22/03/2017, 7:11 AM · 386 replies and 48760 views.
Server should be reliable now. I've moved major database updates to a secondary database and the update runs in the background.
I also did a bunch of performance optimizations. You should see faster queries now. I reduced the load on the database by about a factor of 10. The biggest benefit came from packing pricing data into one database row per station. There are over 2.9 million price points in the database and joining against that table was taking half a second. I tried a bunch of different indexing approaches. In the end the best solution was to pack the data and unpack it on the fly during the simulation.