The other question is if the Shin Dez bunch are impostors or not. I read the Flis Farserr's comment in the DW codex to mean ' hey we scrapped those missions and explain it as "they were a fake" ' and that the faction in Shin Dez is just a shell now. Others read it the other way around that since they still exist as a faction that they must be real. I guess my view is based on FDEV needing to explain why the juicy missions just ran dry...

It seems reasonable to assume that they (the real DW) might be providers of extra clues in their 'evidence they are the real deal', and this means the 'find Raxxla' game arc has a longer life as you need to solve both puzzles in series.

The Codex also hints rather heavily that they will approach you, so I expect Jorki is right that the 'I just dropped by to see your archive' response will be:

%2527Trespassers+Will+Be+Shot%2527+Textual+Art+on+Metal.jpg
Yes, it can be interpreted either way. Since they are still in business in SD then I think that means they are part of the real DW, but as some spiky-haired female said in Elite Premonition they are on “the outer rim” & therefore part of the obfuscation/misdirection. Since that was an fd-sponsored book I think they were telling us a little about TDW; we should perhaps check that assumption with Drew.

It may be that FD removed the missions for some other reason, perhaps they thought it was too much obfuscation. Though I still have a feeling that one of the devs said at some stage they were still in game, possibly implying they were moved, perhaps to the DW dark station.

No doubt we‘ll see in due course!

Yes, it can be interpreted either way. Since they are still in business in SD then I think that means they are part of the real DW, but as some spiky-haired female said in Elite Premonition they are on “the outer rim” & therefore part of the obfuscation/misdirection. Since that was an fd-sponsored book I think they were telling us a little about TDW; we should perhaps check that assumption with Drew.

It may be that FD removed the missions for some other reason, perhaps they thought it was too much obfuscation. Though I still have a feeling that one of the devs said at some stage they were still in game, possibly implying they were moved, perhaps to the DW dark station.

No doubt we‘ll see in due course!

Is that "outer rim" business a direct quote? I haven't read any of the books aside from "And Here the Wheel", to be honest. If it is, that whole talk of "obfuscation" and "outer rims" brings to mind the second post in this very thread... "Obfuscated in the Outer Rim", indeed.

Is that "outer rim" business a direct quote? I haven't read any of the books aside from "And Here the Wheel", to be honest. If it is, that whole talk of "obfuscation" and "outer rims" brings to mind the second post in this very thread... "Obfuscated in the Outer Rim", indeed.

Hi Battlehope,

Check back in this thread a bit here, I was looking at these quotes too.

/Ra

Guys, guys...I totally found it.

Screenshot_0074_zpsiec4fisk.png
OK, so maybe it's a typo...this place is called Rattla and it's, like, way bloody out here. Like, way out in some rim or the other.
Just having a bit of fun. Wishing you all well from near the core on my return home from DW2 via the Voyager Route. Don't find it before I get back!
o7

Hi Battlehope,

Check back in this thread a bit here, I was looking at these quotes too.

/Ra

Ah, true enough - I've been lurking this thread for quite a long time and definitely remember seeing your post back then, but it must have slipped my mind. Thanks!

Well, not sure it was a large Military installation, definitely a 3+ though. After experiencing a CTD having just killed 4 Goliath's with my srv, I decided to brute force my way to the data terminal in the srv using only speed, and finally succeeded in doing the scan. The DBX way sounds more expedient.

Quick Update - TDW tip off for HIP 1742:
I've managed to scan the core data terminal in a ship (as recommended), so I can verify my scanner and the installation is working as intended.

I also worked out my first problem where the scan wouldn't work for me. It was caused by my friend drawing the base aggro initially, so whilst he was being attacked, and I snuck in to scan the data terminal, it was only he who received the countdown timer from the terminals, not me?! So it's a solo venture to complete this tip-off, no help possible.

The catch is however for this tip-off, is scanning the Core Data Terminal just triggers the counter for me to scan the rest. Unfortunately a small ship capable of getting in quickly and back out for the core, gets wiped if you try to get to the others, so it looks like I'll be SRVing my way in.

Has anyone actually scanned all the terminals and survived for this installation, or did you just get the core and run? Any tips from survivors?

This is great fun btw, I'm loving the challenge! Fly Dangerously.
/ Ra

A thought ... though it might have been brought up before.

I've been trying to find any links to the old "Place that isn't a place" and "Door that is also the key" statements from the old missions. I found an interesting correlation between place that isn't a place and the philosophy of Heraclitus of Ephesus. His most famous saying was probably, "no man ever steps into the same river twice" as he concluded that the constant flow of a river meant that the river could never quite remain the same place that it was since it was in a constant state of change. At least that is how I'm understanding him.

Eridanus is the river constellation. A place that isn't a place? Now if I could find a link between Eridanus and a door or a key (I've found a few "new-agey" references to Eridanus as a door/gateway to heaven or even as a "Stargate" but I haven't found any actual references from ancient myth that would indicate that the ancients viewed it as such.

So you already know my thoughts on Hecate and Raxxla/Dark Wheel ...

What if the Dark Wheel isnt the Dark Wheel ... its not like we havent thought it.

But looking at other organizations out there, one really stands out. An affinity for alien technology, friends in high places... enough to get cooperation between all three superpowers... oh and I love their logo....

It doesnt look anything like an Aegis does it ... I also like their choice of a main base ... Delphi

edit ... thoughts

What if we are dealing with a female Club... a Coven if you will... Cynthia Sideris, Alba Tesreau... Was Rebecca a witch... Salome?

Last edited:

The other books are worth reading. Yes, the repetition of the “outermost rim” phrase is, to me, suggestive that this was an FD-approved hint. They would have proof read it so must have implicitly agreed with this statement; whether they actually suggested using it would be worth knowing, but only Drew could tell us that.

A thought ... though it might have been brought up before.

I've been trying to find any links to the old "Place that isn't a place" and "Door that is also the key" statements from the old missions. I found an interesting correlation between place that isn't a place and the philosophy of Heraclitus of Ephesus. His most famous saying was probably, "no man ever steps into the same river twice" as he concluded that the constant flow of a river meant that the river could never quite remain the same place that it was since it was in a constant state of change. At least that is how I'm understanding him.

Eridanus is the river constellation. A place that isn't a place? Now if I could find a link between Eridanus and a door or a key (I've found a few "new-agey" references to Eridanus as a door/gateway to heaven or even as a "Stargate" but I haven't found any actual references from ancient myth that would indicate that the ancients viewed it as such.

I did a bit of hypothesising and searching last year based on the old mission phrasings. Check out https://forums-new.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253/post-7137584

Guys, guys...I totally found it.

Screenshot_0074_zpsiec4fisk.png
OK, so maybe it's a typo...this place is called Rattla and it's, like, way bloody out here. Like, way out in some rim or the other.
Just having a bit of fun. Wishing you all well from near the core on my return home from DW2 via the Voyager Route. Don't find it before I get back!
o7
Someone pulling our legs when they named that one..

Top Bottom