Search results for query: peek

1. News Sneak Peek - Europa from orbit

Some people have asked whether they can land on Europa in Horizons. Well, they can. Here is a short unedited sneak peek of Europa from orbit, flying in supercruise then orbital cruise. Still a few rough edges, but getting better. Some settlements get highlighted as we pass over (a dotted circle...
  2. News Sneek Peek at Horizons Progress

Hi All, This is a quick-and-dirty un-edited capture from Horizons from a debug build on one of our dev machines, using the debug camera on an SRV and zooming out faster and faster from a crash site on the surface of a rocky potato-shaped planetoid, not unlike Vesta in our solar system. There...
  3. News Peek of the Week

Check out one of the surface defense 'Skimmers' that will be coming in Planetary Landings, the first installment of Elite Dangerous: Horizons.
  4. News Last 'Peek' before beta - planetary surface details

Some people have asked about the level of surface detail in some of my ‘peeks’. This video has been captured from the beta we are releasing shortly, and shows the level of surface detail we have already on some worlds. Not all planets/moons are like this in beta yet, but the extra detail will...
  5. News Sneak Peek - Illegal racing in an installation

Hi everyone, here’s another unedited sneak peek dev video. On it two of our team are racing around an installation on a desert world. Some things are still not final, as before. Though there are no specific racing mechanics in the game, I'm sure CMDRs will still race! https://youtu.be/e6DEbuVGtUw
  6. News Sneak Peek - Imperial Cutter and Fortified Starport

Here’s another unedited sneak peek dev video. There are some streaming issues and the starport lighting is not final, plus some other things. The team is hard at work getting 1.5 out (likely tomorrow), so this is just me this time. I thought people hadn’t had a good look at the Imperial Cutter...
  7. News Sneak Peek #4 - SRV to the rescue

Another quick-and-dirty grab from the same dev machines as before, showing our SRV coming to the rescue of another. And yes - the collision at the end was Adam's fault! https://youtu.be/yJv3EXH0yqY
  8. News Another sneak peek at Horizons progress (SRV driving)

This is another quick-and-dirty unedited video capture from Horizons on a dev machine (the same GTX 770 as before). It was taken on a rocky moon (somewhere between Earth and Mars in size). Adam is driving this SRV, Eddie the other one. A few things still need work – the display to the right...
  9. News Another sneak peek at Horizons progress (Base Raid)

Here is this week’s quick-and-dirty unedited video capture from the Planetary Landings update for Horizons (using the same dev machines as before) as we begin a raid on a surface base, using two SRVs and a ship. Still quite a few elements need work which I won’t list here, but you can see...
  10. News Peek of the week: Cluster Compound

Greetings Commanders! This is the Cluster Compound. The third map we're revealing for Close Quarters Combat. An outpost drifting amid an asteroid field makes a deadly battleground in CQC. Coming to PC, Mac and Xbox One this year. Play the Xbox One preview soon.
  11. News Peek of the Week: Cobra Mk IV

In this weeks Peek of the Week, we show off the new Cobra Mk IV!
  12. News Sneek Peek #5 - Slow zoom from the edge of a misty crater

Here's another unedited video taken from Elite Dangerous: Horizons. Again, many things here are unfinished which I won't call out. This shows another slow zoom, but this time showing the effect of volatiles forming as a mist in a deep crater on a cold, rocky, uninhabited world...
  13. News Sneak peek

We've emailed a few sneek peek screens to the backers, but here they are as well: Michael
Top Bottom