Missing hot spots

I went to a system and found some void opal hot spots by scanning. After mining for a while I jumped to an other system to sell. After coming back all the yellow hot spots were gone. They show in the nav menu but the rings have no colored spots anymore. What gives?

I know, I was in analysis mode. I worked just fine at an other planet. The rings were scanned and all worked well. Hotspots show up bright yellow and red. Do you need to rescan the rings when you return to them?

Deleted member 38366

D
AFAIK there used to be (still is?) a bug where the Hotspot visuals just didn't show up anymore on a case-by-case basis.
I had two cases in the past :
  • visuals didn't show but Hotspots were still in the NAV Panel when close enough (a few Ls max. , sometimes closer than that)
  • neither scanned hotspots nor Visuals appeared, required DSS re-mapping of Rings

I'm not 100% sure but I recall that used to happen most predominantly with Rings where only the Rings were scanned - but not their Bodies (Planet/Gas Giant).
I never found out if selling UC Data for that System fixed that, but at some point it looked like that might have been the key.
(i.e. Scan & Mine, forget to sell UC Data or it being <20LY limit - the return to find the Hotspots gone and having to re-scan them with the DSS)

But for as long as a DSS is fitted, any scanned Rings >should< display properly. Should.

I was in my usual mining spot last night and as I approached there were no visible hotspots until very close to the rings. Then they just appeared, suddenly.

Flimley

I went back to the ring with the missing hot spots and checked the nav window. Targeted the hotspot and flew into it. Never lit up. Flew to next planet in the system with icy rings. Scanned it and the hotspots lit up. Found lots of void opals. 78 million pay out.

This is still not fixed; was there a bug report or only a forum post like this?

I was orbiting a planet; briefly the game showed the orange circles. After about 5 seconds the circles were gone. Only the map markers remain visible. It is impossible to tell how big the hotspot is.

addon: They disappear about 10 seconds after reloggin

Last edited:
I’ve been getting this on PS4. Not 100% sure but seems to be when the planet is very brightly lit by a nearby star?

Also had some hotspots showing up when I swear I haven’t scanned the rings ...

Weird!

This has certainly been happening more recently.

I went to a favourite Opal site the other day, and not only were the hotspot graphics missing, but also the POIs. Relog seemed to fix.

zombiethumsbup.jpg

Top Bottom