why is this still a thing???

CZs are a major part of this game, and theyre still broken...
route the enemy megaship... ships stop spawning
deploy a fighter, instance bluescreens
randomly for no reason, ships stop spawning
CZs that never spawn the first ship
LAG
Progress bar disappearing, foregoing the ship kill count, again making the instance unfinishable

3 of 5 CZs break, and become unfinishable for no apparent reason

I hope this is a PS4 issue only, because this is game breaking

Last edited:
they should revert the low intensities to how they were, and keep all the fancy pants business in the highs. I dont like the conflict ENDING right after I get on a roll, and then when I re-instance only the enemies show up.

Ooh - that sounds frustrating! Must say though, never had these problems myself. The only frustrating thing to me is that I can never kill the enemy captain before he bugs out. Just can't get enough fire power onto him for long enough. Don't bother even trying now so that seems a bit of a waste. But other than that I've never had any problem. Well, that wasn't my own fault by not being more vigilant and a better pilot.

If you accept that CZ instances are semi persistent (i.e. you can go into one that someone else in your open session just completed) and that they need approx 3 minutes according to my observations in order to 'reset', you can either wait when this happens, or go to a different CZ, but once you accept this in you rmind, the problem of empty CZs and ones with only enemies, is easily explained away as an acceptable facet of the way the game works.

I rarely do highs, as they are pretty inefficient in terms of BGS goal completion, but I've done a few, always rout the megaship when it appears and not had any funny stuff. I admit I've not done many highs to have a good sample size. Mediums and lows however, I have done in their hundreds. I don't use a fighter, so again can't comment on those issues, but I've never had a game crash in a CZ, I HAVE had the progress bar just disappear sometimes, but it's very rare. All in all, I see CZs as one of the things that works well in the game, while I acknowledge that there are issues for people who play the game the same way you do, I wouldn't call them broken.

Can't say I've experience any of the OPs problems, aside from (very rarely) enterig a CZ and there being no ships present.

I wonder if it's some kind of network-related issue, data not being sent/received fast enough for the game to use it correctly?

I've seen some of these bugs, but it's been more of a 1 to 10 (or more) ratio. It's pretty rare that I have any problems.

I do all my CGs in a Vulture, if that has any bearing. On PS4, of course!

I've done quite a few CZ's lately and I've not seen what the OP describes. I'm on PC, if that makes any significant difference.

The only complaint I had was when ALL the CZ's dried up at once - just ship wreckage when you enter - and I was only half-way through a Wing Massacre mission and had to abandon it, no partial turn-in like with trading.

Just remembered. I did have one weird issue... I was between targets, so not firing, flipping through enemies deciding which to engage next, when ALL ships in the CZ suddenly went red on radar. However, the CZ still kept working as usual - I wasn't ganged up on or anything - I just had to manually confirm the targetted next hostile was indeed the enemy faction. My side proceeded to win without any issues. Just found it odd my side suddenly went Red, but didn't go hostile. No friendly fire triggered this, as I wasn't firing when it happened - only thing I can think of is a bumped friendly ship then being killed within 30 seconds or whatever it is. Though I'd been sat still for a while and I don't recall bumping anything.

Other than that slight bit of oddness and the Civil War seeming to end, but the CZ's persisting but full of wrecks, they work well for me.

Scoob.

If you accept that CZ instances are semi persistent (i.e. you can go into one that someone else in your open session just completed) and that they need approx 3 minutes according to my observations in order to 'reset', you can either wait when this happens, or go to a different CZ, but once you accept this in you rmind, the problem of empty CZs and ones with only enemies, is easily explained away as an acceptable facet of the way the game works.

I rarely do highs, as they are pretty inefficient in terms of BGS goal completion, but I've done a few, always rout the megaship when it appears and not had any funny stuff. I admit I've not done many highs to have a good sample size. Mediums and lows however, I have done in their hundreds. I don't use a fighter, so again can't comment on those issues, but I've never had a game crash in a CZ, I HAVE had the progress bar just disappear sometimes, but it's very rare. All in all, I see CZs as one of the things that works well in the game, while I acknowledge that there are issues for people who play the game the same way you do, I wouldn't call them broken.
while i accept the logic in your reply, it isnt the issue. the CZs will sometimes just be empty, from the start. and accepting a bug as acceptable? ill agree to disagree. but as for the rest... if it is indeed a ps4 issue (since pc seems to be "acceptable"), then they are dropping the ball quite severely.

You're on a roll commander!

the bugs and the voice overs just get repetitive to the point that they ruin the gameplay :(

I'm on PC and the issue appears a lot in solo, in multi-crew, is even worse. Most of the times the NPC's don't even appear even after going thru 2-3 conflict zones, still no NPC's, or sometimes just one team of NPC's appear.

Top Bottom