Well, actually there are infinite number of points which are equal remote from triangle vertexes in 3D ... and they're laying all on 1 line which is perpendicual to plain of triangle and this line goes through the center of circumscribed circle. So yeh can be not exactly where u expected ... that's why I stopped to play with this, solving plain equations and picking exact point in plain is too much for me too :D have been 20+ years since I did it.
If you search a bit, you will find online tools tha gives you what you need.
This one probably does the job: https://www.triangle-calculator.com/?what=vc

If you search a bit, you will find online tools tha gives you what you need.
This one probably does the job: https://www.triangle-calculator.com/?what=vc
No. "Solve triangle" means find all angles and sizes but giving some.
My code above was trying to find somethign like "Perpendicular bisectors"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisection#Line_segment_bisector

which is "the center of the circle through the three vertices" which is equal remote point from 3 others points. But ...wiki shows particular one on surface, in 3D for given triangle can be many including that one which is on triangle surface.

To mark anything by 3 points in 3d u need 3 distances as well or 3 directions from each of 3 points. That how all listening post work ;) They give direction & distance.
Maybe 3rd sentence is "directions" for 1st and 2nd? >:
Or 6 points which form 3 lines ...but still they may intersect or may not, if all 3 do that in 1 point - then we found.

Last edited:
Hm, I'm flying a-b-g-d planets for "rift mystery" and well, new FSS just see it without need to decode beacons or whatever.
Can it be it will see raxxla too or dw station? :)

No. "Solve triangle" means find all angles and sizes but giving some.
My code above was trying to find somethign like "Perpendicular bisectors"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisection#Line_segment_bisector

which is "the center of the circle through the three vertices" which is equal remote point from 3 others points. But ...wiki shows particular one on surface, in 3D for given triangle can be many including that one which is on triangle surface.
That's true but if all you have are three points, only the solution in the plane is relevant.
Until you have some distances or more points, that's all you can get.

FORMIDINE RIFT MISSION 5/6

Expedition Log 07/10/3270
"I'm scared... help me someone... I can't bear another jump. The lights in witch-space are coming for me. The lights... always the lights... they're calling to me... a siren song... I must join them..."

Hmm ..sirens :D
I noticed, when I do jump, all stars along the way fly-by as lights. Could it be that "sirens" ? >:

Last edited:
That intresting, so expeditions in FR ...all 4 were slaughtered by thargoids it seems ...usual weird sound & power loss.
So that means they came from that direction? Then why humanity were trying to run there too ? And ye, I would like to find origin source of them as well ...

Scytale

Banned
Could it be that "sirens" ? >:
Is witchspace the deepest void ?
Lore says 'witchspace is haunted.' Could then be anything from jack-o'-lantern to ghosts and dragons ?
Would be cool, but just space madness, I am afraid.
But I still bet Raxxla is somehow related to witchspace, hyperspace and so (Oolite's concept and my own interpretation of the Icon). Just my feeling. But.. is it FD's feeling ?
Not sure at all.

Last edited:

Scytale

Banned
That intresting, so expeditions in FR ...all 4 were slaughtered by thargoids it seems ...usual weird sound & power loss.
So that means they came from that direction? Then why humanity were trying to run there too ? And ye, I would like to find origin source of them as well ...
Remember, "In FR mYsTeRy, no Thargs, no Raxxla, no antigravity" DW was warned by MB. FD reserved (well... not sure about antigrav if reserved or pointless in ED..)

Ok well ..next stop to check crab nebula. If all 6 parts point to different properties of the same object - crab's ns is good candidate ... Any way it's famous to visit.

FORMIDINE RIFT MISSION 5/6

Hmm ..sirens :D
I noticed, when I do jump, all stars along the way fly-by as lights. Could it be that "sirens" ? >:
What else is odd is that if you go to areas you know there are no stars those lights are still there. The question is is this laziness on fdevs part or intentional? If it's on purpose maybe we have to look for things in witchspace as a hint. I know I've seen an odd formation in the Orion nebula hot dog that was a clear triangle of stars. I think you saw it if you went back too. Like there are fixed things in the void when jumping.

Scytale

Banned
There are no stars in the Newtonian space but maybe there are where the multi-D hyperspace conduct drives you through. I mean, the jump doesn't follow a straight line in 3D space. Imho.

Last edited:
Well, from tech point it's just "please wait" message while client/server loads stuff. Maybe it is done by showing stars with x100000000 speed + random. So it is different a bit on each jump and looks true hyperspace.
But I doubt they could encode there anything.

ALso there is related question - can they add star systems as they wish or cant ? If they cant - then no point to search 3 "raxxla stars" ....because, do you really think they could make toast for 3 already existing stars? >: I wouldnt do that. I would place 3 stars in configuration I need.

Last edited:
Has anyone fully explored the, "Stock 2 Sector," It's right in the middle of the wredguia sector and is fairly small. I'm assuming it has some special star in it like a supernova. I can't find what it revolves around though. And the name is odd.

It's right next to the coordinates were looking into.

I just posted this in the wrong thread. ><

The sector is a little bigger than I thought, but that still may mean it has a weird center piece to it. I'd never even heard of it until just now. I saw it and wondered if an update messed up another sectors name. There is a stock 1 sector also, but not stock 3... Stock one is basically like stock2 but at the positive version of the third coordinate like where the previous incorrect calcs were coming up. Kind of interesting. They seem a bit artificial with those names. I wonder if they are hiding something.

The Stock sectors are named for the open clusters they contain - the same as the Col (Collinder) sectors. There's also at least one 'Blanco' sector and I think some 'Trumpler's.

The Zurara was slaughtered by humans.

It's almost like DrewW had some storyline left over from the original Rift mystery so he used it up when it was retconned into a Thargoid thing, even though it doesn't make any sense in the new context.

Last edited:
Has anybody ever asked David Braben, or anyone from FDev for that matter, if Raxxla is even reachable in the current game?

We need to find out some key factors here. As fun as tinfoil-hatting is, I'm really wondering if Raxxla or anything else related to it is actually "in the game right now" physically.

If yes, then we know that it's likely in a permit-locked area; meaning that we still have a mystery on figuring out how to get these permits still anyway.

If no, then it's just the gen ships all over again. The whole "they were there the whole time but actually not" is getting old, I'm sick of the magic switch.

Has anybody ever asked David Braben, or anyone from FDev for that matter, if Raxxla is even reachable in the current game?

We need to find out some key factors here. As fun as tinfoil-hatting is, I'm really wondering if Raxxla or anything else related to it is actually "in the game right now" physically.

If yes, then we know that it's likely in a permit-locked area; meaning that we still have a mystery on figuring out how to get these permits still anyway.

If no, then it's just the gen ships all over again. The whole "they were there the whole time but actually not" is getting old, I'm sick of the magic switch.
See the OP of this thread.

Top Bottom