd be OK.

My only concern then is if another account got created for this transfer would that mean I couldn't play on my copy of the game with the lifetime exp pass? Or can you manage multiple characters/profiles? Like I said, been playing on Xbox so if it's possible now, not sure.

So, is the game going to stop on console or is it just the option to transfer to PC? I'm asking because I don't have a computer and would not be happy if I lose access to play.

So, is the game going to stop on console or is it just the option to transfer to PC? I'm asking because I don't have a computer and would not be happy if I lose access to play.
Features updates have allready stopped on console...
All of the updates have been Compliance with EDO changes updates to stop the game breaking on console when they change stuff on PC that could break the console game we have had updates to keep the game running ...
Thats why the updates on the main menu say EDO compliance builds on Horizons clients at the bottom of the screen on console...

No new features updates will come to console... All the features you have now are all you will get...
All the posh new shiny bling stuff will only come to PC owners and those who paid for EDO DLC on PC will get a lot more bling and shiny content...

Every thing you can do this very second on console is what you can do on console still...

Top Bottom