Saw this asked a couple pages back, but jumping to another system through the eye of a BH yields nothing (Mis-jump)

Tried/tested
Maybe only some BH's act as wormholes - possibly try this in the maya system as the BH is (apparently) surrounded by thargoids who may have come through it. Possibly a wormhole straight to a permit locked area ;)
I'm up there at the moment but won't be able to play until tomorrow, so may give it a go then.

Maybe only some BH's act as wormholes - possibly try this in the maya system as the BH is (apparently) surrounded by thargoids who may have come through it. I'm up there at the moment but won't be able to play until tomorrow, so may give it a go then.

Haven't tried to jump through the Maia system BH, but did play with the lensing effect on nearby Nebulas to see if anything would be unveiled.

Same result, everytime, unfortunately.

I'd give it a go, but I'm about 3-4hrs travel time from the bubble ATM. 😊

Maybe only some BH's act as wormholes - possibly try this in the maya system as the BH is (apparently) surrounded by thargoids who may have come through it. Possibly a wormhole straight to a permit locked area ;)
I'm up there at the moment but won't be able to play until tomorrow, so may give it a go then.
someone else suggested because of their massive gravity it just makes it a good focal point for a super long-range jumps. I feel like that seems a lot more plausible realistically.but either way I wouldn't count anything out we've never seen a white hole in this game

Yes very much this - I am also liking the idea that the "creators" of Jasmina and possibly Gan could be the Siren-like Keledones - mechanical golden "sirens" made by Hephaestus (wonder what Flint Lafosse would say) for the 3rd Delphic temple... which according to Pindar.. "the gods hid within the earth, which they opened up with a thunderbolt" ( I keep hoping something is hidden in Maia). Just visualizing the Creators as Bird-Women and Thargoids as Bee-Dogs... :)

The Far God cult definitely saw the Thargoids as messengers/intermediaries ... preparing they way for their god to arrive.. Through a cosmic gate perhaps?

I seem to remember that it was indicated that Thargoids were possibly communicating using some "telepathic" means or something like that ... And it seems these "creators" might be as well ? To borrow a quote from our favorite tinfoiler Mr Bentonio "Thargoids have been exerting direct influence over human society. Everything that is happening is unfolding according to their plan. Soon, it will be too late!"

I hear they are swarming in the Pleiades...

On a side note here is a nice article about the Myth of the First Temples at Delphi:
Sourvinou-Inwood, Christiane. “The Myth of the First Temples at Delphi.” The Classical Quarterly, vol. 29, no. 2, 1979, pp. 231–251. JSTOR, www.jstor.org/stable/638091.

Scytale

Banned
Sorry for coming with a trivial and technical question...
Was messing around with the GalMap and I stumbled on a bookmark, one of these 'in-system', but then, when looking at the system map, the main star appears as "unexplored" . Is that possible ? Because of a auto-destruction ? But the bookmark remained, aswell as the possibility to enter the system map... Empty system, no info. Appears as not visited.
So how can I have a system body bookmark put on? And zoom into ? Buggy/inconsistent game mechanics ?
(I must precise I never earned a Hutton free Conda ;) )

Last edited:
I guess if you know the name of a body (i.e. sol 3 a, Earth's moon) it will target said system and you can place a bookmark. You don't have to have been to said systems body to bookmark it.

But an 'in-system' body bookmark? ' Trying with other unknown systems and it doesn't work. And zooming into ? Nope. That system also is empty. No planets nor moons... Weird.
How can you know there’s nothing inside the system if you’ve never been there? The system map would be inaccessible. So either a bug &/or you were destroyed there before scanning anything? No, more likely you entered, scanned, placed the in-system bookmark, then were destroyed before selling the data? What is the in-system bookmark on if you have no planets or moons showing??
The other possibility is that it’s due to an FD bug &/or you’ve got a bookmark from someone else, maybe a wing member? I remember when several bookmarks mysteriously appeared for everyone about a year ago due to a bug, theN they were removed. It’s not a squadron bookmark is it?
Do you have EDD? If so you could search for that system in your travel history & see what happened, search to see when/if you were destroyed etc

Last edited:
But an 'in-system' body bookmark? ' Trying with other unknown systems and it doesn't work. And zooming into ? Nope. That system also is empty. No planets nor moons... Weird.
I apologise, I meant you could bookmark the specific in system body because it was the search subject not the system itself. Is that better explained as to my meaning? Like, if you've never been to Sol, but you know Earth is the third planet and it has 1 moon makin the moon sol 3 a. You could set a bookmark on sol 3 a without having ever been there.

I'm not implying that this is what you did or suggesting you did this and then forgot in some way. Only saying that this is a method I know one could use to bookmark a body in a system without visiting the system.

Sorry for coming with a trivial and technical question...
Was messing around with the GalMap and I stumbled on a bookmark, one of these 'in-system', but then, when looking at the system map, the main star appears as "unexplored" . Is that possible ? Because of a auto-destruction ? But the bookmark remained, aswell as the possibility to enter the system map... Empty system, no info. Appears as not visited.
So how can I have a system body bookmark put on? And zoom into ? Buggy/inconsistent game mechanics ?
(I must precise I never earned a Hutton free Conda ;) )
In the old system before FSS, you had to actively scann the main star.
It’s probably a system you visited before the change.

Scytale

Banned
Yeah. Must be a little bit of everything you say, guys. Simpler answer being often the best. Kind of bug... Must be..
A system I visited. Honked and bookmarked one of its bodies. Then I auto-destructed. And, for some technical reason, the bookmark remained. As well as the possibility to see the system map, even when marked as unexplored.
Weird things of ED...
5NR66Uh.png

ZIfHhew.png
Or the Gods of the Galaxy are sending me a sign to push me to go there and investigate... The thing is I am an agnostic and so I don't believe in them.
(Well.. Scytale is a zealot of The True Belief, though.. :unsure: But Scytale is also a very down-to-earth cryptographic technique . This 🤓.)
Like, if you've never been to Sol, but you know Earth is the third planet and it has 1 moon makin the moon sol 3 a. You could set a bookmark on sol 3 a without having ever been there.
How can we do that ? I am trying but no way I can manage it...

Last edited:
Yeah. Must be a little bit of everything you say, guys. Simpler answer being often the best. Kind of bug... Must be..
A system I visited. Honked and bookmarked one of its bodies. Then I auto-destructed. And, for some technical reason, the bookmark remained. As well as the possibility to see the system map, even when marked as unexplored.
Weird things of ED...
5NR66Uh.png

ZIfHhew.png
Or the Gods of the Galaxy are sending me a sign to push me to go there and investigate... The thing is I am an agnostic and so I don't believe in them.
(Well.. Scytale is a zealot of The True Belief, though.. :unsure: But Scytale is also a very down-to-earth cryptographic technique . This 🤓.)

How can we do that ? I am trying but no way I can do it...
Bookmarks only go if you manually delete them.

I had a load of Unexplored bookmarks for a while, but know exactly how they got there.

They were from a pre 3.3 (around 2.1 maybe) trip.

Was travelling somewhere so was jumping and honking. Bookmarked interesting systems to come back to. They were mainly undiscovered systems.

As it was honk only for those systems, they still show as Unexplored after handing in the explo data.

Surface scanning but ship being destroyed before handing in explo data would result in the same thing I would think.

If you can see the system map I would suspect that you’re in the former type of scenario not the latter. Can’t be sure without testing though.

Weird things of ED...
5NR66Uh.png

ZIfHhew.png

How can we do that ? I am trying but no way I can manage it...

Well, you’d better go there and tell them in person they don’t exist!
(Recommend carrying a well-earthed lightning rod & wearing asbestos underwear! 😗)

Bookmarks only go if you manually delete them.

I had a load of Unexplored bookmarks for a while, but know exactly how they got there.

They were from a pre 3.3 (around 2.1 maybe) trip.

Was travelling somewhere so was jumping and honking. Bookmarked interesting systems to come back to. They were mainly undiscovered systems.

As it was honk only for those systems, they still show as Unexplored after handing in the explo data.

Surface scanning but ship being destroyed before handing in explo data would result in the same thing I would think.

If you can see the system map I would suspect that you’re in the former type of scenario not the latter. Can’t be sure without testing though.
@Scytale Just checked in game and I've still got a few bookmarks of that nature left.

They're all ones where I bookmarked the main star from the SysMap.

Just in case you don't spot it immediately, note that the bookmark symbol is one for a star, not for a system.

Here's one for reference:

In System Bookmark.jpg

Scytale

Banned
Yeah. Well, in my case it's a planet/moon bookmark symbol. Over an unvisited/undiscovered system red dot, though I can enter the system map, where no body nor bookmark appears.
What a mess.. 😝

Last edited:
Yeah. Well, in my case it's a planet/moon bookmark symbol. Over an unvisited/undiscovered system red dot, though I can enter the system map, where no body nor bookmark appears.
What a mess.. 😝
Yeah, if it’s showing as Not Visited via the Visited Stars Galmap filter then that’s definitely odd. Visited stars still show as visited even if your ships destroyed without handing the explo data i.

Scytale

Banned
There must be a siren playing with my GalMap... Da da doo da dee da daaa...
If my limited playtime wasn't fully used building sand castles in... another space game... I definitely would flly 26 KLy and even launch that abominable FSS to look into that...

Last edited:
Top Bottom