X1 performance issues

So after the update which affected FPS drops around stations and so on...I am still having frame drops when accessing both left and right panels in areas with few ships or when I'm searching material drops in the contact info panel.
Anyone else still experiencing these issues

Thanks for the suggestion bud I tried that tho and wasn't a fan I like the mapped way...I'm hopeful the issues will disappear with the September update.

So after the update which affected FPS drops around stations and so on...I am still having frame drops when accessing both left and right panels in areas with few ships or when I'm searching material drops in the contact info panel.

Might be worth trying turning off head look smoothing & idle hand animations in the options. May help.

Hey man again thanks for the suggestion done that aswell turned the idle hand off with the horizon update.
Only thing I haven tried is running the game from an SSD.
Still running the vanilla X1 so should maybe just bite the bullet and upgrade....was kinda hoping to get it to to the new Xbox launch tho.

Hey man again thanks for the suggestion done that aswell turned the idle hand off with the horizon update.
Only thing I haven tried is running the game from an SSD.
Still running the vanilla X1 so should maybe just bite the bullet and upgrade....was kinda hoping to get it to to the new Xbox launch tho.
I had a 360 until last year, then the controller died, so I got a 1X. I tend to hang onto a console until something breaks!

I'm playing on the One X and getting the same issue when selecting contacts panel, even if I change the resolution to 1080p performance. It's really bad in a had res / conflict zone etc. Buying a new console won't fix the issue.

Thanks for letting me know hope it will be sorted come the September / December updates.

It's no a game breaker but it definitely takes away from the enjoyment.

I'm playing on the One X and getting the same issue when selecting contacts panel, even if I change the resolution to 1080p performance. It's really bad in a had res / conflict zone etc. Buying a new console won't fix the issue.

XB1S here, playing upscaled to 4k, and i do have the performance issues when i access the contacts panel. And yes, when there are many contacts it gets really laggy - be it CZ or Nav beacon or even lots of materials waiting to be gathered
Also noticed the heavy lag in a NHSS threat level 5 with 8 scouts and 1-2 npc ships. It eases a bit after the npc jumps away and i kill 1-2 scouts.

I'm playing on the One X and getting the same issue when selecting contacts panel, even if I change the resolution to 1080p performance. It's really bad in a had res / conflict zone etc.

As posted previously, have you trying turning off "head look smoothing" & "idle hand animations" in the options?

It may help, and certainly improved things for me. Running ED on my Xbox One X, running 4K Quality mode with none of these issues.

Buying a new console won't fix the issue.

As politely as is possible on such an impersonal medium, this isn't entirely correct.

There could be issues with heat management, free available disk space, the device being outputted too, the cable connecting the two, colour depth settings and so on. Another thing worth trying is letting the console auto detect your TV, or lowering the colour depth.

Crazy, using an XB1X here and not having those issues.

Good luck!

Exactly. (y)

Plenty of storage space. Brand new hdmi cable and 4k LG monitor. Do you think that free sync could be the issue because I've got that on. I'll have a play around with it when I get home and report back...

Plenty of storage space. Brand new hdmi cable and 4k LG monitor. Do you think that free sync could be the issue because I've got that on. I'll have a play around with it when I get home and report back...

Coincidentally, I'm also using a new HDMI/4k LG TV with Free Sync but again NOT experiencing this issue, setup is about 8 months old at this point.

I'll double check my graphical settings for you when I get home though. If I remember right I'm set up for 1080p for the higher FPS but didn't turn off the headlook/hands stuff.

In the mean time clear your cache and keep your Xbox totally powered down for 2-5min at least. Make sure all your updates are applied so your Xbox isn't trying to do anything more than play the game.

Lastly, I keep my xbox up on these little rubber feet which help with cooling and prevent static electricity issues in my play space. I don't think everyone HAS to do this but I for me it's helped.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075F1HW3S/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_cmeqDbP5SCWT5

not sure if this applies, but i was getting very frustrated last year with choppy/stuttering graphics all of a sudden and no matter what game/console settings I tried, the issue would not go away.

I finally found the problem! At some point, probably after an update, the default settings for that connection on my TV switched to "Game Mode". This is supposed to reduce graphic delays by reducing quality or something, but turning that off fixed the problem.

I was a bit surprised to find that settings on the television could have that particular impact on the game, but even if that is not the root cause for you, it's worth factoring your TV settings into your troubleshooting.

Thanks buddy will give it a shot.
not sure if this applies, but i was getting very frustrated last year with choppy/stuttering graphics all of a sudden and no matter what game/console settings I tried, the issue would not go away.

I finally found the problem! At some point, probably after an update, the default settings for that connection on my TV switched to "Game Mode". This is supposed to reduce graphic delays by reducing quality or something, but turning that off fixed the problem.

I was a bit surprised to find that settings on the television could have that particular impact on the game, but even if that is not the root cause for you, it's worth factoring your TV settings into your troubleshooting.
Thanks I shall give it a shot.

Another possibility is the HDMI cable itself, sounds strange but I had my PC plugged into my tv via a cheap old HDMI cable and performance was woeful, plugging in my xbox HDMI cable made a difference so significant it was like night & day.

Well guys I've played around with the TV settings and it has made a difference so thanks for the suggestions.

Don't know how the TV settings contribute to game performance but hey learn something new everyday.

Coincidentally, I'm also using a new HDMI/4k LG TV with Free Sync but again NOT experiencing this issue, setup is about 8 months old at this point.

I'll double check my graphical settings for you when I get home though. If I remember right I'm set up for 1080p for the higher FPS but didn't turn off the headlook/hands stuff.

In the mean time clear your cache and keep your Xbox totally powered down for 2-5min at least. Make sure all your updates are applied so your Xbox isn't trying to do anything more than play the game.

Lastly, I keep my xbox up on these little rubber feet which help with cooling and prevent static electricity issues in my play space. I don't think everyone HAS to do this but I for me it's helped.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075F1HW3S/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_cmeqDbP5SCWT5
Thanks for your reply. I'm currently using 4k - performance settings. Even if I downgrade to 1080p - performance, the problem persists. I occasionally bring my One X downstairs and use my 4k TV and I still get the same issue. It all started after the update that improved the lighting etc. Game ran super smooth before that. Seems like I've tried everything to resolve this issue and it's not just me. I have friends with the same problem. I'm a bit stumped, to be honest. Idle animations off etc.

Top Bottom