[HUMOR] Fleet Carriers and Business Model to increase game sales

CMDR_Rossi:
Hello my name is Mario Rossi (typical italian name).
I'm an Elite Dangerous player. I only play Solo or Private Groups because I don't like PvP. I like flying big ships and I look forward to own a huge Fleet Carrier.

CMDR_Forum User:
Hey Super Mario, fleet carriers are only for Player Squadrons, not for single players! 🤣

CMDR_Rossi opens up his wallet and buys 2 new licence for Elite Dangerous and he submits a new Player Squadron request for his 3 CMDR's.
CMDR_Rossi is happy because when Fleet Carriers are released he can have his own as a single player. He goes and shouts out his idea in the forums.
CMDR_Forum User upvote CMDR_Rossi and he follows his example together with other thousands of players.

Frontier Development sales drastically increase and they receive enough funds to release Space Legs and Atmospheric Planets for the 2020 release.
Because of Space Legs and Atmospheric Planets, in 2020 Elite Dangerous sales increase even further because all players are so happy that they decide to buy the expansion for each licence they own.

Frontier is happy and rich, Mario is happy, his wallet is neither.

Interesting. But I suspect that a Fleet Carrer would be useless for a single pilot or a single player with three accounts, especially if there is no shipyard to store and transfer your ships.

Interesting. But I suspect that a Fleet Carrer would be useless for a single pilot or a single player with three accounts, especially if there is no shipyard to store and transfer your ships.
I don't know how many ships a player will be able to store... If it's only one then the more account you have the more ships you can store 🤣

I guess there is an assumption that a fleet carrier is a big ship you can fly, rather than a small platform you can move location from time to time.

Commander Rossi sounds cool though.

My guess is any squadron can build a carrier. All it will take is time and resouces. A dedicated single CMDR sqaudron will probably be able to get one, if they fulfill the grind requirements to get one.

I’m going to guess a fleet carrier will be a similar to The Gnosis. It will move once per week at the tick - like other mega ships. The Squadron Commander (and selected officers) will select the new location.

Top Bottom