Panther Clipper, Cheezy Please

Won't be a game changer. It will just be another ship that can haul more than anything else. It will still be hauling.
I agree in terms of as a general statement BUT I do also get where the OP is coming from I think. A lot would depend on how the Panther Clipper is balanced and implemented. FD have shown they are not afraid to mix things up a bit with their implementation of the Krait vessels.

I agree in terms of as a general statement BUT I do also get where the OP is coming from I think. A lot would depend on how the Panther Clipper is balanced and implemented. FD have shown they are not afraid to mix things up a bit with their implementation of the Krait vessels.
And they made two of the very best ships in the game with those. While at the same time introducing the Challenger and Crusader, which aren't that great.

Thing is, i think some people have in their heads a ship that is all goodness with no or few downsides. Like it more or less was in FFE.

I wonder how those people would react to a ship that while having massive cargo space has a top speed of less than a Type 9 and the manouverability of a dead cow.

It depends on what this Panther Clipper can do.
Will it be the old one, full of shields with the biggest weapons available that kills anything smaller than a station? Or will it be a large ship barely fitting the landing bay (and the entry slot), protected by a class 8 shield and some medium turrets?
The first was totally unballanced (but OK for single player), the second would possibly replace the Type-9 and some Imperial Cutters.
P.S. I did a rough calculation, a ship barely fitting the landing bay would have nearly 100% more space than a Type-9, or less depending on how much is "wasted" on wings and such.

The size 8 FSD is in the game and even in stock at a lot of stations, as you can easily see on EDDB or Inara.
That ship can jump away after 10 seconds (if it accepted the interdiction), so that is all the time you get to cripple it.
Looks like a case of "I caught it but what do I do now?"

And they made two of the very best ships in the game with those. While at the same time introducing the Challenger and Crusader, which aren't that great.
Assessment any given ship is highly subjective - a lot depends on what people expect and not everyone expects the same things.

IMO the Challenger and Crusader are possibly better than the Krait variants in some ways but worse in others - ship assessment is anything but a cut-and-dry/black-and-white thing.

Thing is, when we get the Panther Clipper weird builds will start. I run a Type 10 with no weapons, beefed up for Trading - works fine. Imagine a Panther Clipper tooled for combat.....

Thing is, when we get the Panther Clipper weird builds will start. I run a Type 10 with no weapons, beefed up for Trading - works fine. Imagine a Panther Clipper tooled for combat.....
I want it to have dozens of turrets but with little to no convergence for the ultimate flying fortress feel. And a huge hardpoint under the nose.

Assessment any given ship is highly subjective - a lot depends on what people expect and not everyone expects the same things.

IMO the Challenger and Crusader are possibly better than the Krait variants in some ways but worse in others - ship assessment is anything but a cut-and-dry/black-and-white thing.
True enough, but the statistics appear to agree with me. Of course that is only the Inara ship usage statistic, but I think it's pretty representative. The ranking in our wing are pretty much the same, with a few minor differences here and there.

That said, I consider the Mamba underrated. I suspect many never looked at it again after seeing how bad it was initially in the beta. But meanwhile it has been fixed pretty well and can rock combat zones.

Can you please please please bring out the Panther Clipper, it will be a game changer for traders and a long awaited trading ship for cargo runs and mission based.

Thank you in anticipation
I have been awaiting for the Panther Clipper since the early kickstarter days
Still No Clipper
I think frontier Need to focus a bit on releasing ships
Old & new
Elite can be repetitive
So at least with a ship here & there would be a nice update...
During the kickstarter days I ask for different HUD’s
For different ships
Because this would be right...
Just a different look to it...
But the same things displayed
I seen the stuff to change it to different colors but it’s a pain in the hind end
They should have done that from day 1
But I luv elite but in some areas it could be better :/

It doesnt have to dock internally, through the window, it could be remotely docked within a set distance from a station. I am sure the ship could be used for a multiple of uses not just cargo, I just hope it has acceptable maneuverability on the turn, not like the T9 which is basically like flying a brick and the T10 aint much better tbh. I know people like the T10 and it does have its uses but it could still do with tweeking despite its size. The Mamba is an excellent ship for combat over 600 on the boost, all beams, nice little hit n run or close combat. The corvette seems to turn faster than the Anaconda yet corvette is larger. Cutter is a good all rounder but again a little sluggish on the turn and way slower than the corvette.

Thanks for all your input so far, Im sure it will make a lot of CMDR's happy when the Panther finally comes out no matter what we are all going to use it for. Maybe an interesting multiple build. But I do think its down to the turning curve.

Top Bottom