Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Deleted member 38366

D
That's where i was headed until i ran into a black hole.I hope you've left some. :giggle:
I'm currently making my way back to civ slowly, but the nebula i'm looking at now seems to have been comprehensively explored already.I haven't had 1 FD since i got here,even plotting manually one jump at a time.

It's a weird Sector and I didn't spend much time in it. I remember trying to plot into it, only to realize some considerable parts didn't even have any Stars in it, so I ended up merely scratching its very edge at best :p

What happened to you at that Black Hole you mentioned ?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a weird Sector and I didn't spend much time in it. I remember trying to plot into it, only to realize some consuderable parts didn't even have any Stars in it, so I ended up merely scratching its very edge at best :p

Whar happened to you at that Black Hole you mentioned ?
Heh, i spent a little too long in exterior camera view and returned to a cockpit full smoke and flames.By the time i clawed my way out of the gravity well and escaped, i had sustained enough damage that my stocks of repair materials was severely depleted,and since i'd lost my scarab in an earlier incident, i abandoned the whole trip and went wandering.Once i am fully refitted i will probably make another attempt.It's a long term goal for me,and i never expected to make it on my first try.It's the journey that interests me more than the destination.
As for the paucity of stars in Aquilas Halo,it took a lot of searching to find anything.The map seems very empty.In fact i think it was a mention of a location in the sector on the forums that enabled me to select a destination.
Fly safe and good travels.

Now I've got the Hutton thing out of my system, I'm back to my favourite little high RES. Just took out an Elite Anaconda which was nice (294k) - although it was already under heavy fire by the time I waded in. Hit it with everything I had and ramming sped it too. Tough blighter.

The one thing that seems to take ages is getting my shields back to full strength. I can switch the boosters off of course, but popping them back on takes those rings back down pretty quickly. I suppose I ought to invest in a few shield cell banks... One day I'll try mining but I'm having too much fun at the moment. Ooooooo! 2mCR in bounties!

This game never ceases to amaze me. Just when you think you've got a handle on things, you find a myriad of other things lurking beneath the surface that need mastering and answering. I'll never "know it all" or win Elite: Dangerous :D

Last night took a trip out the the Hyades Sector for a little Painite mining...well I should say Wednesday evening...Yes, I refitted the Python with the mining stuff, moved around some cargo holds, and headed out to Hyades!!! Notice that I didn't mention drones. Yeah, I of course forgot them. So then I went to a close by site, loaded up on drones and back to Hyades. By the time I got there, it was getting late (local time) so I pulled up out of the ring an logged out.

Thursday nite, I logged in and about freaked out...For some reason I thought I had moved off farther from the ring than I had, so when I logged in, it looked like I was IN the ring...No problem, the 4 pirates came and sniffed around and left. After an hour and a half of nice surface, sub-surface, and a few Cores, I had filled my hold with 135 tons of painite. Headed back to sell my bounty, and wouldn't you know it, came up short of Elite by 2%...But when I started I was at 80% and after hit 98%, so another good haul will throw me over the fence, and give a nice extra pay too.

Next...Combat Elite. That will take a while...but, with the funds I have now, I can buff up the FDL some more and see what happens!

Take Care and Check Six Commanders! o7

When you reach Hutton, have a look around the station, see if you can spot where they store the Anacondas.
(not joking).

Nope, looked everywhere. Never mind, maybe next time. Got some gin and mugs to sell. Gin-inna-mug for a super rich er... mug, maybe.

What can you see in here?

Svass (20191213-173210).jpg

Ooops! Shot at the cops! Scarper!
Serves you right for being a season ahead of me in the Expanse.

Remember your choices are pay extra money to an Interstellar Factor, surrender in a station and get deported to a prison ship somewhere remote or fight it out like Butch and Sundance which worked out well for them.
Assuming you or someone else finished the cop off before you got clear otherwise it’s just a boring old fine.

Serves you right for being a season ahead of me in the Expanse.

Remember your choices are pay extra money to an Interstellar Factor, surrender in a station and get deported to a prison ship somewhere remote or fight it out like Butch and Sundance which worked out well for them.
Assuming you or someone else finished the cop off before you got clear otherwise it’s just a boring old fine.

Just a "boring" fine.

Bit like a parking ticket really; no harm done but the little Hitler stilled slapped a 200CR on me. In the words of Smiley Culture: "Police Officer no give me producer, Police Officer no bother give me producer". The git.

Top Bottom