have you seen this?

IIGBIpp.jpg

it seems another leak:

Deleted member 110222

D
have you seen this?

IIGBIpp.jpg

it seems another leak:
It's 4chan, so no way in heck am I clicking the link. (Very bad experience years ago on a laptop...)

But if you're willing to give a run-down, I'd be very grateful.

After the recent Planet-series announcements I give these leaks a lot more weight.

Looks quite genuine if you compare the details, yes.

Hahaha nice one space legs!!!

EDIT: tempted to break my no cosmetics since they screwed exploration rule and get that in celebration.

Last edited:
Hmm, super weird that the source would continue to give info, would put their job even further at risk. (Possibly the leaker spooling out what they've got?)

(Is the email screengrab ludicrously blurry for anyone else? Or just my phone :/) [EDIT: It was my phone :D]

The Tharg concept does look very FDev. If that's the form could totally go with it.

Last edited:
Do we know why they are doing this? If caught its going to do an awful lot of damage to their career as well as making life difficult for the company.

Do we know why they are doing this? If caught its going to do an awful lot of damage to their career as well as making life difficult for the company.

only reason i can think of is that the email is fake. it would be too easy for frontier to narrow down the source from there. possibly a red herring, either to protect the source or some vendetta. then again, i've met really, really dumb people ...

Well...even if it could all be fake I love all these leaks about Elite Dangerous. It gives us a bone to chew until FDev dare to drop some info about next era...

My son actually refuses to play Elite because the game world isn't complete... He wants to be able to land on any planet his ship logically could and everything else would break immersion. Can't really blame him for that actually.
It's probably not just your son but a good amount of other potential customers out there. After all, there are already space-leg, base-building, landing on atmo-planet games out already (space engineer, no man's sky, and several others), so if a new player comes along, what would attract him/her to get Elite over any other option? For Elite to stay competitive with all the other ones (and the ones under development like Dual Universe) Frontier has to add atmo-planets, space-legs, and base building all at once. They pretty much need all of it, and they need it soon.

That was my assumption as well to be honest. It seemed weird if that wasn't the case to me. I mean... saying an engine can display 16K level stuff isn't saying anything at all, so I figured they meant they had made the textures (etc) in that level of detail for future use. Is an assumption though.
There definitely is a 16k version of ED back at Frontier, probably not playable but they use the technology to get screenshots they use for their giant painting at events like Gamescom, E3, etc. Other companies use paintings, ED prints screengrabs at insane definition.
Only our commercial version is gimped. For now.

edit:...actually...
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-16k-133-megapixel-screenshots-thread.29168/

Top Bottom