Planet Zoo Rides?

I'm curious to know if Planet Zoo will add rides into the game? I noticed in one of the screenshots a train in the distance. There's several types of rides they could incorporate into Planet Zoo that interacted with animal exhibits. Leave the roller coasters, water rides and flat rides to Planet Coaster, with an exception to a carousel as some zoos do have a carousel ride.

Some rides that would benefit the game include:
* Safari Tours- inspired from the Kilimanjaro Safari ride at Disney's Animal Kingdom, a off-road terrain safari bus excursion would make exhibits more immersive. This tracked ride can travel well over different types of terrain- steep hills, rocky surfaces, and even travel through rivers.

* River Cruise- inspired from the Jungle Cruise ride with the same concept with the boat ride from Planet Coaster, this could be another transport ride that takes guests down the river to explore wildlife.

* Expedition Descent- using an omnimover tracked ride, guests can board the two-passenger vehicles that we can create exhibits indoors like nocturnal species, reptiles and aquatic animals that guests can observe as they pass.

Some zoos actually have rides, but not a huge abundance of them though. I at'least hope for a carousel, safari ride, boat ride, both regular/gondola chairlift, zip line, 4d theater, polar slide, maybe a zoo themed family coaster, log flume, and flat rides like the Condor ride and Flying Eagles Ride. Maybe even an Observation Tower to see the entire zoo. I personally don't want to see a'lot of rides and coasters, but just a few to help make quick money for your zoo.

IMG_7039-min-1024x576.jpg

Phoenix-Zoo-Train.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

wildlife_zoo_050.jpg

thumb_vertigo_4.jpg

thumb_image1_32.jpg

skyride.jpg

images

Boat-ride2.jpg

flywire-zipline-04.jpg

swing.jpg

Last edited:
I at'least hope for a Carousel, Safari Ride, Boat Ride, both Regular/Gondola Chairlift, maybe a zoo themed family coaster, water ride, and flat rides like the Condor ride and Flying Eagles Ride. Maybe even an Observation Tower to see the entire zoo.
A few rides would be ok. But keep it zoo themed. More development time on animals less on rides for me.
Nice example pictures.

A few rides would be ok. But keep it zoo themed. More development time on animals less on rides for me.
Nice example pictures.
That's how I want it. At'least 5 flat rides, 3 water rides 1 being transport, 1 or 2 coasters family/thrill, 4d theater, and transport rides.

Flat Rides: Carousel, Condor Ride, Flying Eagles, Observation Tower, maybe High Swinging Ride "all zoo themed"
Water Rides: Log Flume, Boat Ride, and Water Rapids Ride "all zoo themed"
Coaster: 1 family and 1 thrill "all zoo themed"
Transport: Train, Safari Jeep, Boat Ride, Safari Bus and Train "not on tracks" "all zoo themed"

Last edited:
Not really a ride but how about petting zoos? Would be pretty cool to see your guest interacting with one.

Edit: Also I believe it was in Zoo Tycoon 1 where you could place a paddle boat rental shop on a body of water. I'd love to see that ride return!

Last edited:
That's how I want it. At'least 5 flat rides, 3 water rides 1 being transport, 1 or 2 coasters family/thrill, 4d theater, and transport rides.

Flat Rides: Carousel, Condor Ride, Flying Eagles, Observation Tower, maybe High Swinging Ride "all zoo themed"
Water Rides: Log Flume, Boat Ride, and Water Rapids Ride "all zoo themed"
Coaster: 1 family and 1 thrill "all zoo themed"
Transport: Train, Safari Jeep, Boat Ride, Safari Bus and Train "not on tracks" "all zoo themed"

For release, my opinion is that this would be too much.
I'd start the game with only transports.

I'd love the train rides expanded... different looking train types.

Also being able to have points on tracks, tracks crossing each other (anyone tried this?) layout. You could have one station at entrance and trains stopping that go to different parts of zoo... eg: "Take Arctic Express to snowy exhibits, Take Rocky Rail to Bear Mountain... Pride Express due in five minutes takes you to see Lions"... Without having Entrance area looking like it's Planet Railway Tycoon?

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
Have level crossings and tracks crossing has been a highly desired feature for planet coaster but unfortunately never made it into game. I would expect for the meantime it's going to function the same.

Top Bottom