CG predictions...

Taurus Mining Ventures has changed to Azimuth Biotech in all systems they had a presence. And are now native in Maia instead of T Tauri.
The megaships have also changed ownership, the surface settlements and other assets still appear under TMV, but that's probably due to how the data update works (somebody needs to dock there to refresh it on Inara/EDDN).
In Maia there is now 8 factions with Azimuth. Some will be kicked soon (one of the player factions, either Op. Ida or AXI).

Azimuth is back!

Taurus Mining Ventures has changed to Azimuth Biotech in all systems they had a presence. And are now native in Maia instead of T Tauri.
The megaships have also changed ownership, the surface settlements and other assets still appear under TMV, but that's probably due to how the data update works (somebody needs to dock there to refresh it on Inara/EDDN).
In Maia there is now 8 factions with Azimuth. Some will be kicked soon (one of the player factions, either Op. Ida or AXI).

Azimuth is back!
I went and docked in all of Azimuth's megaships, Hind Mine, and Deep Prospect.
Apart from the name change, they're as normal as before. The tech brokers are also still fully functional.
And the megaships don't have any new flight plans.

Prospect's Deep is reported as losing the tech broker that might be in error as it would mean Bright Sentinel mega ship is the only place to get SAWs now...

Last edited:

Azimuth is back!
Good find!

Prospect's Deep is reported as losing the tech broker that might be in error as it would mean Bright Sentinel mega ship is the only place to get SAWs now...
That tech broker is suspended 'cause the faction has a lockdown state there. The service itself is still present in the station.

Azimuth is back!
Interesting, so that's where the money was coming from. They weren't hired by Azimuth... they were Azimuth.

Azimuth Resurgent

GALNET

AZIMUTH RESURGENT​

20 JUN 3308
Salvation has announced that his partner organisation Taurus Mining Ventures is a modern incarnation of Azimuth Biochemicals.
The revelation came via a public statement across all media channels:
“This is Salvation. In light of recent speculation, we are rebranding Taurus Mining Ventures as Azimuth Biotech. My intent is to prove that Azimuth has no further need to conceal its operations.”

“Two centuries ago, Azimuth’s pioneers first acquired evidence of the alien creatures now referred to as Thargoids. My research division focused exclusively on studying this life form and preparing for the inevitable inter-species conflict. When Azimuth Biochemicals was commercially overtaken by Pharmasapien over a century ago, I ensured key assets and personnel were removed from company records prior to the acquisition. We continued our research in secret, free from shareholders and corporate espionage.”

“Since then, my team has led multiple projects to develop necessary advancements for the inevitable war. Our work with INRA on the mycoid virus was one early success. More recently, locating the Proteus in Trapezium Sector YU-X c1-2 provided us with a key breakthrough in weaponising Guardian technology.”

“My anti-xeno superweapon has already saved billions of lives. Azimuth Biotech is currently developing the next generation of this weapon, with which I intend to permanently cripple the Thargoid war machine.”
“Caleb Wycherley is no more, but his accomplishments laid the foundations for the man I have become. A man whose life goal has always been to save humanity from extinction.”

Here's a wild prediction...

The upcoming 'big event' is Salvation using Guardian AI tech to digitise the consciousnesses of humanity, or at least members of the Pilot's Federation. Thus can Elite complete the transition to the respawning shooter-looter game we all want.

/jk

Here's a wild prediction...

The upcoming 'big event' is Salvation using Guardian AI tech to digitise the consciousnesses of humanity, or at least members of the Pilot's Federation. Thus can Elite complete the transition to the respawning shooter-looter game we all want.

/jk
We don't need Salvation for that, Pranav Antal has been working on the "digital collective" thing all along.

Prediction - Salvation's final weapon scatters the Thargoids throughout space, so afterwards, they appear randomly - pulling you out of hyperspace when you are on a cargo run and attacking you for no reason.

(Just like the good old days)

My anti-xeno superweapon has already saved billions of lives.
Yes, yes, always inspires confidence when the obvious megalomaniac throws around patently false and wildly inflated claims about their deeds. Of the many Thargoid attacks that Salvation was not around to repel, has contemporary reporting ever claimed casualties above the 10s of thousands range? A serious tragedy, yes, and if Salvation had claimed to have saved even a million lives I'd probably let it pass. But billions implies that, but for him, the Thargs would have been glassing whole terraformed worlds, and there's just no history of them doing anything of the sort.

Azimuth Biotech is currently developing the next generation of this weapon, with which I intend to permanently cripple the Thargoid war machine.”
Very interesting, if ominous. Give me a perfect "I win" button vs Thargoids, I couldn't begin to tell you where to aim it to "permanently cripple" their capabilities. Mycoid was so effective because, as a bioweapon, it spread through their own networks. The current superweapon doesn't operate on such principles. Unless he plans to somehow fire it into witchspace itself, this suggests a coming reveal of a significant new Thargoid location that he plans to target. Something we haven't seen before. It's all almost enough to bring to mind hopeless old phrases, things like like "Unknown Permit" and "Col 70".

Very interesting, if ominous. Give me a perfect "I win" button vs Thargoids, I couldn't begin to tell you where to aim it to "permanently cripple" their capabilities. Mycoid was so effective because, as a bioweapon, it spread through their own networks.
A relatively straightforward option that wouldn't need firing at a single location: make the weapon platform able to self-replicate from found materials, point a starter swarm in the direction of Thargoid space. It is based on Guardian technology, after all...

A relatively straightforward option that wouldn't need firing at a single location: make the weapon platform able to self-replicate from found materials, point a starter swarm in the direction of Thargoid space. It is based on Guardian technology, after all...
Ah yes I like that, it leads very neatly into "...and now you have N+1 problems" narrative territory.

Superpowers Stand with Azimuth​

The Alliance, Empire and Federation will continue collaborating with Salvation and Azimuth Biotech on anti-xeno operations.
Political journalist Conrad Sterling reviewed the latest developments for Vox Galactica:
“We now know the truth: Azimuth not only survived, but was responsible for many controversial activities. It contributed to the mycoid virus’s development, coordinated with Black Flight and oversaw Project Seraph. Now, this notorious organisation enjoys the trust of all three superpowers to eliminate the Thargoid threat.”
“Vocal members of the Assembly, Congress and Senate have called for everyone at Azimuth Biotech – formerly Taurus Mining Ventures – to be arrested as criminals. Professor Alba Tesreau has demanded justice for the crew of the Alexandria, which was sabotaged by Azimuth to obtain its cargo of Guardian artefacts.”
“But Allied, Federal and Imperial leaders have all deferred to their militaries to determine a course of action until the current war’s end. Their perspective can be summed up by Admiral Maxton Price’s comment: ‘Without Salvation’s superweapon, we will be locked in conflict with the Thargoids forever.’”
“Many still claim that the INRA outpost at DG Canum Venaticorum was faked by Aegis loyalists. Others noted that Salvation did not confirm that he is Caleb Wycherley, and is potentially a far younger man building upon his predecessor’s research.”
“The reality is that the momentum of Salvation’s campaign is now too strong to be diverted. As is often the case during wartime, legality and morality have been set aside to focus on achieving victory. Azimuth has done more than just survive: it has triumphed.”

Top Bottom