Trading in Imperial Slaves now a no no? Polymers? Seriously?

Mmm, not sure about that.
Last week i delivered some merits with my Cutter and on the return leg i made like 5.5k per ton simply by chance. Didn't do any research :)
It depends...sometimes these things stay hot for a few ticks, but often they don't. But yes, both polymers and military fabrics have been fabulous of late, and have stayed strong for a while now, so maybe they're gonna become to go-to commodities for a while. 5500 on a repeatable, stable route that a big ship can do is pretty sweet.

I guess we all have our own favourite ways of making money, there's a myriad ways of doing it and the variables within each method are many, super awesome exciting many in some cases (Millennial speak).

At the moment (using 720 tons of space), I'm at Leopold Heckmann Ring in the Malaikudi System doing a looped route to McArthur Terminal in the Chana System, 12 Ly between so 1 jump. 9,040 total credits x 720 = 6,508,800, (It's Polymers again).
Do this loop 3 times (gets too boring after 3) and I will end with almost 20,000,000. Takes me just about an hour with no interdictions, with a couple of those adds about 5 minutes. I always make money in Solo but anything else I do in open, not going to risk losing my profits to humans.

I always work on timing, how easy it is, and what's the most I can make in about an hour. If someone can recommend another way of way of making 20,000,000 an hour using a Cutter without thinking too much I'm all ears (Ferengi joke there :)

Also use eddb.io for finding trades.

I always work on timing, how easy it is, and what's the most I can make in about an hour. If someone can recommend another way of way of making 20,000,000 an hour using a Cutter without thinking too much I'm all ears (Ferengi joke there :)

You will make more than that per hour doing either Painite Laser mining or Void Opal Extraction. Well, at least I think you can with Void Opals (haven't done that myself), but ballpark I can make 100M CR/hr mining for painite in a dual hotspot ring using a T9. Total earning doing that last weekend was about half a billion credits, but ye gods it's boring, at least until the trip to sell all that painite.

You will make more than that per hour doing either Painite Laser mining or Void Opal Extraction. Well, at least I think you can with Void Opals (haven't done that myself), but ballpark I can make 100M CR/hr mining for painite in a dual hotspot ring using a T9. Total earning doing that last weekend was about half a billion credits, but ye gods it's boring, at least until the trip to sell all that painite.

You've pricked up my ears (sorry, no more Ferengi jokes), I will look into this, 100M/hr is worth my time figuring out how to do this fer sher.
Never done any mining though, so you think a T9 would do the trick? I've not heard of 'dual hotspot rings', although it sounds, well, not quite legal, I'm sure I can find out.
Thanks dragoniv.

See, the 416 tons in my Corvette go a lot farther doing this. Added bonus--it's outfitted to do battle with the Deadly and Elite Anacondas and Type 10s that would interrupt my money making activities. Which just adds to the entertainment, but definitely drops CR/hr. Price you gotta pay for having fun, I guess.
I don't have the credits, for a bigger ship, at this time. I would need to grind to get to the Cutter and I have no intentions of doing so. I just play to enjoy, nothing more.

This makes me really happy to see bulk trading become more viable. I actually am really enjoying the newly enhanced in-game tools for finding these routes as well. While void opals pay a lot more it does seem to be a bit of a golden age for bulk traders as well. Been having a blast trading away in my Type-9.

Polymers seem to be pretty consistent though the locations of the high profit loops shift about.

You've pricked up my ears (sorry, no more Ferengi jokes), I will look into this, 100M/hr is worth my time figuring out how to do this fer sher.
Never done any mining though, so you think a T9 would do the trick? I've not heard of 'dual hotspot rings', although it sounds, well, not quite legal, I'm sure I can find out.
Thanks dragoniv.

I'll help you out. Or rather, CMDR Exigeous will.

I don't have the credits, for a bigger ship, at this time. I would need to grind to get to the Cutter and I have no intentions of doing so. I just play to enjoy, nothing more.

Neither did I at the time, so when I moved on from my Clipper (such a wonderful ship) I bought a T-9. The Cutter(s) and Corvette came much, much later.

What I did for a year in that T9 could charitably be called grinding, yes. :D

Last edited:
There's nothing quite like a T9, especially once you look behind your seat in VR. Be warned, it's probably the most challenging ship to evade NPC interdictions in. Still one of my favorite ships, tho.

Congrats on your Elite Trader status!!!

There's nothing quite like a T9, especially once you look behind your seat in VR. Be warned, it's probably the most challenging ship to evade NPC interdictions in. Still one of my favorite ships, tho.
I owned a T9 before and during my grind to get the Cutter, I rather liked it too... it made me the credits to fundt he Cutter. Yes I did find NPC interdictions to be nerve racking with the T9, don't get that now, I just let them shoot at me with whatever they have and calmly fly away when the FSD warms up. :)

Neither did I at the time, so when I moved on from my Clipper (such a wonderful ship) I bought a T-9. The Cutter(s) and Corvette came much, much later.

What I did for a year in that T9 could charitably be called grinding, yes. :D
I have about 300milion in assets and have thought about trading in my Clipper, but even with that, I would still be about 200million, short, for the Cutter; with enough re-buys to run it in open. So my choice is simple. Play more and do some grinding. Or just enjoy the game.

I have about 300milion in assets and have thought about trading in my Clipper, but even with that, I would still be about 200million, short, for the Cutter; with enough re-buys to run it in open. So my choice is simple. Play more and do some grinding. Or just enjoy the game.
If you do a trade in make sure you find the best place to sell it- really take a hit in inara if you don't. Found that out the hard way.

Top Bottom