Merge Issues in Issuetracker - really important for game quality.

Find a way to merge the same issues to one, either by user input or by assigning staff to this.
All but one of these are regarding the same bug. How can we get an issue voted on if it's spread to dozens of tickets.

I was searching for this exactly graphical bug today. And was shocked with results.
Totally agree, it have to be handled and merged.

I think someone at FDev needs to go on a merge-a-thon, then make the first step you have to do before submitting a new issue is to conduct a search of the existing issues.

Some developer feedback on this suggestion would be appreciated. Will these bug remain unsolved just because they are spread across several duplicate issues?

I have a nasty feeling that the onus is on us, the bug submitters, to make damn sure before creating a new issue that someone hasn't already reported it. If there are duplicates then pick the one with the most contributions and/or votes and add your voice to that. I also recommend adding links to all the duplicates in your contributions post so that when FD look at one issue they can immediately find all the others. I'm afraid we shouldn't just assume FD are going to spot dup's for us ... we need to be vigilant as a community and somewhat do their job for them if we care about our bugs and want to have them fixed.

I think someone at FDev needs to go on a merge-a-thon, then make the first step you have to do before submitting a new issue is to conduct a search of the existing issues.
Pretty sure they haven't implemented a Merge feature yet - some of the dupes are now marked as Invalid (because they are dupes). Which seems a good way to annoy the people who raised those issues, as they are not Invalid, they are dupes.

Anyway, fdev already stated that they look at all bugs, so best leave fdev to manage them - it's fdev's choice if they want to leave the issue tracker as a mess of duplicates 🤷‍♀️

Pretty sure they haven't implemented a Merge feature yet - some of the dupes are now marked as Invalid (because they are dupes). Which seems a good way to annoy the people who raised those issues, as they are not Invalid, they are dupes.

Anyway, fdev already stated that they look at all bugs, so best leave fdev to manage them - it's fdev's choice if they want to leave the issue tracker as a mess of duplicates 🤷‍♀️
That’s true, but doesn’t help the OP’s issue - how are we supposed to effectively vote on bugs and let FDev know what we’d like addressed, which was supposed to be a good feature of the new bug reporting system?

That’s true, but doesn’t help the OP’s issue - how are we supposed to effectively vote on bugs and let FDev know what we’d like addressed, which was supposed to be a good feature of the new bug reporting system?
Organise yourselves on the forums and brigade the bugtracker. Simple enough, been done a fair bit.

Organise yourselves on the forums and brigade the bugtracker. Simple enough, been done a fair bit.
Again, true, and something I have also done. I also think we shouldn’t have to be doing it, as the feature could be better implemented in the new issue tracker, perhaps with a mandatory search function as the first step in submitting a bug report.

Here are the links I collected, also user id on those which have extra contributions. I have submitted this list as a support ticket also.

Odd visual distortion inside foggy asteroids fields
#08F9E0786AE632B
#C54D88A782B7C66
#9BDEBD3997661E1

Graphical glitch in asteroid fields
#B6CCA7575E4416E
#6829838773D1D19
#E5A0BF2483A3290
#6829838773D1D19
#2D412B87A45D4A5
#2ABE7C642076624
#9BDEBD3997661E1

Lines around asteroids and objects in dust
#0AF2712C616E43A

Graphics pixilated on all asteroids
#02A4E3759B38CDF
#2D412B87A45D4A5
#02A4E3759B38CDF

Graphical bug aroud asteroids in rings. Asteroids surrounded in fog looks really bad
#F70A4D4CC6CDDB1
#C4D0041A57920D0
#D7F70D051224AD4

In VR objects such as asteroids in a rings

VR graphical issue asteroid fields

#5A847F65DAB74C8

FPS drop and weird distortion with Oculus Rift headset near stations, asteroidfields.

Asteroids (rings) are fuzzy, and any ships passing in front of them too

#11ECB25D6A60920
#8CCF291A227CFEE
#6829838773D1D19
#584D61F8D6FDC9C
#771D3E918A83641
#8B9543409DE2275

In asteroid fields with dust I see little parallel lines on the outer edges of the asteroids.

In VR objects such as asteroids in a rings

Graphical artifacts in the rings

Hashed graphics in lower quality settings

#C54D88A782B7C66
#88588875CA4D414
#2D412B87A45D4A5

Last edited:
For what it's worth, none of my bug reports have got to Confirmed, but some of them have still been fixed (and marked as fixed in the tracker, too)

So I think all that's really being lost is the bug tracker showing 1900 bugs when there's actually probably only 400 or so.

Again, true, and something I have also done. I also think we shouldn’t have to be doing it, as the feature could be better implemented in the new issue tracker, perhaps with a mandatory search function as the first step in submitting a bug report.
There is a mandatory search function as the first step in submitting a bug report.

It generally either returns nothing, or some completely irrelevant stuff, since the search it uses is terrible, but it is there!

There is a mandatory search function as the first step in submitting a bug report.

It generally either returns nothing, or some completely irrelevant stuff, since the search it uses is terrible, but it is there!
Ah, please amend my suggestion to actually getting the search function functioning in a functional manner! (I’ve only appended to reports with the new system, so thanks for the heads-up)

Great work collating some of those Issue tracker issues!

And while I agree it's the Community's job to ensure bug reports are added properly it would help a lot if the issue tracker was a more standard one. It's a real PITA to navigate other issues and there's no way for us to manage issues, or even suggest issue management, such as marking issues as (possible) duplicates etc.

Ideally the Issue Tracker should allow us (or nominated members of the public in Good Standing) to perform a first-stage triage on issues. As it stands it's barely suitable. Inhouse tech isn't always the best answer to a problem.

Heard back from support, here is what they said:

Hello CMDR.

Thanks for getting in touch.

There is in fact an internal report for this issue and it's currently under investigation, pending a fix, though I regret I don't have an ETA for that.

The issue tracker is still relatively new and so we've a few kinks to iron out! Do rest assured that it's actively monitored though and hopefully, it will become more streamlined as time goes on :)

Please don't hesitate to get back in touch at any time if you've any other queries or issues.

Kind regards,

CMDR Luna
Totally out there.

Elite Dangerous Customer Support Wing

I am sorry to have to bump this thread but issues are still not merged and the bug related, not fixed. I am disappointed and I again SUGGEST in this suggestions forum that the team start going through the issues and merge them so we can effectively vote on them.

Top Bottom