Help with Imperial Ranking/Anaconda

Some good advice in this thread.

I am currently a Squire, but once I am back from the black, want to rank up to Baron for the iClipper. Am based in Imperial space, and am just about allied with the controlling faction there, will certainly be once I turn in the carto data. Funny thing was, I did a few assassination missions, and that blew up my ranking with the Empire... It has since settled while I've been out in the black, tho'.

Some good advice in this thread.

I am currently a Squire, but once I am back from the black, want to rank up to Baron for the iClipper. Am based in Imperial space, and am just about allied with the controlling faction there, will certainly be once I turn in the carto data. Funny thing was, I did a few assassination missions, and that blew up my ranking with the Empire... It has since settled while I've been out in the black, tho'.
Just do courier missions between Ngalinn and Mainani and you'll rank up in no time. Take a medium ship, because of outposts.

Hey, so I've gotten back to playing the game and I remember why I last quit it... I was getting frustrated by not being able to advance past the Imperial rank of Master.
I have 100% rank and 75% Friendly Reputation. I've got an anaconda ship... What am I supposed to do ? I just can't find rank up missions on Any imperial war. I know it's also not a fresh 100%, I've grinded a lot last time.
Please someone help me figure it out. It's really annoying : (

On the bright side, anything you're doing which would increase your Imp' rank will be carried forward to the next rank.

When you do complete a rank-up mission, you'll probably find that you're already part-way through the next rank.

Least you're not wasting your time.

I just want to confirm I found passenger rescue missions from burning stations to be the fastest rank grinding gaining method, as these can be stacked and the turnaround is quick between the burning station and rescue mega ship. You just need to occasionaly visit a station where your reputation >= Friendly, to pick up a rank mission when your progress through your current rank reaches 100% (or greater).

Think I might do that for a bit, if I can find where I left my Cobra. Probably need to man it up a bit, though as Imp space definitely less benign than Alliance or Feddie (PvE).
I'll do my shuttling in Viper III with 'go faster stripes' until I get the rank, then swap for the courier and do a little more for permit unlocks. Then later Fed ranking for permits :)

Have fun - at least data runs are short, stack nicely, and the hunters coming after you are just an 'occupational hazard' :)

Just do courier missions between Ngalinn and Mainani and you'll rank up in no time. Take a medium ship, because of outposts.

Thanks, the only large ship I have is a Type-7, rest are all small or medium. I like doing Imperial missions in, well, an Imperial Courier that has some bite for those interdictions I feel like submitting to.

Hey, so I've gotten back to playing the game and I remember why I last quit it... I was getting frustrated by not being able to advance past the Imperial rank of Master.
I have 100% rank and 75% Friendly Reputation. I've got an anaconda ship... What am I supposed to do ? I just can't find rank up missions on Any imperial war. I know it's also not a fresh 100%, I've grinded a lot last time.
Please someone help me figure it out. It's really annoying : (

Down to earth astronomy has a video that tells you how to rank up all the way tp king and I can personally attest that it works. It's good to be the King.

I'll give you a secret: Quivira take any mission they give you, once you ally up ANY "Imperial Navy" missions- take them no matter what they are.

I only did currier and transport missions. They have a very select set of systems, about 5 that you will just run in a circle- and up it goes.

If you aren't finding rank up missions....make sure you are visiting stations with Imperial factions that you have decent reputation with. You won't get a rank up mission from any factions that you haven't also rep'd up with.

I don't remember what rep level is required exactly, but it's higher than neutral and I think less than allied. So either friendly or cordial. I think cordial, because I recall it take a little bit of time to get the rep high enough when I changed stations while grinding for the Cutter.

Deleted member 38366

D
Rescue missions from an attacked station are actually useful life-saving activities, and also skyrocket your rank.

^^^^^^
Exactly this !

Equip Economy Class Cabins to the roof and you'll be able to evac 162 PAX w/ an Anaconda even with max Shields. Even more if the Shield Gen is dropped a class.
Then visit a burning Station in a System with alot of Empire Factions and load up 15+ PAX Missions and finish them for ++Rep where available.

Rank progression with fly along faster than any other method could possibly permit. You'll blast right by Baron and will very soon be able to buy a Cutter instead ;)

^^^^^^
Exactly this !

Equip Economy Class Cabins to the roof and you'll be able to evac 162 PAX w/ an Anaconda even with max Shields. Even more if the Shield Gen is dropped a class.
Then visit a burning Station in a System with alot of Empire Factions and load up 15+ PAX Missions and finish them for ++Rep where available.

Rank progression with fly along faster than any other method could possibly permit. You'll blast right by Baron and will very soon be able to buy a Cutter instead ;)
I tried that but was never offered a navy mission, although I didn't try it very long.

Deleted member 38366

D
I tried that but was never offered a navy mission, although I didn't try it very long.

The Naval Missions require to visit another Empire (or Fed) place, preferably where you're allied to multiple Factions

Otherwise you might get a Naval Progression Mission but are blocked from it "Required Reputation : Allied".
And if multiple Empire/Fed Factions are present, only one of them will offer such a Mission.

Notably, Board flipping works for Naval Progression Missions (no Mode change required though).
Don't like what you see? Just close the Mission Board and open it up again - another one will be picked by RNG, possiby by another Faction.
(I did my last one as a Courier Mission, because by Rescue Ship didn't have any Cargo space and wasn't suitable for Combat Missions... took a few looks at the Mission board but eventually a simple Courier Task came along)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya I agree you have to be allied up or you won't get them, I suggested that system due to it's all most all Imperial reps giving missions. I am going to work on the rest of the ranks when I get back from Exploring. Then Combat if not both at the same time ;)

Top Bottom