Guardian turrets only multicrew? Tell me this is not so.

Is it true that the new Guardian turrets will only function as turrets in multiplayer?
This has to be a mistake.

Not a mistake. That's correct for any turreted weapon which is otherwise fixed only. The rule of thumb is: if there is a turreted version but no gimballed version, the turreted version will only function as a turret in multi-crew.

For this reason I only used fixed Guardian Plasma Chargers. I don't do multi-crew.

Last edited:
This is the main thing FD need to fix to give us more options and increase interest in Thargoid content.

What a strange and incomprehensible thing to do by FDev.
Is there a technical reason for this? There must be?
Why otherwise needlessly and pointlessly limit my gameplay content, just because I do not do multiplayer?

What a strange and incomprehensible thing to do by FDev.
Is there a technical reason for this? There must be?
Why otherwise needlessly and pointlessly limit my gameplay content, just because I do not do multiplayer?
I would assume cos they are thargoid and complicated and big- you can't do it all bud. ROFL

I would assume cos they are thargoid and complicated and big- you can't do it all bud. ROFL

The least FDev could do is to very clearly state in the game that a solo player cannot use these turrets as turrets, before they go grinding to acquire them.
It would be best to prevent them even from showing up in solo mode altogether.
I understand the latter would be problematic because of the way the game's modes are implemented, but if FDev wants to go this way, then I would prefer a completely separate solo mode to avoid confusion. I think this is a messy and very annoying implementation of these particular weapons.

The least FDev could do is to very clearly state in the game that a solo player cannot use these turrets as turrets, before they go grinding to acquire them.
It would be best to prevent them even from showing up in solo mode altogether.
I understand the latter would be problematic because of the way the game's modes are implemented, but if FDev wants to go this way, then I would prefer a completely separate solo mode to avoid confusion. I think this is a messy and very annoying implementation of these particular weapons.
Which turrets are you talking about specifically?
I'm confused.

Which turrets are you talking about specifically?
I'm confused.

The new Guardian turrets.
They only seem to function as fixed weapons when you prefer to play solo. They are basically useless, even though big ships might profit from them in solo too. Solo players basically are dissuaded to use them, even though they might have npc crew.
I consider it sabotage of solo gameplay. It makes no sense and it irritates me... to say the least.

Last edited:
As a fixed, not as a turret w/tracking. From my understanding- it does say it in the selection at the station. Multi-crew only for tracking.

It is more vague than that. Can't remember the exact words.
I bet a lot of soloists will only discover the lack of functionality after they have spent several hours grinding for them.

It is more vague than that. Can't remember the exact words.
I bet a lot of soloists will only discover the lack of functionality after they have spent several hours grinding for them.
I'm over 1800ly from any station or I would login and take a pic, I don't remember the exact words but it was clear to me they are NOT fully functional without multi-crew.

I'm over 1800ly from any station or I would login and take a pic, I don't remember the exact words but it was clear to me they are NOT fully functional without multi-crew.

You might be right. Perhaps you read more carefully. It was something totally unexpected to me.
Anyway... it is not the heart of my complaint.

The more I think about the way FDev implemented this, the more annoyed I get.
I perceive it as an insult.
I am going to give it a rest for now. :)

Last edited:
The turrets exists merely to have multicrew compatible guardian weapons. They were never intended to work solo and have no reason to exist for solo players as the fixed weapons are better anyway.

The turrets exists merely to have multicrew compatible guardian weapons. They were never intended to work solo and have no reason to exist for solo players as the fixed weapons are better anyway.

Turrets have a place on big vessels. As they should.
I do not believe there is a good reason to exclude soloists from using these weapons as they wish, and if they wish.
It is a weird and annoying design decision.

What is next? Might FDev decide for me that multigun turrets are not good enough for soloists?
I want to make my own decisions about the weapons I want to use and I do not wish to be excluded from using certain weapons because I play a certain mode..

I'm sure I saw a post on reddit that said the turret shard cannon did work in solo but only if you got in real close? Maybe one of the xeno veterans on here can confirm either way.

Top Bottom