Things I have noticed wrong with Salvation cap ship AX CZs.

So I thought I would put these down somewhere.
Maybe others can confirm, disprove or add more.

1. You take damage for no reason when entering the CZ sometimes.
2. The Swarm isnt working.
3. NPCs and the Cap ship steal the kill sometimes.
4. Ship Launced Fighters will break the instance in open/multiplay.
5. In open the instance will get stuck and not advance the stage to a Hydra.
6. Gankers can join the CZ on the side of Humanity and still kill players, without the cap ship or the NPCs attacking them or becoming hostile to all NPCs and Players in the instance.

Everything is working as intended.
That would be more worrying than if it was bugs !

And I didnt even mention the fact bonds dont get removed when you die or that you can expoit synthed ammo by death.
Those two together mean infinate synthed ammo.

Would be much better if Fdev just added Rearm with synthed costs 1.5mil per weapon and remove the rearm with synthed when you rebuy.

Last edited:
2.. Was already confirmed disabled because they would instantly damage capital ship/mega ship and make it leave the instance and the issue with mega ship is that they can't jump real time as they never had the animation made... Swarm is only hostile if you challenge it direct, don't Agro it and its fine one less action...( Notice there's no interceptor corrosive missiles as well... )

3 Working as intended humans mercs VS AI Power faction is present... mercs are only given the pay if they insure they do enough final resistant damage after the final heart drops...
Yep you wont get paid if you do a love tap and run away on last heart... AFK turrets will lose kills as the AI will kill with their plasma repeaters faster than Ax multi cannon...

5 not just open, solo and private group will be affected as well the thargoid very offen will run away from the capital ship ive had to kill Thargoids who are over 30KM from the CZ when they Die... and when you get back to CZ distance 0.0 the other interceptors have gone 30KM from the CZ... you then have to randomly fly 30KM out multi times to find an interceptor and a single fighter battling a long distance from CZ centre point...

Last edited:
( Notice there's no interceptor corrosive missiles as well... )
Only in Horizons, Ody has them.
Shame about the swarms but oh well.

---------

As for working as intended with the NPCs stealing kills, Ive lost lots the to cap ships and nps :- 10-15 cyclops, 5 bassys, 3 medusas, 2 hydras. I/We do all the work, take out all the hearts and the npc is hitting it as my weapons reload at the end and steals the kill.

---------

That would explain the stuck instances thanks.

---------

As for working as intended with the NPCs stealing kills, Ive lost lots the to cap ships and nps :- 10-15 cyclops, 5 bassys, 3 medusas, 2 hydras. I/We do all the work, take out all the hearts and the npc is hitting it as my weapons reload at the end and steals the kill.

---------

IIRC FDev have said the cap ship steals are by design...

6. Gankers can join the CZ on the side of Humanity and still kill players, without the cap ship or the NPCs attacking them or becoming hostile to all NPCs and Players in the instance.
Not condoning or condemning but we have some of the answers for this:

1. unknown
2. Also observed.
3. Working as intended because some people might cheat, so everyone is punished.
4. Hadn't seen this, so a sometimes thing I guess.
5. I stopped going open because of #6.
6. Yep, no repercussions for jerks -- uh "role players".

---------

Can confirm, plenty of acid rockets in oddy.

I have found that sometimes, turning on night vision I can see the distant interceptor keeping progress "stuck". As mentioned, they are far far away. Dragging the npcs with them which is annoying.

So, wait, when you fly into an AX CZ you get the "choose your side" function? And you can actually choose to side with the Thargoids?

(serious question, I've never joined an AX CZ)

So, wait, when you fly into an AX CZ you get the "choose your side" function? And you can actually choose to side with the Thargoids?

(serious question, I've never joined an AX CZ)
AXCZs are not regular CZs. You enter and you can join the fight, but you do not have to and can remain neutral, to some extent, but not necessarily forever.

However, if you shoot something, you've just joined a side...

ETA: fixed the first sentence with correct info from below...

Last edited:
I don't recall an option to select a side, only to join the battle. And yes, the ganking horsecrap pretty much drove all the people I was working with out. No repercussions to them to attack players and outfitting to repel ganks means you can't really participate in the CZ.

CZs are CZs. You enter and you can pick a side, but you do not have to and can remain neutral, to some extent, but not necessarily forever.

However, if you shoot something, you've just joined a side...
Yeah, I've joined normal CZs and know about the mechanic of choosing (or choosing to not choose) a side. I just didn't think there'd even be an option programmed in for AX CZs and assumed the game would just automatically put you on the "Human side" without a choice. I've made this assumption because the Thargoid narrative has always been sort of railroaded in a single direction where the players can't really oppose the "good guys" to defend the "bad bugs."

I don't recall an option to select a side, only to join the battle. And yes, the ganking horsecrap pretty much drove all the people I was working with out. No repercussions to them to attack players and outfitting to repel ganks means you can't really participate in the CZ.
Yeah, I've joined normal CZs and know about the mechanic of choosing (or choosing to not choose) a side. I just didn't think there'd even be an option programmed in for AX CZs and assumed the game would just automatically put you on the "Human side" without a choice. I've made this assumption because the Thargoid narrative has always been sort of railroaded in a single direction where the players can't really oppose the "good guys" to defend the "bad bugs."
Yes, I stand corrected...there is only the option to join the fight...(origiinal post ammended fro future readers)...

IIRC FDev have said the cap ship steals are by design...

I understand that system for Normal CZs but ....
I dont see how they can justify it for 1hr long battles with a Hydra, with the player/players taking out all the hearts. Then NPCs steals the kill in the end.

Makes no sense for AX CZs and its not like they havent had time to fix it, this being the 4th week and all.

Makes no sense for AX CZs and its not like they havent had time to fix it, this being the 4th week and all.
Because it means doing actual work on horizons and Share holders are not paying for that, if its not going to sell EDO pay to play beta they have extreme hard sell to get the budget passed now... ( and they would likely break something way more critical in base code again 👋 ..)

yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes

Top Bottom