Anaconda explorer build

BigMaec's suggestion on page 1 of adding SB's gets my approval.

If you plan on high G planetary landings having 1500-1800mj of shields is well worth the minimal jump range cost

Repair limpets controller and an AFMU unit will also allow you stay stat out almost indefinately, your only limitation then is your PP which can't be repaired

Fully engineered you can get 75ly jump range and still have plenty of shields and toys, anything more (80+ly) and you sacrifice too much in terms of survivability imo

Last edited:
Regarding the oft mentioned Anaconda 'sluggishness', is the Type-7 equally sluggish in SC handling in your views ? I ask because I bought a Type-7 during the replies to this thread simply out of curiosity, Grade 5 Engineered the FSD and got 49LY.. not bad. The thing is it's realy sluggish, much more than I think I expected ( I normally fly the Python ). Wondering if the Anaconda and T-7 are on parl in SC handling ?

THnEwIzh.png

Last edited:
OP needs to specify wether playing Open or not and wether jump range is the main aim or not.

My 72 ly dbx now has room for repair module and a couple of repair limpets, along with all other necassary requirement. Small and light enough to do canyon runs, not worry about gravity and out run anyone that wants to chase me... (Npcs of course, i dont pvp)

If youre playing in Open, engineered Krait Phantom, aim for a reasonable 45-55ly range and be fully defensible with weapons if you have all the engineers unlocked. There were some great build suggestions by pvpers in the DW2 threads.

I also do not pvp, jump range is the main aim although not to the point of going shieldless, boost-less etc.
If youre playing in Open, engineered Krait Phantom, aim for a reasonable 45-55ly range and be fully defensible with weapons if you have all the engineers unlocked. There were some great build suggestions by pvpers in the DW2 threads.

Last edited:
Regarding the oft mentioned Anaconda 'sluggishness', is the Type-7 equally sluggish in SC handling in your views ? I ask because I bought a Type-7 during the replies to this thread simply out of curiosity, Grade 5 Engineered the FSD and got 49LY.. not bad. The thing is it's realy sluggish, much more than I think I expected ( I normally fly the Python ). Wondering if the Anaconda and T-7 are on parl in SC handling ?
For a big ship, the T7 has amazing handling in SC and is well known for being able to slip interdiction.

It’s one of my favourite ships, it’s internals are brilliant, it looks great and most people don’t like it, so I don’t feel like one of the Krait/Python sheep when I’m flying in one.

If you’re not used to bigger ships then it’ll take a bit of time to adjust to it.

Have you tried out an Orca before? It might be more to your liking if you want to take a large ship exploring. The Orca uses the same 5A FSD so you could just swap it over. Damn good ship the Orca...

Here's my Jumpaconda: https://s.orbis.zone/32ty

5pk8es.jpg

Honestly, it's a bit of a slug in SC but I don't really mind that.
Once you've been flying it for an hour, you just get used to things being sloooow.

Course, I wouldn't fancy flying it anywhere populated, which is why all my exploration ships are parked up right on the edge of the bubble, well out of everybody's way.

With that build you could swap the 2A PP for a 3A and then bung a C5 shield and a couple of boosters on it, or get rid of the extra fuel-tank for more range.
Personally, I really like having the extra fuel.
Makes things a lot more relaxed, when you're using so much fuel with every jump.

Orca, hmm. Always thought of the Orca as a passenger ship.

For a big ship, the T7 has amazing handling in SC and is well known for being able to slip interdiction.

It’s one of my favourite ships, it’s internals are brilliant, it looks great and most people don’t like it, so I don’t feel like one of the Krait/Python sheep when I’m flying in one.

If you’re not used to bigger ships then it’ll take a bit of time to adjust to it.

Have you tried out an Orca before? It might be more to your liking if you want to take a large ship exploring. The Orca uses the same 5A FSD so you could just swap it over. Damn good ship the Orca...

Orca, hmm. Always thought of the Orca as a passenger ship.
It is a passenger ship. And the T7 is a freighter.

But it means little in this game because numbers are numbers and the T7 is often a better passenger ship than the Orca because of its module flexibility and its cheap cost.

That said, the Orca can jump well and has very nice speed and handling both in and out of SC. A real joy to fly, pretty sure it handles twice as well as the Python if you’re looking for something to compare it to...others may argue...

Here is my neutron highway cruiser.
A second fuel tank is a must on-a-Conda (ba-dum-tsss). The only ship where I use those tree-hugging clean drives simply for easier fuel scooping and enabling FSD while doing so.
I only use her if I want to get somewhere fast. For everything else I use a 60 Ly Phantom with maxed out g5 dirty drives and 4a g5 charge enhanced power distributor with infinite boost. No smaller PD even engine focused would give it infinite boost.

Core internals on my Conda:
4A Power Plant, G3 Overcharged
5D Thrusters, G5 Clean, Stripped Down
6A FSD, G5 Increased Range, Mass Manager
5D Life Support, G4 Lightweight
4D Power Distributer, G5 Engine Focused, Stripped Down
5C Fuel Tank

Go with clean thrusters on an Explorer, less heat. If I remember correctly you'll have to engineer the 4D PD to G5 Engine Focused in another ship in order to equip it on the Conda. My Conda is just over 70 ly unladen with 3D shields, and can boost once every 15 or so seconds.

Core internals on my Conda:
4A Power Plant, G3 Overcharged
5D Thrusters, G5 Clean, Stripped Down
6A FSD, G5 Increased Range, Mass Manager
5D Life Support, G4 Lightweight
4D Power Distributer, G5 Engine Focused, Stripped Down
5C Fuel Tank

Go with clean thrusters on an Explorer, less heat. If I remember correctly you'll have to engineer the 4D PD to G5 Engine Focused in another ship in order to equip it on the Conda. My Conda is just over 70 ly unladen with 3D shields, and can boost once every 15 or so seconds.
Never use clean on an explorer, they generate more heat in idle so more heat in supercruise due to a higher power consumption.
There are niche cases of course, but generally clean drives are worse then dirties.

Never use clean on an explorer, they generate more heat in idle so more heat in supercruise due to a higher power consumption.
There are niche cases of course, but generally clean drives are worse then dirties.

I may be misunderstanding the Thermal Load modifier then, however Clean Drives=less optimal mass penalty, which means slightly more distance.

I may be misunderstanding the Thermal Load modifier then, however Clean Drives=less optimal mass penalty, which means slightly more distance.
That's not how it works...

1) the thermal load modifier applies only on thruster use (boost, flying above surfaces) so dirty drives are hotter under thrust, and cleans are hotter in idle, because they use more power then dirties (+16% vs +12% for G5). Idle applies to supercruise, so for more efficient scooping dirties are better.

2) the optimal mass penalty applies to the normal flight profile, so dirties are more suspectible to a higher mass ship then cleans (delivering relatively less speed when a certain mass is exceeded). This has no effect on jump range.

Generally dirties are better in nearly any case, except silent running builds or niche cases (I have a Beluga with clean 1 drives because that is the only Mod neither raising power demands nor mass)

Last edited:

Pro build, deep space

-223 Integrity for the power plant (4A Armored, Double Braced)
-All 3 vital systems (Thrusters, FSD, Life Support) under the 40% power threshold
-3D Reinforced Shields NOT Enhanced Low Power shields, the ladder provides 0 MJ overall shield strength

Last edited:
if cone boosting, fit a class 7 spare tank and a 3A AFMU, this will give 4 fsd repairs from 80% on the ammo provided, which is enough for me to get back from Sag. A.
I cover approx. 7,000 ly between scoops.

Last edited:
Guys,please take a look at the attached pics attached below of my explorer Anaconda build, no weapons. I'll be engineering the FSD, power plant, thrusters and the 4D shied generator. Again, this is an exporer build, carrying no weapons and flying in Solo.
Any suggestions or something I've missed ? Will this build 'boost' ?

3mcYmKph.png

5RdfW15h.png

Last edited:
Guys,please take a look at the attached pics attached below of my explorer Anaconda build, no weapons. I'll be engineering the FSD, power plant, thrusters and shied generator. Again, this is an exporer build, carrying no weapons and flying in Solo.
Any suggestions or something I've missed ? Will this build 'boost' ?

it will boost to the grave and back im sure

stick it into Coriolis and have a look https://coriolis.io/

Last edited:
1) the thermal load modifier applies only on thruster use (boost, flying above surfaces) so dirty drives are hotter under thrust, and cleans are hotter in idle, because they use more power then dirties (+16% vs +12% for G5). Idle applies to supercruise, so for more efficient scooping dirties are better.

Filed under "Things I learned today"! Thanks for bringing that up, I didn't know that tidbit.

Top Bottom